gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680884 Posts in 27618 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 02, 2024, 09:28:56 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RIP Tommy Ramone  (Read 1695 times)
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2014, 11:56:17 PM »

Very sad news.  The last remaining original member of the Ramones has passed on.  Tommy started out as the band's drummer and then became their producer, he had a huge influence on their sound.  He was 65.  Along with his departed band mates, he is gone much too soon.

bluesno1fann
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 11:58:44 PM »

R.I.P.

Never was a big fan of the Ramones, but I can't believe this.  Cry

Looks like The Ramones join the select few bands (along with the Jimi Hendrix Experience) where all of the founding members are dead...
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 02:27:54 AM »

RIP - a short obituary and some music here:  http://fridaynightboys300.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/tommy-ramone-rip.html
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 04:20:38 AM »

R.I.P. Tommy........... today is a very sad day. Cry
Orange Crate Art
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 04:49:37 AM »

Oh my God this is sad! RIP Tommy Ramone. I love the Ramones, especially the original Ramones. Tommy was such a cool dude, he was always great in interviews and he was responsible for lots of their early tunes, and he was a great record producer. I can't believe we no longer have any original Ramones.

Hey did you hear that George fell into his French horn?
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 06:28:40 AM »

Don't want to get all emotional like I did a couple of weeks ago when Bobby died.  I had lost a niece a few days earlier, at only 56, and was in a really sad mood - and it just opened the gates to all the folks leaving this world too soon.  I'm getting old too, and it worries me.  Like Rei is saying, this is a club you don't want to be taking part in.  I miss the Experience, especially Noel - who will live forever in my magic forest.  Let me not go down this road again...
Tommy was a great musician, as were all the Ramones.  They were a special American band that started something new.  They were influenced by the past, but the way they did it was new.  This is a rip alright.
rest in peace Tommy...and the Ramones.
I Dig Rock-n-Roll Radio!

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Aum Bop Diddit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 10:23:11 PM »

Tommy ramone had a whole lot to do with the concept and image of the Ramones.  Including that straight ahead drum style.

Hey!  Those are *MY* wind chimes!
danieljack
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 06:54:49 AM »

The band that launched a million wannabes. RIP and thanks for the col sounds.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx