gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681008 Posts in 27626 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 14, 2024, 10:48:31 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dennis Writes To Murry  (Read 7354 times)
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2012, 04:10:48 PM »

The Murry letter took it to a whole 'nother level.
PaulTMA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2012, 05:26:34 PM »

I don't know if this is appropriate thread, but I took acid for the first (and presumably last) time a couple of days ago and I've only just remembered I spent ages 'entertaining' some borderline strangers with a syncopating Murry Wilson impression, ah scoob a bab a doo bah dah!  I'm 31.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 05:27:27 PM by PaulTMA » Logged
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2012, 06:12:22 PM »

I don't know if this is appropriate thread, but I took acid for the first (and presumably last) time a couple of days ago and I've only just remembered I spent ages 'entertaining' some borderline strangers with a syncopating Murry Wilson impression, ah scoob a bab a doo bah dah!  I'm 31.

LOL LOL LOL
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2012, 06:45:14 PM »

I don't know if this is appropriate thread, but I took acid for the first (and presumably last) time a couple of days ago and I've only just remembered I spent ages 'entertaining' some borderline strangers with a syncopating Murry Wilson impression, ah scoob a bab a doo bah dah!  I'm 31.

Paul, in the name of comedy, please take acid one more time and report back again.*

*This comment is made in jest and in no way represents Justin ordering PaulTMA to take acid once again.  If he chooses to take acid, it is by his doing and his decision alone and it does not reflect any request or persuasion by Justin.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 06:50:08 PM by Justin » Logged
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2012, 12:55:28 AM »

This letter is so revealing into the bizarre psychology of the Wilson family at the time... despite that Dennis was a 23-year old rich, famous (though at the time of dwindling fame), and independent adult/rock star, he still had to write a promissory type note to his dad for borrowing the camera. I’ll bet this was written at Murry’s insistence to Dennis (the Menace).
[...]
Totally something that might be expected at age 13, but just a bit unthinkable and seemingly a bit demeaning of someone who’s an adult, let alone a famous adult celebrity. Obviously to Murry, Dennis was still just Dennis the screwup kid, and that is probably all he’d ever be
[...]

This. It's just... Weird.

And I guess Dennis could have bought his dad a new camera in the blink of an eye.

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2012, 09:32:38 AM »

« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 09:33:56 AM by Spil Phector » Logged

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx