gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681074 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 21, 2024, 02:28:23 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian bgs on BABY BLUE  (Read 6800 times)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2014, 11:34:23 AM »

There's a vocal part on Santa Ana Winds that I always thought was Brian until I was told it's actually Carl, which disappointed me. Funny, it's like we're trying to spot the Yeti, isn't it? "Look! It's Brian! On there!!!" We just want to have him on there, do we? Smiley

There is a vocal part - a whole one second - where I think it's Brian. At the 2:37 mark, it sounds like Brian singing "oh the". He may be buried in the harmonies somewhere, too. Who knows...

Brian's definitely there near the end of "Santa Ana Winds", doing a little "oh oh" or "whoa oh" bit. You can hear it more clearly on the "alternate" early version, from which elements were used for the eventual official version from KTSA.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2014, 11:55:56 AM »

No.  I was there.  He wasn't in the hospital the whole time.

"Not the whole time" - how much is that in percent?

Seriously? 48.7%  I calculated it to the minute. 

Half-seriously Roll Eyes - like expecting a figure like "about one third" or "circa 80 percent of the time", but being aware of the wording of the question being a bit absurd. Smiley

No problem Micha.  I just get like that sometimes...

No harm done, I took it as humorous as you meant it. Smiley

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2014, 02:38:15 AM »

Belatedly chiming in, I thought it was Brian on "Baby Blue" too.  Alan played me the isolated track to convince me otherwise.  Great BW imitation but it is definitely Carl.
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2014, 09:39:33 AM »

Crazy. If Carl could imitate Brian THAT good, why didn't he do all the falsettos? We'd never know.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx