gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680935 Posts in 27621 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 09, 2024, 05:27:04 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Honeys in Ecstacy  (Read 2223 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2007, 09:36:51 AM »

Who produced it?

any other info about this album?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Goin’Bald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 11:49:28 AM »

Ah, the famous Ecstacy album by The Honeys: Marilyn, Diane and Ginger. Don’t know exactly the year it was released, but I think it is from 1985. Produced by Lou Natkin and Mark Avnet with executive producers Harold Bronson and Richard Foos. Engineered by Mark Avnet and recorded at Mad Dog Studios in Venice, CA. Can’t really find known musicians. There is a Robbie Krieger playing guitar on Boy From Nowhere.

There are 10 tracks with the Brian Wilson song Go Away Boy as the highlight and quite different from the rest of the stuff. It’s really recorded in a disco heavy setting, unlike The Honeys we all know.  I bought it some 10 years ago on a record fair and believe me, the price I paid for it was way too much. But then again the mentioned Brian song is maybe worth the purchase of the album (not on CD). There is another Brian Wilson song on the album: You Brought It All On Yourself. Other tracks are Running Away From Love; Exstacy; Love You Forever; Indian Giver; Temptation Eyes; Girls Are Vicious and Be My Baby.
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 12:52:05 PM »

A lot of it sounds like 80s heavy rock too, some of it reminds me of 80s Kiss!

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 12:59:51 PM »

...some of it reminds me of 80s Kiss!

Haha. Good analogy, actually.

I must say, I think it's a pretty dreadful album. But I think Brian's Go Away Boy is interesting.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 01:40:22 PM »

I actually have an autographed copy of The Honey's In Ectasy, but I don't remember how I got it! My memory is getting senile said Brian. I think I sent away for it via some promotion or something.

The album was an obvious attempt by the girls to sound current or contemporary, which of course, they were not. However, some of the songs weren't bad. There were a couple of good melodies if i remember correctly. I listened to it a lot when I first got it. Since then, well...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 01:50:59 PM by Sheriff John Stone » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 03:47:58 PM »

Released 1983.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
MBE
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 09:26:52 PM »

I don't like it. Go Away Boy is a good song but bad production. The It's Like Heaven LP is way better.
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 01:47:32 AM »

The Pearlfishers do an incredible heartbreaking version of "go away boy" on the caroline now tribute album

matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 04:28:13 AM »

Thats where I first heard it, it is a good song, I don't mind the Honeys version but it does have that incongruous guitar solo at the end!

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx