gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680894 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 04, 2024, 03:57:45 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jardine challenges Love to battle of the bands in explosive interview...  (Read 53385 times)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 29, 2013, 03:29:47 PM »

Check out the post in question, then tell me I'm wrong. It actually hurt to read.

I remember reading that post, it didn't hurt me, I've read worse, but there's several ways one can react to spelling like that. Some of these ways are nicer than others, but I'm not interested in having an argument about stuff like this anyway.
Wouldn't we all Micha, wouldn't we all. Nicely said. As the saing goes, "if you can't say something nice, ....".

Actually, if I remember correctly (too lazy to check that), Andrew actually did say something nice about that posting, but it was buried deep down in his teaching the poster about his shortcomings.

Now probably Andrew will correct my grammar in that last phrase.
Why do you take exception with wanting to write well? I don't get this line of thinking. I guess it's ok, because you don't have to read your own shitty grammar? The one's who have to try and read it are the ones who have to suffer through it. If someone don't care how they write down their thoughts, then why should we care about their thoughts and opinions?

hey hey, it's not nice to complain if you're also making the crummy grammar! It's "Doesn't care how they write their thoughts"

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 29, 2013, 04:41:04 PM »

Check out the post in question, then tell me I'm wrong. It actually hurt to read.

I remember reading that post, it didn't hurt me, I've read worse, but there's several ways one can react to spelling like that. Some of these ways are nicer than others, but I'm not interested in having an argument about stuff like this anyway.
Wouldn't we all Micha, wouldn't we all. Nicely said. As the saing goes, "if you can't say something nice, ....".

Actually, if I remember correctly (too lazy to check that), Andrew actually did say something nice about that posting, but it was buried deep down in his teaching the poster about his shortcomings.

Now probably Andrew will correct my grammar in that last phrase.
Why do you take exception with wanting to write well? I don't get this line of thinking. I guess it's ok, because you don't have to read your own shitty grammar? The one's who have to try and read it are the ones who have to suffer through it. If someone don't care how they write down their thoughts, then why should we care about their thoughts and opinions?

hey hey, it's not nice to complain if you're also making the crummy grammar! It's "Doesn't care how they write their thoughts"
You're right! Thank you for letting me know. It has been corrected to "doesn't".

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 29, 2013, 04:54:39 PM »

I was told a story by a few different sources that I can't prove so I won't print. Here all I will say is that it seems it happened during a plastic surgery to fix a check bone Murry had crushed.

Interesting. Can you tell us what year this surgery occurred?
I think it happened sometime in 1985 or 1986. There is a Paul McCartney doc Brian took part in shot in the summer of 1986. His mouth is very droopy.

I've heard that story too, as well as the plastic surgery bit. I think it was circulated pretty commonly in the BW fan communities at one point -- I started on the boards in the mid- to late-90s and believe I heard it there.

It's in one of the books, forget which (Gaines ? White ?).
The Timothy White book refers to him going for a facelift and the surgeon postponing the operation when his heart rate suddenly dropped due to the medication Landy had put him on. Was this the stroke we're discussing ? Possibly, maybe it was but White couldn't say, or didn't know.
Yes the story I heard was about that day.

Apparently sudden drops in BP, if they go on for awhile, are known to trigger ischemic strokes. This is probably what White is hinting at ...
kookadams
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: August 28, 2014, 12:42:42 AM »

I have given up on trying to establish whether or not Mike Love is a villain.  None of the narratives seem to agree with each other.  On one end of the spectrum you have David Leaf and his "Brian is a victim" narrative, on the other Mike Love with his explanations for disagreements ("Wilson brothers abused drugs" and "I loved SMiLE and only took issue with one lyric").  I for one love the music the BBs made in late 60's and early 70s, which, by most accounts, was something of a group effort creatively.  It's hard for me to buy the David Leaf story of the rest of the band being abusive towards Brian and corporate-minded when this music was not exactly "commercial" (both in the way the music sounds and in terms of sales).  Weren't all the Beach Boys relatively "far out" in some way or another at this point in time? 

I think most of us here will agree that much of the Beach Boys music post 70s is cheesy and uninspired, but I often wonder just how popular the Beach Boys would be if it weren't for Mike Love revisiting all the oldies.  I grew up on the Surfin Hits, and I've wondered if I would ever have discovered the more obscure Beach Boys material without this foundation.

On another note...

AGD - Is the attitude/nastiness really necessary?  It seems well established that you are knowledgeable and an insider.  What point are you trying to prove?  It's all to convenient to attack people on the internet....
by post 70s you mean after holland but not including love you right? I agree that holland was their last solid group effort, altho some would say sunflower...
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: August 28, 2014, 12:46:47 AM »

Why did you bump a thread that hasn't been posted in for over a year?!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 28, 2014, 10:29:37 AM »

Because he is a kook.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 28, 2014, 10:36:03 AM »

Because he is a kook.
I would rather him be an OSD..... Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #357 on: August 28, 2014, 10:42:14 AM »

I'm locking this.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx