gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680903 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 06, 2024, 08:53:02 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike's band  (Read 106112 times)
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2015, 10:13:29 AM »

IMO the only thing worse than OSD are the Brian apologists.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2015, 10:13:50 AM »

Oh, I didn't leave anything out. That's basically how it went down.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2015, 10:14:43 AM »

As I'm fairly ignorant on the subject, could you possibly define what a Brian apologist is?

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2015, 10:17:04 AM »

As I'm fairly ignorant on the subject, could you possibly define what a Brian apologist is?
There is nothing to sorry about being a fan of Brian Wilson.

Mike fans have to bully to justify their fandom of the asshat from kokomo.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2015, 10:20:01 AM »

Are you all calling to ban someone because he insulted a band member? Or did he do something more?

He's been banned before for disrupting EVERY thread he posts in. That's all he does. Every time. It's one thing to be critical of band members (see CenturyDeprived) but quite another to literally post the same "myKe luHv" gobbledegook over and over again for eternity. Where CD at least encourages discussion with his points, OSD just derails threads and adds nothing of value. It's called being a troll and trolls were never tolerated on here until recently.

He was banned once for making a personal attack on a member. He was banned another time for making a personal attack on a band member. He wasn't ever banned for the "Myke Luhv" related talk. So actually, he was never banned for disrupting every thread he posted in. Get your facts straight.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2015, 10:21:10 AM »

SB, to name an example. 
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2015, 10:22:00 AM »

Are you all calling to ban someone because he insulted a band member? Or did he do something more?

He's been banned before for disrupting EVERY thread he posts in. That's all he does. Every time. It's one thing to be critical of band members (see CenturyDeprived) but quite another to literally post the same "myKe luHv" gobbledegook over and over again for eternity. Where CD at least encourages discussion with his points, OSD just derails threads and adds nothing of value. It's called being a troll and trolls were never tolerated on here until recently.

He was banned once for making a personal attack on a member. He was banned another time for making a personal attack on a band member. He wasn't ever banned for the "Myke Luhv" related talk. So actually, he was never banned for disrupting every thread he posted in. Get your facts straight.
They won't because that is not the point of the personal attacks on OSD.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2015, 10:23:21 AM »

It begins...

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2015, 10:23:44 AM »

There is nothing to sorry about being a fan of Brian Wilson.

Mike fans have to bully to justify their fandom of the asshat from kokomo.

I said nothing about being a fan of Brian.  Roll Eyes  I'm a big fan of Brian, he's my favorite singer/songwriter, but I don't try to spin everything he does in a positive light or do the opposite for Mike.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2015, 10:28:20 AM »

It begins...
Spell it out man instead of the cryptic wannabe Riddler posts! Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 10:31:45 AM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 23, 2015, 10:33:33 AM »

Seem to recall there was a very vocal campaign to reinstate OSD. Hope you're all pleased with yourselves.

This thing?
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,14706.0.html

I counted two people asking for him back. Ironically, one of them disappeared after seemingly getting sick of all the mYke bashing (be careful what you wish for).  
No surprises for guessing who the other one was!

Grin
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 02:07:38 PM by The LEGENDARY OSD » Logged

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: November 23, 2015, 10:54:48 AM »

Just to be clear...I don't consider my initial post on 'this' to be a personal attack on OSD...although that LSD guy can go piss up a rope.  Mine was a request to rethink the ongoing approach and add something more meaningful and less repetitive to the converstation.  It was also a request for moderators to shut this kind of mindless twaddle OFF...going forward.   NO ban requested.  Clear?

It's Bor-friggin'-ing and...AGAIN...It's a site KILLER.  As for the Brian apologists remark...via cinci...Really?  That's just the same crap with extra words.  Read a book/catch a movie.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 10:57:28 AM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 23, 2015, 11:03:41 AM »

Just to be clear...I don't consider my initial post on 'this' to be a personal attack on OSD...although that LSD guy can go piss up a rope.  Mine was a request to rethink the ongoing approach and add something more meaningful and less repetitive to the converstation.  It was also a request for moderators to shut this kind of mindless twaddle OFF...going forward.   NO ban requested.  Clear?

It's Bor-friggin'-ing and...AGAIN...It's a site KILLER.  As for the Brian apologists remark...via cinci...Really?  That's just the same crap with extra words.  Read a book/catch a movie.

What is the same crap?
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 23, 2015, 11:07:53 AM »

Just a newbie's opinion -
It seems that people here do sometimes throw out flames just to start a fire.
If a real discussion is developing to explore a topic - ie why did C50 end the way it did (though  unless something new comes out that seems to have been sufficiently covered), then sometimes toes will be stepped on and disagreements might ensue, which is inevitable. But this thread was kindling just waiting for a spark and was certainly never going to develop into an interesting discussion.
It seems like some people like to throw a spark and others pull out the bellows as soon as it's lit to blow it up to a bonfire.
Maybe everyone needs to step away and just let this thread die.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: November 23, 2015, 11:11:39 AM »

Brian vs Mike/Mike vs Brian.  Sonny vs Cassius/Cassius vs Sonny.  Except it's those who don't prefer Brian against those who don't prefer Mike.  It's endless.  It's mindless and it's meaningless if we're just going to call each other names...if we're just going to insinuate that the ONLY agenda here is to further one over the other just for the heck of it.

Brianistas?  Brian apologists?  Brian's handlers?  Then there's the constant dumping of manure on Mike, the kidnapping of any and ALL posts which discuus him...or Bruce...and now Jeff too?

We're ALL here because of the Beach Boys.  NO KUMBAYA required but this is just weak sh*t.  I was under the impression that most of us are fucking grown-ups...not a bunch of snotty nosed, schoolyard wanna-be-bullies.

Apologists?  OK.  I apologise for you and your negativity toward your fellow members at this message board and web-site.

Oh...there goes the bell.  Let's line up for class.
----------------------------------------------

Can't pull away Emily.  This has gone on and on and on for over 1/2 a year [this time around...I gather]  It HAS to stop or the site will suffer what MIGHT turn out to be irreparable damage.  THAT would not be a good thing.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 11:14:52 AM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2015, 11:31:57 AM »

Brian vs Mike/Mike vs Brian.  Sonny vs Cassius/Cassius vs Sonny.  Except it's those who don't prefer Brian against those who don't prefer Mike.  It's endless.  It's mindless and it's meaningless if we're just going to call each other names...if we're just going to insinuate that the ONLY agenda here is to further one over the other just for the heck of it.

Brianistas?  Brian apologists?  Brian's handlers?  Then there's the constant dumping of manure on Mike, the kidnapping of any and ALL posts which discuus him...or Bruce...and now Jeff too?

We're ALL here because of the Beach Boys.  NO KUMBAYA required but this is just weak sh*t.  I was under the impression that most of us are fucking grown-ups...not a bunch of snotty nosed, schoolyard wanna-be-bullies.

Apologists?  OK.  I apologise for you and your negativity toward your fellow members at this message board and web-site.

Can't pull away Emily.  This has gone on and on and on for over 1/2 a year [this time around...I gather]  It HAS to stop or the site will suffer what MIGHT turn out to be irreparable damage.  THAT would not be a good thing.

"Irrepairable damage"? Such as? Ever open the OP-Ed pager of a newspaper or go on line and read explosive OPINIONS of this, that or the other thing. Expressing OPINIONS about a deservedly maligned bandmember is nowhere close to that.  And remember, Lee, I didn't start this thread, nor did I insult any poster except TRBB who like myKe luHv, has it more than coming.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2015, 11:42:48 AM »

I'm just going to let this one go as it appears you're going on one of your rants again.  You're saying I'm posting crap... yet you're agreeing with me.  As far as irreparable damage, that has already happened.  There are a lot of great people that stay away from this forum because of how dysfunctional it is.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2015, 11:47:45 AM »

Yes I do and did OSD.  But it ain't the same people writing the same tired old 'letter' every freaking day.  In fact MANY of the letters make some kind a valid point.  That's the POINT.  There has to be a point.  And hopefully a new one the next time around.  I know you're not a dummy.  I know you have positive things to add regarding what it is you LIKE about the group.  Why not send one of THOSE letters to the editor for evey misspelling of Mike's name you 'mail in'.

It's reached the point where there's less and less reason to bother reading here anymore.  This site is becoming a shadow of its former self.  The serious folks are disappearing and the clowns are beginning to put on their make-up in every blinkin' room.
--------------------------------

Cinci...the place needs same ranting and raving or it's gonna sink...like a stone...glug.  We gotta get back on track...'cause this just sucks.  And that's ALL I've got to say.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 11:50:11 AM by Add Some » Logged

Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2015, 12:30:18 PM »

"Irrepairable damage"? Such as? Ever open the OP-Ed pager of a newspaper or go on line and read explosive OPINIONS of this, that or the other thing. Expressing OPINIONS about a deservedly maligned bandmember is nowhere close to that.  And remember, Lee, I didn't start this thread, nor did I insult any poster except TRBB who like myKe luHv, has it more than coming.

You are not expressing an opinion, you're expressing an obsession. You never ever add something worthwhile to any discussion. All you ever do is put down Mike and people who dare to say something in his favor. You are nothing but a troll, a very childish one at that, bringing down the quality and respectability of this board. You should be banned. Why the mods don't do that is beyond me. I have an idea, but stating openly it may get ME banned.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2015, 12:44:31 PM »

Is it not bizarre that you refrain from voicing your opinion for fear of ban, yet others can spew their infantile bile ad nauseum with (apparently) complete impunity ? That's got to be wrong.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2015, 12:50:54 PM »

Don't like being called out on your sh*t, do you? You're pathetic. See, it's one thing to have an opinion. You do nothing but disrupt the board with your childish psychobabble.

You couldn't insult a two-celled amoeba with your third-rate playground banter. Your verbal excrement on here is a mere annoyance and one that should have sent you packing a long time ago.

I'm not innocent of this idiocy myself, of course...and yet I know the difference between a legitimate discussion and a load of bollocks. You are a troll and the reason you're still allowed on here is beyond my comprehension.

Micha, you should express your opinion. If you get banned for it, that'll tell everyone here all they need to know about the current management.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2015, 12:56:52 PM »

Is it not bizarre that you refrain from voicing your opinion for fear of ban, yet others can spew their infantile bile ad nauseum with (apparently) complete impunity ? That's got to be wrong.

Agreed, he has to be careful.  I've been banned for what comes down to disagreeing with a mod.  Crazy stuff that only happens on this forum.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 23, 2015, 01:04:03 PM »

Don't like being called out on your sh*t, do you? You're pathetic. See, it's one thing to have an opinion. You do nothing but disrupt the board with your childish psychobabble.

You couldn't insult a two-celled amoeba with your third-rate playground banter. Your verbal excrement on here is a mere annoyance and one that should have sent you packing a long time ago.

I'm not innocent of this idiocy myself, of course...and yet I know the difference between a legitimate discussion and a load of bollocks. You are a troll and the reason you're still allowed on here is beyond my comprehension.

Micha, you should express your opinion. If you get banned for it, that'll tell everyone here all they need to know about the current management.

Ok, now I'm really getting worried. Looks like I'll be getting 4 less X-mas cards this year.  Cry

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 23, 2015, 01:05:58 PM »

There are a lot of great people that stay away from this forum because of how dysfunctional it is.

A shameful state of affairs. Happily there are still a lot of great people who continue to post here come hell or high water. May their wisdom and tenacity help keep the trolls and snarks at bay and encourage the absentees back to the fold...       

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2015, 01:08:10 PM »

Agreed, he has to be careful.  I've been banned for what comes down to disagreeing with a mod.  Crazy stuff that only happens on this forum.

You shouldn't have to be worried over questioning or disagreeing with a moderator. And banning people for disagreeing with a moderator is beyond the pale.

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx