gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680897 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 05, 2024, 01:21:27 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Should this discussion be moved to the Sandbox?
Naahh, Beach Boys, SMiLE and drugs is as on-topic as can be - 99 (67.8%)
It's about time, I've requested this at least 20 pages back - 27 (18.5%)
Who cares, it isn't going to be released anyway - 11 (7.5%)
I don't like drugs and I don't like SMiLE, we might as well delete this discussion - 2 (1.4%)
The SMiLE music and drug use cloud this discussion - 7 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 138

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 380 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SMiLE Sessions box set!  (Read 1740216 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #400 on: March 28, 2011, 09:59:42 AM »

Off topic for another minute to Mr. Doe - I'm really curious, at what PA antiques market did you find that book?  Smiley

Booths Corner on Naamans Creek Road, just north of the Delaware border.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 11:01:01 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 28, 2011, 10:05:06 AM »

From a press release on Brian receiving the Chairman's Award at NARM:

"The SMiLE Sessions’ global release date, complete track lists, and artwork will be unveiled soon."
http://www.brianwilson.com/news/press_03-28-11.html

Yay! Grin

Obvi we knew this was going to happen. Just nice to see it in writing.
SOON, in BBs terms, can mean anything from this week to NEXT year

haha indeed. I suppose I'm optimistic due to all the positive talk from both camps, Capitol, and the assemblers themselves.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Winston Wrong
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 28, 2011, 10:58:06 AM »

Or several years, as is the case with BeachBoysCentral...  wouldn't the 50th Anniversary be a wonderful time for that wonderful idea to finally launch? 
Yes and they can include all the SMiLE session material that does not make it to the box/digital download!!!
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 28, 2011, 04:20:24 PM »

This will be a big seller for the band. I might not be able to sleep the night before release...Quick question...If one pre-orders from amazon, does the package arrive the day of the release, or is the package sent the day of the release?
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 28, 2011, 04:25:30 PM »

This will be a big seller for the band. I might not be able to sleep the night before release...Quick question...If one pre-orders from amazon, does the package arrive the day of the release, or is the package sent the day of the release?

my plan is just preorder the boxset.  Probably can't get that at a store anyway.  Then on day of release, also go to like barnes and noble/best buy and get the 2 disc. 
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: March 28, 2011, 04:27:54 PM »

I get mad when I don't see the Pet Sounds boxset in stores...it is such a nice set, surprised stores don't keep at least one in stock on a regular basis. The colors alone are enough to catch the eye of a customer, then the music draws them in...
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 28, 2011, 05:17:39 PM »

I do believe that Amazon ships most pre-orders so that they arrive on your doorstep the day of release. I'll be pre-ordering mine from Amazon as well.

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 28, 2011, 05:33:28 PM »

Amazon orders typically do arrive on the release date (i.e., they mail it a day or so in advance so that you receive it on release day). 

However, one thing to keep in mind is that if no one is home to receive large packages that can't fit in your mailbox, USPS and UPS will keep your package for attempted redelivery or hold at the post office until the next day, etc.   With two lps, two 45s, 4 CDs and a book, the Smile box will be relatively large package.  So if you're ordering the box by mail and want to have it in your hand on release day, you better be darned sure someone is home to receive it (or have it delivered to you at work).  I've learned this the hard way.  Waiting months for some cool item and then waiting a couple more days because it ends up in USPS/UPS limbo can be frustrating.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 28, 2011, 06:08:32 PM »

To avoid that frustration I always have things delivered to my office.  Grin
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 28, 2011, 06:09:31 PM »

Amazon orders typically do arrive on the release date (i.e., they mail it a day or so in advance so that you receive it on release day). 

However, one thing to keep in mind is that if no one is home to receive large packages that can't fit in your mailbox, USPS and UPS will keep your package for attempted redelivery or hold at the post office until the next day, etc.   With two lps, two 45s, 4 CDs and a book, the Smile box will be relatively large package.  So if you're ordering the box by mail and want to have it in your hand on release day, you better be darned sure someone is home to receive it (or have it delivered to you at work).  I've learned this the hard way.  Waiting months for some cool item and then waiting a couple more days because it ends up in USPS/UPS limbo can be frustrating.

I suppose it depends on where you live. Where I live (Mid-Atlantic Suburban America) they just leave the package (no matter how big) on your front porch. I know that Ebay makes it so that if you pay more than $200 (or $250) someone needs to be there to sign for the package - Amazon may do the same. However I'm really hoping this set doesn't cost more than $200!

Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 29, 2011, 01:43:44 AM »

Room for this SMiLE promo? Brian, Hal and Mikes name mentioned but who else is here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgyHzSe6F5g

What was that - it's been removed already?

Yes, details, please. Musta been hot stuff! Shocked

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
theCOD
« Reply #411 on: March 29, 2011, 01:57:52 AM »

It was the Vega-tables arguments. Nothing new from what I heard.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 29, 2011, 03:04:13 AM »

One can savely assume that anything SMiLE-related that is posted on YouTube these days will be removed rather quickly.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 29, 2011, 04:20:44 AM »

I'm not sure why it took 17 pages worth of replies for you to feel it was legit. The press release was posted at Beach Boys Examiner on March 14 before it was posted on thebeachboys.com and just one hour after Brian's site had it up, and . Here's the link, http://www.examiner.com/beach-boys-in-national/official-smile-announcement-from-capitol-emi-records

Be sure to subscribe to Beach Boys Examiner… Lots of exclusives to come.

"The SMiLE Sessions’ global release date, complete track lists, and artwork will be unveiled soon."

Yay! Grin

« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 04:29:23 AM by ESQ Editor » Logged
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 29, 2011, 04:22:03 AM »

That will depend on the agreement that Capitol/EMI sets up with Amazon. Once everything is in place, the pre-order will state availability and ordering options.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 04:25:42 AM by ESQ Editor » Logged
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 29, 2011, 04:51:15 AM »

Definitely somethings of this nature have taken several days after release date to arrive from Amazon in my case. The Bootleg Series 8 (not even the fancy one) took a week! I might go camp outside Oxford Street HMV to be sure.... They're bound to have a couple of boxes.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #416 on: March 29, 2011, 05:44:22 AM »

I'm not sure why it took 17 pages worth of replies for you to feel it was legit. The press release was posted at Beach Boys Examiner on March 14 before it was posted on thebeachboys.com and just one hour after Brian's site had it up, and . Here's the link, http://www.examiner.com/beach-boys-in-national/official-smile-announcement-from-capitol-emi-records

Yay! Grin

David has a very fair point - this kind of thing has been out since 3/11 (in Billboard) and the official press release the following Monday. I've got BBExaminer on an RSS feed. Recommend you do the same.

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 29, 2011, 06:04:06 AM »

Yay! Grin

David has a very fair point - this kind of thing has been out since 3/11 (in Billboard) and the official press release the following Monday. I've got BBExaminer on an RSS feed. Recommend you do the same.

What's an RSS feed?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 29, 2011, 06:16:36 AM »

Yay! Grin

What's an RSS feed?

Hehe, I'm on the web for 12 years now, and I still don't know what such a 'feed' is - a continuous trail of good solid hamburgers, perchance?

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #419 on: March 29, 2011, 06:44:30 AM »

Really Simple Syndication.

You get updates when they happen. There's a big orange button - click on it and follow the simple instructions. If I can do it, anyone can !  Grin

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: March 29, 2011, 12:47:48 PM »

Room for this SMiLE promo? Brian, Hal and Mikes name mentioned but who else is here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgyHzSe6F5g

What was that - it's been removed already?

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,6952.0.html
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 29, 2011, 01:50:17 PM »

Thanks, "Other". BTW, who is the 1st Anonymous? I know how it is, you could tell me, but then you'd have to kill me. Sad

The Prisoner: "WHO IS NUMBER 1??" Angry

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 29, 2011, 01:59:36 PM »

A left over from the Ego board. At one point you didn't have to register so anyone who posted without signing in got a 'Anonymous' tag. Got a bit confusing during one heated topic with several 'Anonymous' posters and all unsure who we were replying to. From memory, someone then registered the username 'Anonymous'. Decided I liked the tag as well so just added 'Other'.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #423 on: March 29, 2011, 02:01:47 PM »

A left over from the Ego board. At one point you didn't have to register so anyone who posted without signing in got a 'Anonymous' tag. Got a bit confusing during one heated topic with several 'Anonymous' posters and all unsure who we were replying to. From memory, someone then registered the username 'Anonymous'. Decided I liked the tag as well so just added 'Other'.

There was also "The Original Anonymous".

Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 29, 2011, 03:42:41 PM »

Question:  How much stake or say does Bruce actually have in all this SMiLE release hoopla?  I know he was at the sessions but what's his holding in Brother or Capitol when it comes to SMiLE material?
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 380 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx