gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680979 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 11, 2024, 04:53:21 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How have 2fer albums sold?  (Read 1571 times)
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2013, 12:24:57 PM »

If there is a website that someone could point me to that would show the sales of the 2fers released in 2000. I am just curious if Sunflower/Surfs Up for example has done better in the states over time than maybe they did originally. Smileysmile/Wild Honey, Friends/20/20 as well. Seeing that M&B have started to play more songs from these in recent years. I mean is it possible that this generation of fans may have a different perspective on those albums? It seems that Sunflower/Surfsup especially have been well stocked longer than most of the others. Outside of Today/Summer Days and Pet Sounds.

Also, I recall reading that its hard to pin point how well Pet Sounds has actually done. That it has probably sold a lot more than we have record of. So how could I find the official number of albums sold for each album? Does someone have an estimate of how much each album has actually sold?

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Nicko1234
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 04:39:50 PM »

If there is a website that someone could point me to that would show the sales of the 2fers released in 2000. I am just curious if Sunflower/Surfs Up for example has done better in the states over time than maybe they did originally. Smileysmile/Wild Honey, Friends/20/20 as well. Seeing that M&B have started to play more songs from these in recent years. I mean is it possible that this generation of fans may have a different perspective on those albums? It seems that Sunflower/Surfsup especially have been well stocked longer than most of the others. Outside of Today/Summer Days and Pet Sounds.

Also, I recall reading that its hard to pin point how well Pet Sounds has actually done. That it has probably sold a lot more than we have record of. So how could I find the official number of albums sold for each album? Does someone have an estimate of how much each album has actually sold?

I can`t help you with a website but I don`t think Mike and Bruce have played more songs from these albums really. They have played songs that have been included on Sounds of Summer (Wild Honey), The Warmth of the Sun (Feel Flows, Sail on Sailor, Good Timin, It`s OK etc.) and Full House (Forever).
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 04:24:27 AM »

If there is a website that someone could point me to that would show the sales of the 2fers released in 2000. I am just curious if Sunflower/Surfs Up for example has done better in the states over time than maybe they did originally. Smileysmile/Wild Honey, Friends/20/20 as well.

I don't know about the 2fer CDs, but in 1974 there was a Wild Honey/20/20 2LP that did better (#50) than the original 20/20 LP (#68), and a Friends/Smiley Smile 2LP that did better (#125) than the original Friends (#126).
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 06:56:35 AM »

Thanks for that. I read on Wikapedia that the Four Seasons are the only American group that sold more than the Beach Boys world wide. Is the Four Season number more accurate or do they have some of the issues that Beach Boys have at the exact numbers?

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 11:56:47 AM »

What about Smile Sessions? i wonder how much it sold from 2011 'till today, it was quite a commercial success when it came out.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx