gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680884 Posts in 27618 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 02, 2024, 02:14:53 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Three questions for Stebbins primiarly...(but any help appreciated)  (Read 2173 times)
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2008, 10:47:09 PM »

First of all, I want to thank Jon for all of his work and the determination to get this great new POB/Bambu set in stores. I never thought I'd see the day.

Two questions are popping into my mind as I listen, I apologize if these are common questions or have been asked to you a lot during this product's release:
1. What was Kalinch's contribution to "Love Remember Me"? It seems like he was from another 'era' (for lack of a better word) of Dennis' songwriting. Also, this is far and away my favorite Bambu track, so much emotion.
2. Has Christine McVie talked about Dennis recently, or ever to you personally? I know she's in England and retired, but she seems like such an open and friendly person (sorry, I've never met her but did see her in concert), that I don't know if she would deny an interview.
3. Do you like Bruce's production on "Love Surrounds Me" on the LA Light Album? Personally, I think it's piss-poor, the new version is much superior. Bruce's production gives it no real ambience, sucks the life right out of the tune, everything's so dry, and I don't like the particular high voice that's not McVie.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 10:51:39 PM by TdHabib » Logged

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 12:24:18 AM »

Have to say that I can't tell the BB version apart from the DW one -- well, I mean, except for the backing harmonies. And the DW version sorely needs something extra like that.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 12:30:04 AM »

Have to say that I can't tell the BB version apart from the DW one -- well, I mean, except for the backing harmonies. And the DW version sorely needs something extra like that.

Same here - I've A/B'd the two versions, and they're identical to these ears, Bruce's added frills aside.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 02:01:30 PM »

First of all, I want to thank Jon for all of his work and the determination to get this great new POB/Bambu set in stores. I never thought I'd see the day.

Two questions are popping into my mind as I listen, I apologize if these are common questions or have been asked to you a lot during this product's release:
1. What was Kalinch's contribution to "Love Remember Me"? It seems like he was from another 'era' (for lack of a better word) of Dennis' songwriting. Also, this is far and away my favorite Bambu track, so much emotion.
2. Has Christine McVie talked about Dennis recently, or ever to you personally? I know she's in England and retired, but she seems like such an open and friendly person (sorry, I've never met her but did see her in concert), that I don't know if she would deny an interview.
3. Do you like Bruce's production on "Love Surrounds Me" on the LA Light Album? Personally, I think it's piss-poor, the new version is much superior. Bruce's production gives it no real ambience, sucks the life right out of the tune, everything's so dry, and I don't like the particular high voice that's not McVie.
1) Stevie wrote some of those lyrics...their collaboration continued on and off through the POB period.
2)Christine rarely mentioned Dennis through the years, citing it as too painful, although lately she's said a few things about him...maybe its time for her perspective.
3)I like Hanlon's mix of Love Surrounds Me better than the L.A. Light mix..and its nice to hear a bit more of Christine in this version.
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 03:10:02 PM »

1) Stevie wrote some of those lyrics...their collaboration continued on and off through the POB period.
2)Christine rarely mentioned Dennis through the years, citing it as too painful, although lately she's said a few things about him...maybe its time for her perspective.
3)I like Hanlon's mix of Love Surrounds Me better than the L.A. Light mix..and its nice to hear a bit more of Christine in this version.
Thanks for giving us your thoughts Jon.

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx