gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680897 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 05, 2024, 03:00:04 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Google Play - New 40 Minute Interview ;-)  (Read 14980 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2012, 12:01:53 PM »

Yeah, it's very strange.  You want to just lump him in with other people that you would consider disinterested, or 'out of it'... but he appears to be 1. Hearing and understanding everything that's going on, and at the same time 2. Doing something completely differnent in his mind.

I noticed that. Every time the interviewer directed a question at Brian, I thought Brian would ask him to repeat it, since it didn't seem like he was paying attention. But no, Brian was able to answer everything, albeit in his own unique way.
There was one part in the beginning where Dave was answering a question and Brian was STARING him down from about a foot away. Really creepy! But yeah, I don't think Brian wanted to be there, but he kind of played along.

I noticed this as well.  Boy, if I were Dave I would have been extremely uncomfortable having the great, imposing Brian Wilson staring at me like that.
I think Brian didn't even mean anything by 'staring' at Dave.. he was just looking at him, for whatever reason being interested in what Dave was saying at that particular moment.

I laughed my ass off when I saw Brian staring like that at David. Fantastic picture !  Grin

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2012, 12:07:05 PM »

I'm sure no one else thought this, but when the woman in the audience asked the Beach Boys what they listened to and they couldn't answer because there wasn't enough time, and then Bruce said his thing about "air and food" I thought he was referring to the French electronic band Air as a band he listens to!

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2012, 12:08:45 PM »

I wonder why Mike said "let's move along" when Bruce was talking about "Mrs. O'Leary's Cow"...@15.15

I thought he said, "Let's moo along...", but I could be wrong.

It seems Mike did say "Moo" - when it first came out, Brian's version, one of my kids, in high school at the time, amused by that track, and sang along with it, while en route to school.  

It is very cool that Bruce mentioned it, as a Grammy winner; I was sort of waiting for its' mention, while this tour is evolving.  Glad he did. I wonder if it is possible to slide it into the setlist, since it is a recent award winner; Brian's band members do have it solidly down.  Mrs. O'Leary's Cow is sort of mythical.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2012, 12:16:34 PM »

Yeah, it's very strange.  You want to just lump him in with other people that you would consider disinterested, or 'out of it'... but he appears to be 1. Hearing and understanding everything that's going on, and at the same time 2. Doing something completely differnent in his mind.

I noticed that. Every time the interviewer directed a question at Brian, I thought Brian would ask him to repeat it, since it didn't seem like he was paying attention. But no, Brian was able to answer everything, albeit in his own unique way.
There was one part in the beginning where Dave was answering a question and Brian was STARING him down from about a foot away. Really creepy! But yeah, I don't think Brian wanted to be there, but he kind of played along.

I noticed this as well.  Boy, if I were Dave I would have been extremely uncomfortable having the great, imposing Brian Wilson staring at me like that.
I think Brian didn't even mean anything by 'staring' at Dave.. he was just looking at him, for whatever reason being interested in what Dave was saying at that particular moment.

I laughed my ass off when I saw Brian staring like that at David. Fantastic picture !  Grin

As a matter of fact.....

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2012, 12:20:53 PM »

Yeah, it's very strange.  You want to just lump him in with other people that you would consider disinterested, or 'out of it'... but he appears to be 1. Hearing and understanding everything that's going on, and at the same time 2. Doing something completely differnent in his mind.

I noticed this as well.  Boy, if I were Dave I would have been extremely uncomfortable having the great, imposing Brian Wilson staring at me like that.

I laughed my ass off when I saw Brian staring like that at David. Fantastic picture !  Grin

As a matter of fact.....

It doesn't look that odd unless you know that he was like that for a good...30-45 seconds? And David just kept talking! One thought I had was that David is on Brian's right side, so maybe he couldn't hear him that well.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 12:22:31 PM by Amy B. » Logged
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2012, 12:40:58 PM »

I agree he's just staring at him giving him respect and hearing him.  It's just kind of awkward, which Brian has never been good at.

In my business from time to time we go to this auction, there's this great auctioneer there, but he's a little awkward.  He'll say things like "Thank you Big Daddy....." when you bid... or after you win, he'll pat you on the chest.  Just strange stuff, but he doesn't mean anything by it , lol.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2012, 12:45:23 PM »

He'll say things like "Thank you Big Daddy....." when you bid... or after you win, he'll pat you on the chest. 

That's amazing.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2012, 12:49:55 PM »

I agree he's just staring at him giving him respect and hearing him.  It's just kind of awkward, which Brian has never been good at.

Yeah, but when others are talking, he closes his eyes or looks in the other direction. So it was just strange.

In my business from time to time we go to this auction, there's this great auctioneer there, but he's a little awkward.  ... or after you win, he'll pat you on the chest. 

If he did that to me, I'd sock him in the eye!
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2012, 01:52:10 PM »

Brian used to look at Dennis like that. An intense kind of WTF is he gonna say next? I'm thinking Dave kind of represents that "little brother" element to Brian these days. Dave's seen that look a zillion times before, he's not phased by it in the least.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2012, 03:25:40 PM »

I agree he's just staring at him giving him respect and hearing him.  It's just kind of awkward, which Brian has never been good at.

Yeah, but when others are talking, he closes his eyes or looks in the other direction. So it was just strange.

In my business from time to time we go to this auction, there's this great auctioneer there, but he's a little awkward.  ... or after you win, he'll pat you on the chest.

If he did that to me, I'd sock him in the eye!

Well... yeah... lol.  I wouldn't blame you.  But when he does it to a guy, it's kind of funny.  He's a nice old man.  

Edit: Just realized, he's actually on t.v.  If you watch that show "Auction Hunters" or whatever it's called, the Auction house in Atlanta that has a t.v. show, he's the guy that says "You bougggghhttt ittttt" in the commercial for the show.  The guy's a hoot. 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 03:26:55 PM by Ron » Logged
GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2012, 04:38:38 PM »

Take it from someone who has interviewed Brian -- if he doesn't want to play, you aren't getting anything.

I thought I had it figured out. I had 15 minutes. He shut me down in six, and that was with all the follow-ups I could think of. The man is fearsome.

I know exactly what you mean. I had 10 minutes with him and we were finished in 5. It wasn't a bad interview at all actually, but from what I gather Brian was doing a "radio tour" that day and just wanted to bang those suckers out. I don't blame him really.
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2012, 06:47:46 PM »

I'm happy they spoke about smiley smile Smiley sometimes i wish i was the interviewer i would've asked them all types of deep questions about smiley smile,wild honey,etc. Smiley
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2012, 09:34:55 PM »

Poor Bruce doesn't know how to say "nuclear".

Instead of pronouncing it "noo-clee-er" he pronounces it "noo-cue-ler", which puts him in the company of great thinkers like George W. Bush and Sarah Palin (ha!).
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2012, 10:06:12 PM »

Poor Bruce doesn't know how to say "nuclear".

Instead of pronouncing it "noo-clee-er" he pronounces it "noo-cue-ler", which puts him in the company of great thinkers like George W. Bush and Sarah Palin (ha!).

... and Barack Obama, who thinks there's 57 states.  Two more to go. 
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx