gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680997 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 14, 2024, 07:00:54 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Yes, I DID just see the Al Jardine reference on SNL....  (Read 7167 times)
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« on: February 27, 2010, 08:36:45 PM »

...a few seconds ago. Smiley

Poor Al...SNL should thank their lucky stars it was Al and not Mike. Smiley

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 09:00:53 PM »

What was it in reference to?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 09:23:17 PM »

It was a sketch satirizing the "We Are The World" re-make, with Quincy Jones (played by Kenan Thompson) apologizing for the atrocity that is the re-make, so to make things better, they were making a new re-make. It was "We Are The World" with new lyrics, and commenting on the contributors and performances on the actual remake. For one of the lyrics, they showed a picture of Al in the orange shirt, and the lyric was something like "And what's up with the weird dude in the front row?"

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
jeremylr
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 10:34:15 PM »

Al is getting his share of publicity lately, isn't he?  The exact words were "WHO IS this weird dude right in the front row?" with an arrow pointing to Al.  It was new castmember Jenny Slate singing as Lady Gaga.  I couldn't help but cringe, but I was still laughing.
?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 11:34:31 PM »

Better video @ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/28/we-are-the-world-3-snl-ra_n_479828.html  That Willie Nelson guy was funny though.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 08:15:01 PM by AvanTodd » Logged
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 02:04:58 AM »

I'm sure Al is not pleased...I wouldn't be, if I were him.  But anyway, it didn't seem like that line, or most of the lines for that matter, got any laughs from the studio audience.  SNL seems like it is beyond repair now...
Exapno Mapcase
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 02:28:22 AM »

Al was the one who could sing, wasn't he?

Honk! Honk!
A Million Units In Jan!
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 03:49:02 AM »

I'm sure Al is not pleased...I wouldn't be, if I were him.  But anyway, it didn't seem like that line, or most of the lines for that matter, got any laughs from the studio audience.  SNL seems like it is beyond repair now...

You know how long people have been saying that for?  I haven't bothered to watch SNL in years.
Alf64
Smiley Smile Associate

I have a License To Quill

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 04:40:27 AM »

Yes. He still sounds like he did in 1965! GREAT voice! Whatever vitamins he's on, he needs to share them with Mike and Bruce. LOL
The infamous Baldwin Organ
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 06:00:45 AM »

I hope that Al never even hears of the SNL thing. The new EP is fantastic, his shows have been great, his voice still sounds great all of these years later. "We Are The World" is not pop music at it's best- but it was a good cause, and it's nice that Al and Brian got asked to do it. If anything, maybe this will prove that he never got the recognition he deserved for his commitment to the band.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 06:02:11 AM »

people still watch SNL?  i had no idea

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 06:57:47 AM »

It was a sketch satirizing the "We Are The World" re-make, with Quincy Jones (played by Kenan Thompson) apologizing for the atrocity that is the re-make, so to make things better, they were making a new re-make. It was "We Are The World" with new lyrics, and commenting on the contributors and performances on the actual remake. For one of the lyrics, they showed a picture of Al in the orange shirt, and the lyric was something like "And what's up with the weird dude in the front row?"

It was a salmon colored shirt, dude!  police

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 08:03:31 AM »

You know how long people have been saying that for?  I haven't bothered to watch SNL in years.
Since its second or third season. And similarly, other people praise its rebirths. Like pop music, each generation of fans just doesn't connect with the next batch.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 08:42:31 AM »

people still watch SNL?  i had no idea
People still watch TV? My God...

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2010, 08:50:39 AM »

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahaha! LOL

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2010, 10:16:45 AM »

The shirt was a big mistake

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2010, 10:36:08 AM »

The shirt was a big mistake

Didn't Brian and Al have matching shirts?
Ganz Allein
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 12:48:13 PM »

No, it was peachLOL
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2010, 12:07:08 AM »

Yeah, I stopped liking it in the early to mid 90's...don't remember watching a whole episode this entire past decade....but to be fair, I haven't had TV since 2005 I think, and even then it was only for a few months.  I think I've had access to TV channels for about 1 out of the past 10 years haha
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2010, 08:04:49 AM »

Yes. He still sounds like he did in 1965! GREAT voice! Whatever vitamins he's on, he needs to share them with Mike and Bruce. LOL

haven't heard Mike lately, have ya? Grin

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Exapno Mapcase
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 01:01:25 PM »

The shirt was a mistake?  Maybe if he'd got his tits out , back-combed his hair (wig?) and had a talent bypass, he would've been accepted. Aleisha Jardine?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 01:02:26 PM by salman rushdie » Logged

Honk! Honk!
OneEar/OneEye
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 03:42:38 PM »

I haven't seen SNL in a very long time, and that clip makes me glad I haven't.  What a load of rubbish.  
First off the "We Are The World" parody has been done at least once before by SNL (maybe not by this cast, but hey how about thinking up something new?),  the impersonations are lousy (Eddie Vedder and Gwen Stefani aside) and it just plain isn't funny.   My cat could come up with funnier material than that!  Smokin
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 05:15:12 PM by Paul » Logged
oldsurferdude
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010, 04:35:19 PM »

haven't heard Mike lately, have ya? Grin
No, and don't want to-he's way beyond needing vitamins...perhaps a spoonful of Geritol would do. Razz
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2010, 05:23:45 PM »

Rhianna, Eddie Vedder and Gwen Stefani were pretty funny, the rest were pretty bad. 
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2010, 07:00:52 PM »

SNL has had it's run.  When it started, ther were a handful of tv shows to watch.  And as it happened, SNL was blessed with the funniest most talented cast.. Now there are 300 channels to watch and the snl staff is mediocre at best and the writing is very inconsistently funny. 

f*** em
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx