gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680935 Posts in 27621 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 09, 2024, 05:29:16 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elton John meeting Brian Wilson  (Read 1678 times)
Yorick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2006, 01:36:59 AM »

While waiting on my train at the station, I read a big part of the new Mojo magazine, that has an Elton John special this month.

There were a few interesting BW related things he said, like on his first trip to L.A. in 1970/1971 he went to Brian Wilson's house to visit him with Bernie Taupin and Brian came down really confused and sang at a much too fast pace "I-hope-you-don't-mind, I-hope-you-don't-mind"  from Elton's song Your Song. He said it was really weird situation to see his hero like that and that they knew he was having problems. What also strikes me is that during this very same first trip he was supplied cocaine for the first time by Danny Hutton, when he was haviong dinner with Van Dyke Parks and him. How many people has Danny Hutton helped with starting hard drugs habits? Wasn't he the one who first gave Brian coke at the Whiskey a Go-Go?? Just thought I'd share this info! Bye! Yorick
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx