gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680925 Posts in 27621 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 08, 2024, 05:07:21 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike's band  (Read 106147 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2015, 05:19:59 AM »

Every time Mike Love opens his mouth, it's childish taradiddle. Cool Guy

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2015, 05:26:39 AM »

I honestly think everytime you type the words 'myKe luHv' your dementia advances a little more.
[/quote Grin
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 02:08:16 PM by The LEGENDARY OSD » Logged

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2015, 06:51:46 AM »

Grin
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 02:08:50 PM by The LEGENDARY OSD » Logged

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2015, 06:56:46 AM »

all in all, writer has the general idea.  Would just love  to see Mike go out on stage for solo concert vs Brian  and a solo show.  Comedy vs musical heaven.  Mr. Love won the lottery so many years ago..what a free ride.  Yes! Help Me I'm caught in the trap and can't (won"t) get out.  

Well said wa1. The article mirrors how many feel both here and quite a few other sites as well. It's all opinion anyway, so who cares? Huh

I care - opinion doesn't give you the right to insult people. In MY opinion you're just a troll. I was delighted the other day when I found a user calling out your silly comment on Youtube. I wasn't delighted to see you spew your childish taradiddle over there too.

Grin
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 02:09:24 PM by The LEGENDARY OSD » Logged

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2015, 06:59:50 AM »

But really OSD!!!  I mean what does this contribute to the conversation.  It's the same olde solid tin of sh*t every time.  I'd guess that at least 1/2 the posters here gather that you and Mike won't be exchanging xmas cards at ANY point...and that happy birthday 'calls' are off the table.  The other 1/2?  They don't care what you think...'cause you seldom add any meat to your bone of contention.  

Mike does [and did] stuff that I get...and I like.   And he also does [and did] sh*t that I don't dig or condone and I think, unless I'm just out and out plastered, that I generally explain why I think the way I do about specific issues and matters at hand.

But this picking off Mike with an air-rifle at 50 paces every time someone dares 'speak' his name is just fucking boring, useless...and it's a real site killer...and still we HAVE to go there almost every gawd-dam day?

Please...wheel...and come again. Cool Guy

The only thing OLDER than OSD around here is this on-going bull sh*t.  It's not Mike that it's reflecting poorly on.

Moderators???  Get to work.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 07:02:30 AM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2015, 07:29:12 AM »

Seconded. The lack of moderation was part of the reason I had enough of this board for quite a while.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2015, 07:54:28 AM »

Who said anything about "favouirite" ? The poster actively dislikes Mike, to a near pathological degree, thus in compliance with OSD's childish taradiddle that the troll bait accurately reflects "how many feel, both here...", my estimate of four-ish is entirely accurate, viz.

OSD, Smile Brian, your good self and... eh, make that three.  Grin

Lot of folk here don't like Mike to a lesser or greater degree, granted, but they're not, by and large, given to frothing at the mouth and going into fits at the mere mention of his name. Much as I do about that talentless twat who used to be in The Smiths, come to think of it...  Shocked

Grin
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 02:10:13 PM by The LEGENDARY OSD » Logged

wilsonart1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2015, 08:07:40 AM »

How many tickets for this next ride?  A few friends that played on this board game are now passed. It was a year of some additional Wilson music  and concerts.  Brian didn't make it to the State his mother was born in (MN) so no scratch was itched for me.  It's just prior to Thanksgiving let's  enjoy.  Turkey and Ham plus venison....I did shot a ( Doe).  Shouldn't of said that! 
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2015, 08:21:46 AM »

Everytime you and/or OSD post an anti-Mike comment, a baby dolphin dies.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2015, 08:31:00 AM »

Or Mike Love loses a hair on his balding head.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2015, 08:37:39 AM »

But really OSD!!!  I mean what does this contribute to the conversation.  It's the same olde solid tin of sh*t every time.  I'd guess that at least 1/2 the posters here gather that you and Mike won't be exchanging xmas cards at ANY point...and that happy birthday 'calls' are off the table.  The other 1/2?  They don't care what you think...'cause you seldom add any meat to your bone of contention.  

Mike does [and did] stuff that I get...and I like.   And he also does [and did] sh*t that I don't dig or condone and I think, unless I'm just out and out plastered, that I generally explain why I think the way I do about specific issues and matters at hand.

But this picking off Mike with an air-rifle at 50 paces every time someone dares 'speak' his name is just fucking boring, useless...and it's a real site killer...and still we HAVE to go there almost every gawd-dam day?

The only thing OLDER than OSD around here is this on-going bull sh*t.  It's not Mike that it's reflecting poorly on.

When I was a moderator I took great pleasure in banning him the first time. Then along the way people complained enough and bullied the current moderators into rescinding the ban. A grave failure from where I sit. He has done nothing since he arrived except disrupt the board. He posts nothing of substance and for some reason has his own little band of cheerleaders. It's beyond pathetic.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 08:39:08 AM by The Real Beach Boy » Logged

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2015, 08:47:43 AM »

How about putting it to a vote, mods?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2015, 09:38:39 AM »

Seem to recall there was a very vocal campaign to reinstate OSD. Hope you're all pleased with yourselves.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2015, 09:42:03 AM »

Just because a movement is popular doesn't mean it's a worthy movement.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2015, 09:44:29 AM »

Seem to recall there was a very vocal campaign to reinstate OSD. Hope you're all pleased with yourselves.
w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t!

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2015, 09:45:00 AM »

When I was a moderator I took great pleasure in banning him the first time. Then along the way people complained enough and bullied the current moderators into rescinding the ban. A grave failure from where I sit. He has done nothing since he arrived except disrupt the board. He posts nothing of substance and for some reason has his own little band of cheerleaders. It's beyond pathetic.

Grin
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 02:11:05 PM by The LEGENDARY OSD » Logged

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2015, 09:45:30 AM »

Are you all calling to ban someone because he insulted a band member? Or did he do something more?
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2015, 09:47:11 AM »

Emily, that's been pretty much it from that crowd....

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2015, 09:54:31 AM »

Emily, that's been pretty much it from that crowd....
Well, that seems a little overboard.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2015, 10:03:33 AM »

This thing?
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,14706.0.html

I counted two people asking for him back. Ironically, one of them disappeared after seemingly getting sick of all the mYke bashing (be careful what you wish for).  
No surprises for guessing who the other one was!

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2015, 10:06:09 AM »

Just because a movement is popular doesn't mean it's a worthy movement.

I've seen bowel movements that were more worthy then bringing OSD back.

Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2015, 10:08:09 AM »

Bowel movements at least purge one of sh*t. OSD just spews sh*t.

Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2015, 10:09:42 AM »

Ok RBB, here's something of substance tailored just for you. As a moderator, you were a " grave failure". Remember?? Most wanted you outta here.

Don't give your two fans that much credit, skippy. I know their lips are practically attached to your ass, but let's be real here. Smiley

Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2015, 10:11:27 AM »

Are you all calling to ban someone because he insulted a band member? Or did he do something more?

He's been banned before for disrupting EVERY thread he posts in. That's all he does. Every time. It's one thing to be critical of band members (see CenturyDeprived) but quite another to literally post the same "myKe luHv" gobbledegook over and over again for eternity. Where CD at least encourages discussion with his points, OSD just derails threads and adds nothing of value. It's called being a troll and trolls were never tolerated on here until recently.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2015, 10:12:31 AM »

What's hilarious is that one of the threads that was made to bring OSD back was made by the self-admitted Mike apologist Pinder Goes To Kokomo.

And, the "vocal" campaign to reinstate him? Really? It was two threads, totaling barely a few pages of actual half-hearted (mostly comical) protests to bring back OSD, such as this:

OH THE HUMANITY! The bullying is just outrageous!! Oh wait, The Real Beach Boy, here in reality, Billy reinstated him during the Christmas season and didn't seem to harbor any resentment doing so. But ya know, let's leave that part out because it doesn't jive with the bullshit you want to spout.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 02:48:54 PM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx