gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681009 Posts in 27626 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 14, 2024, 11:14:23 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What did we learn at the Q&A?  (Read 70235 times)
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2015, 01:21:53 PM »

Why not?  Why waste time and ask him questions (i.e. about his new album that will be forthcoming very soon anyway)?

I'd say because there's not much point in wasting your chance on something Brian likely won't answer.  What did you get out of it?  Also...as it's been awhile since he did any of these on-line visits...you want to ease him back into to it like someone stepping into a swimming pool one inch at a time.  You want him to think that  'the waters' fine'...and hope he'll come back for another swim.  Once he starts to jump in...you can open up with the questions.  IF WE EVER GET TO THAT.  Meanwhile I figured WHY is Brian doing this?  And at 2 sites NO LESS all on one day?

To promote the new album primarily.  So?  What to ask?

That's the thing about having ONLY experts ask all of the questions...1...the experts know the answers to stuff most folks want to know and subsequently won't ask those questions...and 2...newbies and fans ask the stuff that Brian wants to answer...the stuff he's comfortbale with...the stuff that isn't so cold that it'll shrink his private parts.

I liked your question Mikie.  But I don't have the answer for you.  For that you gotta get the MOST Honoured Guests to respond.  Try the previously mentioned extra loud cheese pizza noise maker.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2015, 01:22:48 PM »

What I learned? Don't post your question until seconds before the deadline.  Post early in an orderly fashion?  Brian'll never get all the way through the umpteen pages of 'queries' to where you're so, in fact, well hidden that camouflage is a 100% waste of time and money.  {A duck-call might come in handy though...or something really LOUD that sounds exactly like a cheese pizza.}

This. This is the only true answer

I was about to say this too smh.  I wish this could've been a week event where everyday at the same time he would come on and finish answering questions.  But at least he said he was gonna come back  Grin

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
SinisterSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2015, 01:23:44 PM »

Gosh, I get that some people are bitter about not having the questions answered, but this is crazy.

Wanting to limit the submissions to veteran posters with 1000 posts? This place is a community, we all have opinions and questions regardless of our account stats. Don't cut out a massive chunk of people just because you want a better chance of being answered.
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2015, 01:24:48 PM »

This is what you get from a BW interview, folks.

Narrowing it down wouldn't have helped. The man knows how to dodge and weave.

Misdirection, evasion, brevity. That's his style, and he's not changing it now.

I wouldn't be too upset guys.  Like with other Q&A sessions he sidestepped a lot of the questions and a few of the answers didn't even make sense.  I do think that there should something put in place next time so we don't waste time with questions like what is his favorite pizza.

And don't hate on the pizza question. He picked it.

Yeah, I know. Still.

No, I will hate on that question. It's a stupid and pointless question and he only picked it because it's an easy and non-illuminating question to waste time answering. Which is why we ought to limit the next one to serious questions only, imho. Let the blue board ask the fluffy stuff.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2015, 01:27:12 PM »

Maybe we ought to have an Answerdome ahead of time and whittle it down to a representative couple of screens full of questions.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2015, 01:27:23 PM »

Gosh, I get that some people are bitter about not having the questions answered, but this is crazy.

Wanting to limit the submissions to veteran posters with 1000 posts? This place is a community, we all have opinions and questions regardless of our account stats. Don't cut out a massive chunk of people just because you want a better chance of being answered.

I knew mine wouldn't be answered. I just think stupid questions shouldn't push down far better ones to the bottom just because they asked last minute. If anything, if you were too lazy that you waited until he got here, *your* question should be on the bottom of the list, I say.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
[
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2015, 01:29:11 PM »

These are the sort of questions that Brian obviously feels comfortable answering. I think forcing complicated, super-fan questions on him would just be an unseemly thing to do. Obviously, there are a lot of bad memories linked to some of these topics that are being brought up that Brian probably doesn't feel like reliving.

If Brian is comfortable and enjoys answering the simpler, easier stuff, then I'm all for it.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2015, 01:29:53 PM »

if you were too lazy that you waited until he got here, *your* question should be on the bottom of the list, I say.
Lazy? Don't you mean cunning??
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:32:18 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2015, 01:32:00 PM »

I thought of this as sort of a once in a lifetime thing.  If I had one chance to talk to Brian (or any celebrity I admired) I would want it to be meaningful.  Undecided

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2015, 01:35:32 PM »

I thought of this as sort of a once in a lifetime thing.  If I had one chance to talk to Brian (or any celebrity I admired) I would want it to be meaningful.  Undecided

Exactly.

And guys, I'm not saying I expected complex answers about SMiLE for example (tho that'd be awesome) but asking about pizza and cake is just a complete waste. It's like being given a chance to ask God a question and asking if the sun will come up tomorrow.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

[
SinisterSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2015, 01:36:25 PM »

I knew mine wouldn't be answered. I just think stupid questions shouldn't push down far better ones to the bottom just because they asked last minute. If anything, if you were too lazy that you waited until he got here, *your* question should be on the bottom of the list, I say.

People can ask WHATEVER they want, they don't have to quiz Brian about minor details from 40-50 years ago like he's an information machine. The important thing is that this one was fun, and I hope Brian had fun doing it.

I really didn't expect an answer. just wanted to put something out there. And hey, it was near the bottom.
SinisterSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2015, 01:38:25 PM »

Well, he's done 3 Q&As in the past 12 months roughly, so who knows, he might be developing a taste for it  Cheesy
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2015, 01:40:06 PM »

Exactly.

And guys, I'm not saying I expected complex answers about SMiLE for example (tho that'd be awesome) but asking about pizza and cake is just a complete waste. It's like being given a chance to ask God a question and asking if the sun will come up tomorrow.

Yup.  Here is what I asked: Hi Brian, I'm wondering if "The Night Was So Young" possibly dates back to the Pet Sounds era.  It sounds a lot like "That's Not Me" with the guitar being almost (if not exactly) the same.  Or was it really a new song that you just decided to go a bit "retro" on?

Maybe the answer is already known (I couldn't find anything), but I think that was a reasonable question that didn't require too much thought.  He might have answered it if it wasn't buried in the thread.
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2015, 01:40:18 PM »

Some of us have been on this forum for months and years and maybe don't post too much, it doesn't make us less deserving of getting questions answered people! Can't we just be happy some got their questions answered? What were we really expecting in this instance? Brian to come out with mind blowing information about a lost album?  Smokin
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:41:46 PM by SamMcK » Logged
SinisterSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2015, 01:42:00 PM »

Some of us have been on this forum for months and years and maybe don't post too much, it doesn't make those people less deserving of getting questions answered people! Can't we just be happy some got their questions answered? What were we really expecting in this instance? Brian to come out with mind blowing information about a lost album?  Smokin

Agree, let the fans interact with one of their idols. He can answer any question he likes.
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2015, 01:43:01 PM »

I'm just thrilled that Brian came here, and to the other site, and answered whatever questions he chose. I'm glad he gave some detail to my Break Away question, more than I expected! Man, I got lucky. Mine was the last question he answered. It was a very exciting hour. I have nothing negative to say. All good. Pizza and all. I'm ordering Dominos tonight...
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2015, 01:43:08 PM »

From the questions he answered I see a mix of light and heavier questions. As wirestone says, he evades the complex ones anyway so it's not as if he was ever going to tell us what the original lyrics to cifotm were even if we asked that. We did learn some cool stuff, like which bit Murry sang on Friends and which parts Murry wrote on breakaway. I think this is as good as we could've expected and should just be grateful that the mods managed to get him here in the first place.

And if we get another chance we'll be better prepared!

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2015, 01:43:32 PM »

I thought of this as sort of a once in a lifetime thing.  If I had one chance to talk to Brian (or any celebrity I admired) I would want it to be meaningful.  Undecided

Exactly.

Brian answered a lot of different questions (ranging from the shortening of Meant For You, to yes what's his favorite type of PIZZA). Who the hell cares? We're all fans with different curiosities. We should be grateful that this thing ever took place, that Brian recalls seeing cobblestone roads in Holland, that he recorded a demo cover of 'Strangers in the Night' 12 years ago. Instead of bitching about the types of questions that were asked, be thankful that we got a lot of interesting questions answered.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2015, 01:45:10 PM »

Well he did say his favorite lyricist was VDP and I thought that was interesting!!

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2015, 01:46:07 PM »

I'm totally asking what his favorite type of calzone is Grin

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2015, 01:49:50 PM »

Well he did say his favorite lyricist was VDP and I thought that was interesting!!

I missed that when I scanned through. Definitely interesting.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2015, 01:50:21 PM »

I wonder how many registered just to ask questions.

The number of people who registered after the Q&A was announced who asked a question was 0.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
SinisterSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2015, 01:50:53 PM »

I'm totally asking what his favorite type of calzone is Grin

I'm going to ask how he eats neapolitan ice cream. Does he prefer to eat one flavor at a time, or does he mix them together to make a 'harmony' of flavours  3D
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2015, 01:52:35 PM »

Can't we just be happy some got their questions answered?

Yes, we can be, and we should.   If anyone who feels more valuable than other board members wants their questions to get a higher priority, they should arrange an interview with Brian.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
halblaineisgood
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2015, 01:54:41 PM »

C'mon.

If Dennis came back in a time machine and logged onto the internet for 15 seconds and told you what his favorite pizza was you'd be THRILLED.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:56:09 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx