gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681032 Posts in 27628 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 17, 2024, 05:17:53 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steve Martin documentary on Apple TV  (Read 578 times)
shadownoze
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2024, 01:29:45 AM »

I've been eagerly anticipating the debut of the new two-part documentary about Steve Martin, which finally dropped today on Apple TV. As the first part got underway, I thought, "Hey, that sounds like an outtake of 'Friends.'" A minute later, some tracks from Surf's Up...a bit of Don't Talk...
I thought somebody really knows The Beach Boys and went for some deep cuts.
The documentary is great, and when the end credits began to roll, lo and behold, the music score is credited to one Darian Sahanaja!
Great job, Darian, and I hope it leads to many new adventures for you.
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2024, 04:15:12 AM »

Sweet, thanks for the heads up!  I'll have to check this out since I also enjoy Steve's work.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2024, 10:41:44 AM »

This was posted on Facebook by Darian via the Brian Wilson's Band account a couple of days back. Saw the trailer and absolutely loved the music score.

Hey there…happy to announce that this two-part documentary on Steve Martin is finally coming out! The music for part one, 𝑇𝐻𝐸𝑁 (the early years and struggle to superstardom) has been scored by yours truly.
Since Steve was raised in Southern California, worked at Disneyland and Knott’s Berry Farm, combined magic and comedy all while wielding a banjo, director Morgan Neville thought the music should have a West Coast Americana tone. I suppose that explains why he sought me out. 😉
Streaming on Apple TV+ beginning March 29th
ETA: In case there is any doubt, this is from Darian.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2024, 09:02:11 PM »

Darian has done soundtrack work for many years, often contributing to odd Disney programs.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx