gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680952 Posts in 27623 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 09, 2024, 07:35:52 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So much for all the good feeling  (Read 9535 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2012, 11:45:05 PM »

I just wonder who the anonymous source is ...

Phil Cohen.

These rumors have nothing whatsoever to do with me. Demonizing me seems to be a popular activity around here.

Popular, and FUN !

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
SonoraDick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2012, 12:13:43 AM »

Here's my story, which is probably worth about as much as this "report".

My wife & I attended the BB soundcheck before the Tucson show last Tuesday. After we were seated, Melinda & a woman who looked vaguely familiar (as well as quite attractive) sat down in the row directly in front of us. My wife asked me if I knew who the second woman was.

They also left together, before the soundcheck was completed, exiting to the opposite aisle from which they entered... in other words, walking directly in front of us, one row forward. I'll admit to briefly admiring the younger woman again but quickly forgot about her.

When my wife got home from work the next day, she asked me to "guess'' who Melinda's companion was. I still had no idea. She told me she was the current Mrs Mike Love. She had done some googling from work & was certain that's who it was. I thought that was funny, but didn't think anything more of it until now. I trust my wife's (or most females) photographic memory of another woman much more than mine, and at least as much as I do this story. Ok, more. Cheesy
MBE
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2012, 12:17:19 AM »

Some people's reservations about Melinda have been public knowledge since articles in Mojo, Uncut, and the like appeared on the groups then current tentions back in 1995-96. I think the new article is just silly, and, as the Beach Boys are working together again, I assume the camps have made some level of peace with each other. Many have not realized the positives Brian got from being in the group and underestimated the talent of the others. If Melinda thought like that at one point is it so shocking? I'm not praising her or putting her down, but just pointing out that some who love Brian have not grasped that he wasn't the only talented or decent person in the group. Maybe she now does, maybe not, but they are a group again and for this to happen her view has likely evolved since 1986 or 1993 etc.
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2012, 12:25:30 AM »

is this her, SonoraDick?

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2012, 12:34:07 AM »

is this her, SonoraDick?

You are telling me that her popular European abbreviated etc. name would be: So Love-Dick?  Shocked

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Jaspy
Smiley Smile Associate

That's not me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2012, 12:57:44 AM »

Not that I would know something, but just from the outside fan-perspective, I had and still have the impression that Melinda always acted in Brian's best interests. Sure, she encouraged him to start a touring career and do this and that, but under the line, I don't think she could force him to do anything he really didn't want to do. Melina is not Landy, nor Yoko. Violin

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2012, 01:17:53 AM »

Mike's wife can't be particularly young, they've been married for about 20 years.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
SonoraDick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2012, 11:51:57 AM »

is this her, SonoraDick?

Mike's wife can't be particularly young, they've been married for about 20 years.

Well, that's the photo from which my wife reached her conclusion. By the next day, I only remembered the beautiful, long hair. (To be honest, ANY amount of hair is impressive to me at this stage.)

Aegir, at my age, most women look young. I was surprised by the length of the marriage, but you're right... since 1994.

BTW, when my wife was searching for photos of the wives, she also pointed out that Al's wife sat nearby.

endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2012, 01:19:12 PM »

Am I correct in remembering that Jacqui Love has a college degree in chemistry?  She does look quite a bit younger than Mike, though she might be in her forties or early fifties.  Which would still make her a good 20 years or so younger than Mike.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2012, 03:18:24 PM »

is this her, SonoraDick?

Is he wearing a maternity outfit? Look at that mountain in the midsection-and Myke's a skinny guy. What a profile. LOL
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2012, 11:40:36 PM »

Guess you haven't noticed the last week with all new pics and on-stage performances. Mike Love is no longer a skinny guy, by any stretch of the imagination.
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2012, 11:53:02 PM »

went to google picures and put in mike love wife.

The woman he is dancing with is definitely her, though she looks far foxier in the other pictures. She looks a very foxy early forties. A lot of women that age are still young looking. Good for Mike!
MBE
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2012, 02:33:56 AM »

Guess you haven't noticed the last week with all new pics and on-stage performances. Mike Love is no longer a skinny guy, by any stretch of the imagination.
By the Endless Harmony interview he had a pot belly and still does. Still that's not anything really notable as Mike was past 55 when he put on a few.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx