gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680980 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 11, 2024, 06:47:27 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike posts about Robin Williams on facebook  (Read 25196 times)
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2014, 01:51:39 PM »

I really liked the fourth and final season of MORK & MINDY. The show wasn't a hit by that point, but the addition of Jonathan Winters as their son Mearth rescued the series from the the banality of seasons two and three.  The final year was a different realm.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2014, 01:53:09 PM »

I feel  sorry for the people left behind. His three children and wife.

I expect to be flamed for opinion but so be it. Suicide is the ultimate act of selfishness and cowardice. Suicide wrecks the lives of those left behind.

Wow, I always thought you were a good guy Stephen but I find your words to be utterly disgusting. f*** you.

Maybe I have had direct experience of this. Consider that, fuckwad.

Didn't SmileHolland just post right above you, saying not to make this personal or curse someone out(in response to the post you quoted)?

In any case, i do understand your feeling in this matter, though, ad i have sadly been on both sides.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2014, 01:54:02 PM »

Thank you Smile Brian...means a lot.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2014, 01:58:04 PM »

First test for the new board administrator Guitarfool.  Did he bring down the ban hammer?  No.  He turned his head.  Count your blessings, childish banterers!!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2014, 02:29:07 PM »

I feel  sorry for the people left behind. His three children and wife.

I expect to be flamed for opinion but so be it. Suicide is the ultimate act of selfishness and cowardice. Suicide wrecks the lives of those left behind.

Not going to flame you, rather voice my opinion that unless you've experienced some degree of clinical depression, or mental illness, you have no idea how debilitating, how utterly hopeless, it can be. There's a time and a plaice to say what you have, and it's not here and now.

The worst part of real depression is the feeling of "this will never end." You feel like the rest of your life is going to be spent in a deep, inescapable mental hole. There's no correct view on the issue - Robin left a lot of pain behind for his family and friends to bear, but if he was going through so much pain that he felt he had to end his life, clearly he was really suffering. In the end, I feel bad for everyone - Robin, his family, his friends and his fans.

Al Jardine: Pick Up Artist
Smiley Smile Associate

I am an asexual walrus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2014, 02:49:36 PM »

It's also really hard to tell just *how* depressed you are when you're depressed. It warps your thinking to the point where you can be at your lowest point ever and think things are "normal." Hell, I've been in that position before and refused to believe the doctor that it was "severe" depression.

This article is worth a read by anybody, too: http://www.theguardian.com/science/brain-flapping/2014/aug/12/robin-williams-suicide-and-depression-are-not-selfish

Which song: Inappropriate relationship with sister-in-law

Which song: Gonna straight up bang you with "the wood".

Which song: Weather conditions make me horny

Which song: Lack of proper shoes leads to potential blood poisoning and death.

Which song: Who needs church? Let's do it on the couch.

Dennis: "Holy sh*t, Al, you're finally showing signs of developing facial hair!!!"
halblaineisgood
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2014, 02:58:07 PM »

« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 11:23:47 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Mark H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2014, 03:01:06 PM »

Just another voice saying Depression isn't a choice and suicide takes life the same way any other disease does.

Hopefully as a society we get more understanding of mental illness.  Seeing some of the reaction online seems like we have a way to go however.

'He was rich and famous with a lovely family, how could he let cancer kill him and leave his family behind' would never come out of anyone's mouth.  Should be the same with depression.  
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2014, 03:03:43 PM »

First test for the new board administrator Guitarfool.  Did he bring down the ban hammer?  No.  He turned his head.  Count your blessings, childish banterers!!

You don't know what I did or didn't do, Mikie, and it didn't involve turning my head at all.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2014, 03:04:59 PM »

It's also really hard to tell just *how* depressed you are when you're depressed.
This doesn't make any sense to me. If you are in great discomfort but you can't tell you are in great discomfort then you're not in great discomfort.

Well, in this context I think that "discomfort" may be the wrong word. It is a mental impairment not a physical one. For example, when one is drunk one makes decisions that they might never consider making when they are sober.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2014, 03:08:30 PM »

« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 11:23:22 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Al Jardine: Pick Up Artist
Smiley Smile Associate

I am an asexual walrus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2014, 03:22:58 PM »

It's also really hard to tell just *how* depressed you are when you're depressed.
This doesn't make any sense to me. If you are in great discomfort but you can't tell you are in great discomfort then you're not in great discomfort.

I'm gonna be blunt and say that it doesn't make sense because you haven't been in that position. It warps your thinking so badly, it's not until you're in treatment and everything else where you look back and go "oh, sh*t."

Which song: Inappropriate relationship with sister-in-law

Which song: Gonna straight up bang you with "the wood".

Which song: Weather conditions make me horny

Which song: Lack of proper shoes leads to potential blood poisoning and death.

Which song: Who needs church? Let's do it on the couch.

Dennis: "Holy sh*t, Al, you're finally showing signs of developing facial hair!!!"
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2014, 03:56:35 PM »

First of all, don't assume I dont know what depression is. I know very well what depression is, thank you.

I have also experienced the destruction that suicide causes. Its the gift that keeps giving. Its like a bomb going off. It destroys generations. Families, friends. Its abhorrent.

Not in my family but a (once) close friend. Don't want to go into detail but aware ambiguity makes it look like my family and its private stuff. Im feeling awful even writing about it, but for some deluded reason feel the need to defend myself and am mortified a bunch of strangers are thinking bad things about me. Coming here is a bad habit I intend to break.

Whilst I welcome any debate on my earlier comment, I do not expect to be sworn at, then be accused of being childish by Mikie (pot /kettle)

I appreciate this topic brings up emotion. Paulos, its cool. Smiley

I'm bowing out, and off this board. Should never post angrily. Suicide makes me angry, sorry but it does.

Posting here should be enjoyable, not stressful. Not going off on a huff. I just have no reason to post here as I'm  not really much of a Beach Boys fan anymore. Habit rather than identity.

Seeya, and sorry if I offended anyone Smiley
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2014, 04:11:18 PM »

Whilst I welcome any debate on my earlier comment, I do not expect to be sworn at, then be accused of being childish by Mikie (pot /kettle)

Nah, don't go - I enjoy your posts, Stephen. It was just a sarcastic 'piggy-back' response to what Cincinnati kid said and I rescind my statement. It's not really a subject for debate nor is it funny as far I'm concerned. It's a real disease. Brian Wilson has it. Many, many others have it. And I'm sure you can relate to the subject matter. I think Brian can closely relate to Robin. Robin Williams self-medicated his depression for decades with coke and alcohol and it overtook him. He just got so tired of the endless cycle that he just finally threw in the towel.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2014, 04:11:42 PM »

That's a shame Stephen, really enjoyed your posts.

I honestly cringed when Paulos said "f*** you", that wasn't needed at all.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2014, 05:22:42 PM »

He deleted his account   Shocked

What a shame...he was really funny.

Tricycle Rider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2014, 05:39:41 PM »

Hey Guys,
Obviously death (especially suicide) brings on strong emotions (my little sister killed herself in 2009) and being human we are prone to doing and saying stupid things sometimes. I think the spirit of forgiveness is VERY important in this situation, and the last thing we need in this world is more pain. Please let's forgive each other for our transgressions, and rise to the occasion of creating more love instead of more pain, and PLEASE everyone forgive everyone else, for the pain we have inadvertently caused others. I love you, and I know you love me too, and THAT"S more important that anything else in the world. PLEASE nobody leave the board, and PLEASE nobody hold any permanent grudges. Let's just let time and love do it's thing, and the rest will take care of itself. If ever there was a group on the internet who could pull this off, it's this one. Please lets give it a shot.

Hug

Some of our forum members suffer from an acute form of cynicism resulting in a complete lack of patience and manners in the face of anything joyful or optimistic. Try to humor them as best you can for the time being, and one day, with your help, we will find a cure for this devastating disease. This has been a public service announcement.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2014, 05:40:28 PM »

« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 11:22:58 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
halblaineisgood
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2014, 05:43:08 PM »

« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 11:22:38 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2014, 05:44:04 PM »

angel

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2014, 06:41:05 PM »

Hey Guys,
Obviously death (especially suicide) brings on strong emotions (my little sister killed herself in 2009) and being human we are prone to doing and saying stupid things sometimes. I think the spirit of forgiveness is VERY important in this situation, and the last thing we need in this world is more pain. Please let's forgive each other for our transgressions, and rise to the occasion of creating more love instead of more pain, and PLEASE everyone forgive everyone else, for the pain we have inadvertently caused others. I love you, and I know you love me too, and THAT"S more important that anything else in the world. PLEASE nobody leave the board, and PLEASE nobody hold any permanent grudges. Let's just let time and love do it's thing, and the rest will take care of itself. If ever there was a group on the internet who could pull this off, it's this one. Please lets give it a shot.

Hug

Well said!

Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2014, 09:40:41 PM »

Why is it that the funniest people are often the saddest?
Ever hear about the "sad clown?"
halblaineisgood
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2014, 09:52:03 PM »

« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 11:21:34 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2014, 09:59:51 PM »

Depression has negative effects on those who love the depressed one. If your mind is twisted by depression you think your loved ones would be better off without you. I wouldn't wish anybody anything bad to happen, but I hope that those who unepathically condemn suicide as a selfish act will make their own experiences with suffering from depression. It may change the way they judge people.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2014, 10:19:11 PM »

With all respect, Micha, but I think you shouldn't be "that kind guy" defending the less fortunate & so on. This is a message board, everyone has a right to voice their opinion, however controversial it may sound. It is interesting to hear from different angles. So what if we disagree? Can we not agree to disagree & call it a day w/o throwing insults? Your last sentence doesn't make sense, because Stephen said that he did experience depression.
My take on issue is having will is the key.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx