gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681075 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 21, 2024, 01:35:13 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Our Team  (Read 10268 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2012, 02:11:45 PM »

pretty sure this is from the MIU Our Team Special:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRtEaff4X04&feature=share&list=ULNRtEaff4X04
Mike singing Kona Coast. The YT uploader also has uploaded a video of Dennis singing My Diane...both songs were featured on the special, I believe

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2012, 04:43:30 PM »

Mike singing Kona Coast. The YT uploader also has uploaded a video of Dennis singing My Diane...both songs were featured on the special, I believe

Yes, that ^^^ would be from the Our Team documentary. I wonder if he has "Mike Come Back To L.A."? And, did you catch his name? I wonder if he's the bass player from Slade?
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2012, 07:08:42 PM »

Why is the "Our Team" special not available anywhere?!? Doesn't anybody have it at home to upload it? I especially have wanted to hear "Mike Come Back to LA" for years!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2012, 07:46:55 PM »

Why is the "Our Team" special not available anywhere?!? Doesn't anybody have it at home to upload it? I especially have wanted to hear "Mike Come Back to LA" for years!
I've heard it. I like it alot and somehow, I know it's never gonna get released. just not the type of thing to be released

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2012, 10:34:50 PM »

Mike Come Back To LA is on several bootlegs. You don't need to see the special to hear it.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Jason Penick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2012, 10:36:41 PM »

Mike Come Back To LA is on several bootlegs. You don't need to see the special to hear it.

Yes, this. Also, it's nothing all that special. Basically just the group singing the line "Mike Come Back to L.A." over and over to the tune of "Some Some Some of Your Love".

SUICIDE
It only makes things worse. You can't solve anything by killing yourself. I mean, things can only get better, but if you're dead, they may not. -- Brian Wilson
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2012, 01:46:50 AM »

Thanks for that. I'm sure I'm in the minority but I love this song, maybe just because of the beautiful melancholic shift the song takes at these lines:

And pretty island girls greet you with a flower lei
You'll throw it back into the sea
Hopin' you'll be comin' back to Hawaii

If I didn't know better I'd swear Brian wrote that part.

I'd also love to see this doc. Does anyone have it in reasonable quality?

« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 01:48:53 AM by buddhahat » Logged

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx