gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680883 Posts in 27618 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 02, 2024, 02:54:03 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 283 284 285 [286] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thread for various insignificant questions that don't deserve their own thread!  (Read 1412119 times)
bonnevillemariner
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7125 on: April 04, 2024, 01:39:14 PM »

RE: Brian's appearance on Emile Haynie's "Falling Apart" track...

I recall reading on this board about some isolated Brian vocals that appeared as kind of an easter egg (like after 20 seconds of dead silence at the end of another track). I remember confirming this on Spotify and bookmarked the track. However, the track disappeared from my playlist sometime over the years. A search here for key terms like title, artist, etc. net zero results. It's almost as if it never existed.

So either it existed and has been pulled, or I dreamed this.

The album track itself is good, but Brian's buried so deep that I'd have never noticed he was there if his name didn't appear. I distinctly remember listening to the isolated easter egg vocals over and over again.

Does this ring a bell to anybody? Where can I find what I have lost?
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7126 on: April 07, 2024, 05:19:02 PM »

« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 04:43:47 PM by Bedroom Tapes » Logged
Rebel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7127 on: April 20, 2024, 03:08:09 AM »

Do we know what happened with those durrie parks acetates that were on eBay? Did anything ever get released? Any chance we hear anything on there? I’d be willing to throw money down (as I’m sure many are) to get it uploaded
Dan Lega
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7128 on: April 21, 2024, 04:15:30 AM »

Do we know what happened with those durrie parks acetates that were on eBay? Did anything ever get released? Any chance we hear anything on there? I’d be willing to throw money down (as I’m sure many are) to get it uploaded

WHAT?!?!  Durrie Parks "SMiLE" acetates were sold on Ebay?!?!?!

When did this happen???

How many were there???

Do we know the titles of the songs on the acetates???

Is there a thread on this I can go back and read?

I heard mention somewhere that the "Child is Father of the Man" at the end of one of the digital releases ("Friends?") was taken from a Durrie Parks acetate.(?)   I mean, we had heard that mix on bootlegs -- but it did not appear on the big SMiLE Sessions box set, even though Brian used that as his template for the song when he finished SMiLE in 2004.  So where did the bootleg version come from?  Sorry, so many questions!

Love and merci,
Dan Lega
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 283 284 285 [286] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx