gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680957 Posts in 27623 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 10, 2024, 02:18:23 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SUNFLOWER ESQ Issue!  (Read 8419 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2011, 08:21:50 PM »

Yes it is, although for the time being the stores will remain open.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2011, 12:42:49 AM »

Got my copy as well. Quickly flipped through the pages already ,and it looks great. And for tomorrrow I'm sure it will be a great read as well.  Smiley

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2011, 07:49:46 AM »

Everyone's positive comments are always nice to read…most appreciated.

My 2˘…

David Dalton came through in spades!! It was very cool to see the pictures of each Wilson brother on drums…I really dug it. 

Having Andrew and Peter involved was like having the best of both worlds.  When working on ESQ, it's always a pleasure to put together a quality product, especially about an album of Sunflower's stature.

As far as listening to Sunflower: I highly recommend picking up the Sunflower LP released by Capitol last year; it has a beautiful and crisp sound, and it easily surpasses the CD twofer in quality.   
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2011, 09:22:18 AM »

David,

I signed up for a one year subscription through your website and paypal on Jan.22. I haven't received the Sunflower issue yet. Do new subcriptions take longer to get mailed out? Should I be concerned that it has not yet arrived?

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2011, 10:12:51 AM »

I agree with the consensus: nice job with this issue.

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2011, 12:14:02 PM »

David,

I signed up for a one year subscription through your website and paypal on Jan.22. I haven't received the Sunflower issue yet. Do new subcriptions take longer to get mailed out? Should I be concerned that it has not yet arrived?

Maybe the subscription service he uses hasn't notified him yet?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2011, 12:57:28 AM »

Well done to everybody involved with this special issue - a wonderful reading experience!

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2011, 06:42:39 AM »

David,

Well, that is the kind of answer that I'm looking for from ESQ. Paypal already charged my credit card and I've paid the credit card company. So, everybody has been taken care of except me. I just want to make sure I receive this issue, as it is the sole reason that prompted me to subscribe.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 07:56:46 AM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2011, 07:52:43 AM »

David,

Well, that is the kind of answer that I'm looking for from ESQ. Paypal already charged my credit card and I've paid the credit card company. So, everybody has been taken care of except me. I just want to make sure I receive this issue, as it is the sole reason that prompted me to subsribe.

Mine hasn't landed either but I'm not worried (yet) -  takes a while longer to get to Yorkshire than the Emerald Isle I guess!

“We live in divisive times.”
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2011, 08:00:53 AM »

I'm just outside of Philadelphia, and only a few hundred miles up the coast.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2011, 08:11:40 AM »

Does make one wonder why he's not at least posting a response; Dave is usually right on top of these things.  I hope he's OK. 

I can always send you my copy to read, until yours arrives; then you can send mine back.

Fun Is In
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2011, 12:50:13 PM »

Borders is in reorganization bankruptcy, closing "only" 200 stores, the others will stay open.
Clearance sales at the closing stores could begin as early as this weekend.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2011, 01:18:45 PM »

Does make one wonder why he's not at least posting a response; Dave is usually right on top of these things.  I hope he's OK. 

I can always send you my copy to read, until yours arrives; then you can send mine back.
Thank you for the offer, but for now I'll wait a little longer, especially since there are some people who haven't received theirs yet in the mail.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2011, 10:11:22 PM »

Wish All I Wanna Do was written about more...would've been great to have Desper contribute. Those are my only two complaints- otherwise this issue is awesome. I have learned a lot about the mind-set of the band at the time, and that has made me appreciate the music more. Especially Cool Cool Water.
Paulos
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2011, 05:42:06 AM »

I feel quite sad that my copy of this will be sat 9000 miles away in a house that no longer has anything to do with me, will have to cancel my subscription.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2011, 08:34:46 AM »

I feel quite sad that my copy of this will be sat 9000 miles away in a house that no longer has anything to do with me, will have to cancel my subscription.

why aren't you havung your copies sent wherever you're going to be?

Magic City Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2011, 03:19:51 PM »

I just sent in a PayPal payment for my very first issue.

I'm excited about it, I hope there's no trouble getting it.

Sail through the sorrows of life's marauders.
LeeDempsey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2011, 06:58:10 PM »

Folks,

I retired as the co-editor of ESQ several years ago, but I still own the business side of ESQ -- the accounting, posting new subscriptions, etc. -- while Dave owns the creative side.  I do it in my spare time, at night and on weekends (my day job is director of an IT consulting company).  I've been real busy with real work responsibilities and family stuff for the past few weeks, and I'm running about 3 to 4 weeks behind on posting new subscriptions and getting them out the door.  I apologize if anyone is waiting on their subscription, but please realize that ESQ is basically a hobby for me, and sometimes real-life responsibilties get in the way.  Thanks for your patience, and I hope to get caught up on the January renewals/new subscriptions this week.

Lee
Paulos
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2011, 07:06:53 PM »

I'm travelling around Australia so have no permanent address.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2011, 07:13:07 PM »

You can send it to me and I'll gladly hold it for you.  Smiley I'm being totally serious. I could hold if for however long you need. Just send me a permanent address when you have one.

Plus, I don't have an ESQ susscription, so it would be a nice oppertunity to borrow one.  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
LeeDempsey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2011, 07:19:03 PM »

Paulos, that's not a problem at all;  send us an e-mail at esqeditor@aol.com explaining the situation, and where we can post you a spare copy, and we'll put another copy in the mail to you.

Lee
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2011, 02:00:32 AM »

Folks,

I retired as the co-editor of ESQ several years ago, but I still own the business side of ESQ -- the accounting, posting new subscriptions, etc. -- while Dave owns the creative side.  I do it in my spare time, at night and on weekends (my day job is director of an IT consulting company).  I've been real busy with real work responsibilities and family stuff for the past few weeks, and I'm running about 3 to 4 weeks behind on posting new subscriptions and getting them out the door.  I apologize if anyone is waiting on their subscription, but please realize that ESQ is basically a hobby for me, and sometimes real-life responsibilties get in the way.  Thanks for your patience, and I hope to get caught up on the January renewals/new subscriptions this week.

Lee

You could always ask Will Brison to lend you a hand.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Paulos
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2011, 02:34:05 AM »

Paulos, that's not a problem at all;  send us an e-mail at esqeditor@aol.com explaining the situation, and where we can post you a spare copy, and we'll put another copy in the mail to you.

Lee

Thank you Lee, I have sent an email and will get my parents to send it to me when I have an address in Oz.
Magic City Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2011, 05:58:52 AM »

Thanks for your patience, and I hope to get caught up on the January renewals/new subscriptions this week.

Lee

No problem, I totally understand. 

Sail through the sorrows of life's marauders.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2011, 06:42:53 AM »

Folks,

I retired as the co-editor of ESQ several years ago, but I still own the business side of ESQ -- the accounting, posting new subscriptions, etc. -- while Dave owns the creative side.  I do it in my spare time, at night and on weekends (my day job is director of an IT consulting company).  I've been real busy with real work responsibilities and family stuff for the past few weeks, and I'm running about 3 to 4 weeks behind on posting new subscriptions and getting them out the door.  I apologize if anyone is waiting on their subscription, but please realize that ESQ is basically a hobby for me, and sometimes real-life responsibilties get in the way.  Thanks for your patience, and I hope to get caught up on the January renewals/new subscriptions this week.

Lee

Ya know, what I don't understand, is how in the world you can get your priorities SO out of tune with the rest of us; I think it should be obvious to you( and Dave) that THE #1 responsibility you have is to ensure the top-speed delivery of ESQ to each and every person that buys it. Family/work be hanged!!   LOL
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 07:44:10 PM by bgas » Logged

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx