gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680995 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 13, 2024, 08:09:24 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike and Bruce Tour 2015  (Read 395326 times)
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 09, 2014, 05:08:50 AM »

Why can't he hammer it into the ground?

Because it's boring. Even without a mindset that makes you go mad when someone defends Mike, I wish he'd not repeated it that often. There's really no point to that. Whether that makes him eligible for being banned - I'd rather not discuss that.

Whether that makes him eligible for being banned IS THE POINT.

SMiLE Brian and OSD REPEAT the same boring, idiotic, character defaming points day after day, thread after thread, and the moderators take the position "Oh, that's OK. We don't have a problem with being critical of a Beach Boy. We won't stop that." Then, Pinder repeats - REPEATS WORD FOR WORD - what SMiLE Brian said, and he gets banned. Not for making the original statement - which was deemed acceptable by the moderators - but for repeating it. If the original statement is acceptable in the first place, why is it unacceptable to repeat it? That's a rhetorical question. I already know the answer.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 05:28:29 AM by Sheriff John Stone » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 09, 2014, 05:48:15 AM »

Guys, thanks for the positivity and well wishes in this holiday season. Sure keeping with Mr. Positivity himself....

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: December 09, 2014, 06:25:36 AM »

These Cassius vs. Sonny threads are really, for the most part, 'yawn festivals' which NEVER-ever end well and resolve absolutely nothing...but..."water builds up" and the opportunity to let off steam has its 'merits' ... I guess.

That said perhaps these specific threads should be adorned with 'Drive Carefully...Children At Play' signs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjJUNh8QATw

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 09, 2014, 06:30:58 AM »

Did anyone, who has these questions about where the ES concept claims came from or got published, done anything to get an explanation from the record company, venues, or dealers who published it?

Maybe some actual info from those who actually put it out might be more helpful than repetitive name calling and so-far unfounded suspicions have been. Just a thought.

You enjoy that kinda sh*t. Go for it.

We'll wait with bated breath for your findings.

Now go get 'em Cammy!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: December 09, 2014, 06:43:22 AM »

Especially if they're perfectly capable of turning around and calling his cousin a fucking slimeball.

Ok, this has been mentioned enough times to suggest putting an end to repeating and reposting it. The point has been made, no need to keep hammering it into the ground.

Why can't he hammer it into the ground? Other posters are constantly hammering the same point into the ground? Perhaps Pinder should've called Mike a "conniving, little dipshit of a man" like Wirestone did. The moderators seemed to be OK with that. Hypocrites.

You are seriously calling me a hypocrite? Why are you ignoring the fact that i was in agreement with Pinder up until he went off on me too? Why are you ignoring the fact that i said more than once that SmileBrian' s post pissed me off?

I'm seriously fed up with this. Obviously it doesn't matter what i say or do here. Thanks for confirming that for me.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 06:47:37 AM by ♩♬ Billy C ♯♫♩ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 09, 2014, 08:03:14 AM »

Especially if they're perfectly capable of turning around and calling his cousin a fucking slimeball.

Ok, this has been mentioned enough times to suggest putting an end to repeating and reposting it. The point has been made, no need to keep hammering it into the ground.

Why can't he hammer it into the ground? Other posters are constantly hammering the same point into the ground? Perhaps Pinder should've called Mike a "conniving, little dipshit of a man" like Wirestone did. The moderators seemed to be OK with that. Hypocrites.

You are seriously calling me a hypocrite? Why are you ignoring the fact that i was in agreement with Pinder up until he went off on me too? Why are you ignoring the fact that i said more than once that SmileBrian' s post pissed me off?

I'm seriously fed up with this. Obviously it doesn't matter what i say or do here. Thanks for confirming that for me.

First, Billy, I admire and respect the work you do as a moderator. It's a thankless job, and one that I wouldn't and couldn't even considering doing. That being said... Cheesy

You state that SMiLEBrian's post "pissed you off." Did it piss you off personally, or as a moderator, or both. If it pissed you off as a moderator, then what did you choose to do about it? By not editing SMiLEBrian's post, or deleting it, or banning SMiLEBrian for making that kind of statement (and he's made other similar ones), you accepted it. Maybe begrudgingly, but you accepted it. I mean, the last I looked, it's still there. So, once you make that decision to accept such, in my opinion, inappropriate, unacceptable character defamation, you better be prepared to live with it. What's good for the goose...

But you weren't prepared to live with it. Don't you see (I hope you do but I'm not sure) that Pinder was just trying to make that exact point. He was basically saying, hey, if that's the kind of verbage that's gonna fly around here, and nobody's gonna do anything about it, then fine, here it is right back at you. When Pinder started to repeat the phrase, it looked pretty bad didn't it. But, hey, he'd didn't originate the phrase; he was merely repeating it, again like SMiLE Brian and OSD do every day, over and over. Again, what's good for the goose...So, did you - or any other moderators - go back and say, you know, we can't tolerate this kind of character defamation - even of a Beach Boy we don't even know one bit. No, you didn't. You basically banned a guy for imitating, imitating what SOMEBODY ELSE SAID AND GOT AWAY WITH.

I get what you're saying about accepting criticism of the individual Beach Boys. But I think there has to be a line. That's just my opinion. I think there are some dangerous precedents being set and followed and I think it's gonna come back and bite the board in the ass, if it hasn't already. Right, Scott Totten?
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 09, 2014, 08:03:36 AM »

Because it's boring. Even without a mindset that makes you go mad when someone defends Mike, I wish he'd not repeated it that often. There's really no point to that. Whether that makes him eligible for being banned - I'd rather not discuss that.

SMiLE Brian and OSD REPEAT the same boring, idiotic, character defaming points day after day, thread after thread, and the moderators take the position "Oh, that's OK. We don't have a problem with being critical of a Beach Boy. We won't stop that." Then, Pinder repeats - REPEATS WORD FOR WORD - what SMiLE Brian said, and he gets banned. Not for making the original statement - which was deemed acceptable by the moderators - but for repeating it. If the original statement is acceptable in the first place, why is it unacceptable to repeat it? That's a rhetorical question. I already know the answer.

Hey, look at the bright side. Now there's offically a free pass to call ANY BEACH BOY a fucking scumbag, mentally handicapped person, douchegag, asshole etc, as long as it's not provocative or baiting.

Except i don't see the point in hammering this kind of idiocy in every thread.

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: December 09, 2014, 08:10:57 AM »

I'm calling a time out on this for the moment. The comments being posted are being posted before anyone knows what went on or what is going on, and it's not going to be a case of coming after Billy or coming after anyone else without getting an explanation if that's what is being asked for. Please hold off for now.

These decisions are majority decisions. Which means when it comes up, and whenever possible including as soon as everyone gets on board, the decision is discussed and either agreed or disagreed. That happened here, that is happening here. Please hold off on throwing around criticisms until this gets clarified. As we all work different schedules and are in different regions of the world, I ask for you patience until we clarify this together and move forward with what we agree on. It will be addressed. And some will disagree, some will agree, as with anything else.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: December 09, 2014, 08:15:51 AM »

Gonna make this brief as I'm at work about to clock in. My issue with Pinder is that he was asked repeatedly to stop and he kept going and then went off on me even though i was sticking up for him. Nothing to do with his views on Mike, any more than I'd ban SmileBrian for his views on Mike. I wish he'd turn it down, though. If he'd have continued after me and gf said to stop he'd be gone too

More later but i gotta get on.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 10:08:14 AM by ♩♬ Billy C ♯♫♩ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 09, 2014, 08:17:24 AM »

I'm calling a time out on this for the moment. The comments being posted are being posted before anyone knows what went on or what is going on, and it's not going to be a case of coming after Billy or coming after anyone else without getting an explanation if that's what is being asked for. Please hold off for now.

These decisions are majority decisions. Which means when it comes up, and whenever possible including as soon as everyone gets on board, the decision is discussed and either agreed or disagreed. That happened here, that is happening here. Please hold off on throwing around criticisms until this gets clarified. As we all work different schedules and are in different regions of the world, I ask for you patience until we clarify this together and move forward with what we agree on. It will be addressed. And some will disagree, some will agree, as with anything else.

I respect this ^ and will refrain. I just wanted to make clear that, while I did address Billy in my above post, I am not singling him out. I am aware that banning decisions are made as a team because it has been pointed out numerous times in the last few months.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 09, 2014, 08:23:17 AM »

Hey, look at the bright side. Now there's offically a free pass to call ANY BEACH BOY a fucking scumbag, mentally handicapped person, douchegag, asshole etc, as long as it's not provocative or baiting.

Except i don't see the point in hammering this kind of idiocy in every thread.
Enforcing Rule 2 should be easier to enforce and more straightforward than assessing whether there is a "provocative" or similarly-toned post.  

The mods have an almost impossible job, and are pretty fair, reasonable, and, frankly, I'd be far less tolerant of the "goading" than they are.  A lot of the posts are calculated to resurrect concepts that have been debated ad nauseum, and are readily identifiable as "hate" posts.  Much is offensive, mean and borderline slanderous, notwithstanding public person status.

Hate, if you must, but do it in your own domain. (Pun intended.) Many of us treasure the opportunity to just discuss the music that we love.   Love

And this garbage is a distractor from that.  
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 08:40:19 AM by filledeplage » Logged
D409
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 09, 2014, 09:03:15 AM »

Can we lock this thread now please and maybe start a proper relevant thread about Mike & Bruce's touring activities for 2015 ?
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: December 09, 2014, 09:15:15 AM »

The thread will not be locked until the mods have a chance to address and explain. What I asked above is to hold off on addressing the specific issues or pointing fingers until we've had a chance to discuss everything. Let me say again, this is not taken lightly and is something which is being discussed. Please hang tight.  Smiley

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 09, 2014, 09:49:42 AM »

Did anyone, who has these questions about where the ES concept claims came from or got published, done anything to get an explanation from the record company, venues, or dealers who published it?

Maybe some actual info from those who actually put it out might be more helpful than repetitive name calling and so-far unfounded suspicions have been. Just a thought.

Now go get 'em Cammy!

Oh yeah. I want to marry it.

If it were a mystery to me I would, but it's not. Those to whom it is still a mystery or makes them curious or wonder how it happened should do the legwork like Nicko and others did for the ticket prices. Maybe we could have avoided being deep in the weeds on this ES issue.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 09, 2014, 10:03:36 AM »

Now go get 'em Cammy!

If it were a mystery to me I would, but it's not. Those to whom it is still a mystery or makes them curious or wonder how it happened should do the legwork like Nicko and others did for the ticket prices. Maybe we could have avoided being deep in the weeds on this ES issue.

So you don't think Mike had a thing to do with a self-aggrandizing bio posted on The Beach Boys' Capitol Records page in '02? And the fact that it was up for like three days? You think a random Capitol staffer just threw it up there?

And you think that the bullshit about Endless Summer being "his" concept album being repeated word for word even 12 years later is just a crazy coincidence to which Mike and his people have no knowledge? Right.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 09, 2014, 10:22:30 AM »

Now go get 'em Cammy!

So you don't think Mike had a thing to do with a self-aggrandizing bio posted on The Beach Boys' Capitol Records page in '02? And the fact that it was up for like three days? You think a random Capitol staffer just threw it up there?

And you think that the bullshit about Endless Summer being "his" concept album being repeated word for word even 12 years later is just a crazy coincidence to which Mike and his people have no knowledge? Right.

Since Mike has publicly debunked the ES claim, yeah, I think probably some unknown Capitol copywriter made a mistake or misunderstanding on a Capitol bio and so far there is no evidence otherwise. If it were Brian or Al or any of the Boys or anybody really and the same thing happened I would assume the same thing until proven otherwise.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 09, 2014, 10:27:16 AM »

Now go get 'em Cammy!

Since Mike has publicly debunked the ES claim, yeah, I think probably some unknown Capitol copywriter made a mistake or misunderstanding on a Capitol bio and so far there is no evidence otherwise. If it were Brian or Al or any of the Boys or anybody really and the same thing happened I would assume the same thing until proven otherwise.

Well, you must admit that Mike, much much moreso than any other BB, has a long history of being more of a braggart than his bandmates (if that's not accurate, I'll eat my shorts - please go ahead and claim how that is untrue, I'll prep the salt and pepper), so while that isn't conclusive proof that Mike had a hand in writing or approving it, logic would tend to point in that direction.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: December 09, 2014, 10:29:14 AM »

I don't think anybody can or should argue that. It takes a certain level of bravado to be a front man on stage. It's necessary,  really.

Catbirdman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 09, 2014, 11:17:24 AM »

I support Billy and GuitarFool and I wish more 7-day chill-out sessions were handed out to everyone - ON BOTH SIDES - who insist on making every thread a Brian v. Mike thread. People are so damn defensive...."oh, poor persecuted me, the whole board is part of a conspiracy to discredit my viewpoint, it's ALWAYS the same..." bla bla bla.

What a load of crap. The signal-to-noise ratio on this board is so far beyone negotiable levels for those of us who only have time for a few minutes every day or so to browse through the BS to find some actual news...

I would fully support and would love to participate in a much more heavily moderated board. If one poster can't respect another poster and starts being an a55hole, their posts get wiped. Simple as that. Say what you want about the Hoffman board but you never see pages and pages of pure crap over there. Instead you get - imagine this - actual informative and pleasant reading.

And to me it's not about having a "thick skin" - go ahead and attack me if you want, I don't care...I'm just sick of wading through all the arguments which is a HUGE WASTE OF TIME.

If I want arguments I'll listen to the Vega-Tables skits. If I come to this message board, I would actual prefer - gasp - to read about the Beach Boys and the music. I don't give a rat's ass about any of your arguments.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 11:18:53 AM by Catbirdman » Logged

My real name is Peter Aaron Beyer. I live in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
Casper Van Diem
Smiley Smile Newbie

You trying to be a hero, Watkins?

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 09, 2014, 11:25:54 AM »

So about that Beach Boys 2015 tour, a UK date on 31st May 2015 at The Royal Albert Hall has been announced according to Andrew. I might just go to that didn't get to go to TRAH last time around.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: December 09, 2014, 11:48:46 AM »

So about that Beach Boys 2015 tour, a UK date on 31st May 2015 at The Royal Albert Hall has been announced according to Andrew. I might just go to that didn't get to go to TRAH last time around.

Have Mike and Bruce ever played RAH without any other BB's?

Not trying to toss more logs on...just genuinely curious! Seems like a very odd choice in venue for their show.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 09, 2014, 12:14:20 PM »

« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 12:49:38 PM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: December 09, 2014, 12:18:46 PM »

Actually Pinder's repetitive posts made me skip reading his after a while, so I didn't even notice his attacking Billy which would in fact be a reason to ban him. That shows how hard the job as a moderator is: You basically have to read anything.

I hereby declare pointing my finger at one certain poster, and it's not a moderator.

Back to cool headedly discussing venues now.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 09, 2014, 12:46:31 PM »

excuse my ignorance, but is there a 'ignore buttom' or are there plans to have it in this message board?

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: December 09, 2014, 12:47:26 PM »

There's not, and i wish there was.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 75 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx