gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681017 Posts in 27627 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 15, 2024, 06:32:59 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
wavesoflove and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.       « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The most stunning Beach Boys AI I've heard yet  (Read 23483 times)
bonnevillemariner
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 30, 2024, 07:10:49 PM »

From Dae Lims, a superb Good Vibrations AI stereo remix.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW83O-xC8bQ

Aside from the stereo, can somebody bullet point the tweaks in this? I can't tell the difference between this and the 26 other releases of this track.
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 30, 2024, 11:48:51 PM »

« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 12:07:39 AM by seltaeb1012002 » Logged
Dae Lims
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 01, 2024, 12:08:40 AM »

Aside from the stereo, can somebody bullet point the tweaks in this? I can't tell the difference between this and the 26 other releases of this track.

Quality of all of the lead vocals are upgraded. Full stereo separation of the background vocals (not without artifacts at times, unfortunately).

And, well, just my take on the overall mix. I got almost all of the instruments separated and remixed it from scratch.

Tasteful remix. Well done daelims.

Thanks so much!
El Molé
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 01, 2024, 09:37:10 AM »

A great mix and another good example of using AI well. Personally, I think this mix is a dramatic improvement on the official stereo mixes released so far. Past stereo attempts of GV have remained quite muddy and have limited separation (all for very obvious reasons), but this is both clearer and has better width and separation throughout - great work Dae Lims!
bonnevillemariner
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 01, 2024, 03:20:43 PM »

A great mix and another good example of using AI well. Personally, I think this mix is a dramatic improvement on the official stereo mixes released so far. Past stereo attempts of GV have remained quite muddy and have limited separation (all for very obvious reasons), but this is both clearer and has better width and separation throughout - great work Dae Lims!

Yeah, it might be just because I'm limited to YouTube output, but I can't really tell a difference.
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 02, 2024, 03:41:33 AM »

As with his remix of "The Little Girl I Once Knew," Dae Lims is a little airier here than what one's ears have become accustomed to from years of listening to the mono versions, but there is a great deal to recommend this--the clarity of the lead vocals is truly astounding, and the echo chamber effect on Mike's "Gotta keep those lovin' good vibrations..." is simply out of this world.

I think the "good good good good vibrations" line might still be better panned across the spectrum (its first entry sounds a bit less powerful than what we've heard all these years--it seems punchier in its subsequent iterations)--but that's just a quibble. Overall, it's definitely the best modern mix, and it's great to see the ongoing enthusiasm in the YouTube comments.

More, please!
Zenobi
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 03, 2024, 01:43:12 AM »

Dae Lims GV is fantastic, and IMHO it should be integrated into the Dae Lims SMiLE.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: May 03, 2024, 06:34:49 PM »

This "Good Vibrations" stereo remix has AI vocals on it; I don't want to presume who noticed this or who didn't.

I was under the initial impression based on the title of the video that perhaps it was only using AI as a splitter/separation tool. But something immediately sounded off on the vocals. Subtle, but off. And, in fairness, it does state in the description of the video that it has AI vocal enhancements.

It wouldn't really make sense then to try to compare this to officially-released stereo remixes.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx