gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681074 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 21, 2024, 10:39:51 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dennis Wilson album, Tornado  (Read 2480 times)
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2012, 08:06:44 PM »

So in Mark Dillon's book (which is great by the way), I noticed that he mentioned Jim Guercio planned on putting out a new Dennis Wilson album, entitled Tornado. While I think that would be awesome, I'm kinda skeptical. Guercio said the album would contain, "some recorded tracks Dennis never finished, some remixes of POB, and some unreleased POB."

I also have no idea what "remixed POB" would mean either. Who would remix it? Like wholesale remixes with different backing tracks, or just instrumental tracks and a cappella tracks?

But to be more hopeful, maybe we'd hear some stuff from the post-L.A. (Light Album) era, including "Labor Day". Or maybe this entire project has already been scrapped, and I'm getting worked up about nothing.

Also, I gotta say I'd really like a compilation of Dennis' unreleased late '60s and early '70s output, but I'd take whatever we can get.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 08:11:34 PM »

"Thoughts Of You" (T-Pain remix featuring Lil Wayne, Kanye West, and Peter Bu(tt fu)ck of REM)

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 08:27:06 PM »

"Thoughts Of You" (T-Pain remix featuring Lil Wayne, Kanye West, and Peter Bu(tt fu)ck of REM)

Actually I already got that one. You want the MP3 runners?
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 10:29:48 PM »

Actually I already got that one. You want the MP3 runners?

Transcode to WMA or go to hell. My Zune (R.I.P. rip in peace 2008-2008) didn't support commie file formats and neither do I.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 10:33:24 PM by runnersdialzero » Logged

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 03:13:53 AM »

I heard from multiple sources around the time that POB came out that there was quite a bit of post-BAMBU tape on Dennis from various sources, and that some of it was good.  I also heard there was talk of a followup.  I seem to recall this was kicked around with Stebbins and a few others in another thread and there's some skepticism about how much is out there, where it is, the state of completion, and who owns the rights. But I'm kind of blanking on what was actually said.  If you search the site you can probably find the last time this came up.

I do know that there is more quality Dennis material that is still coming to light.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx