gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681292 Posts in 27630 Topics by 4081 Members - Latest Member: zappi June 01, 2024, 07:58:21 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 ... 286 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thread for various insignificant questions that don't deserve their own thread!  (Read 1420119 times)
lee
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: March 03, 2012, 07:58:38 PM »

Was Time To Get Alone ever performed live by the Beach Boys?
Slow In Brain
Smiley Smile Associate

Rainbow Eyes

View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: March 03, 2012, 08:13:43 PM »

How did Brian get the idea to speed up Thinkin Bout You baby  to turn it into Darlin ?

"When the time comes an American can't tell the truth because the Government doesn't, that's the time to give the country back to the Indians, if they'll have it." - Sam Holland

"What draws us all closer and makes us all care. Is not what we have, but the things that we share." - Jill Wolf
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: March 03, 2012, 08:29:16 PM »

Question: The version of In My Room by Tammy Wynette with Brian Wilson on the 'Tammy Wynette Remembered' compilation - is this a proper studio version sans the talking over the top of it like in the Stars & Stripes DVD?

Not exactly - it's a remix with more Brian and much less BB.

It's actually a new version without any BBs and multiple overdubbed Brians, IIRC.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 08:41:42 PM by Wirestone » Logged
Slow In Brain
Smiley Smile Associate

Rainbow Eyes

View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: March 03, 2012, 08:38:34 PM »

I was looking back at some other thread regarding Happy Days and how it is related to My Solution and All This Is That, the My Solution bit I agree with but the rest of the song sounds not unlike "Happy Days Are Here Again" by Vera Lynne

"When the time comes an American can't tell the truth because the Government doesn't, that's the time to give the country back to the Indians, if they'll have it." - Sam Holland

"What draws us all closer and makes us all care. Is not what we have, but the things that we share." - Jill Wolf
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: March 03, 2012, 10:23:09 PM »

Was Time To Get Alone ever performed live by the Beach Boys?

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2130 on: March 03, 2012, 11:18:26 PM »

How did Brian get the idea to speed up Thinkin Bout You baby  to turn it into Darlin ?

Tape machine was set to 15 ips by mistake.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: March 04, 2012, 03:44:00 PM »

LOL

You don't know it was Brian's idea. Could have been Mike wanting to revisit it too, after all.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Slow In Brain
Smiley Smile Associate

Rainbow Eyes

View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: March 05, 2012, 12:17:59 AM »

So Brian was randomly checking out some older master tapes and inadvertantly played one song too fast ?

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2133 on: March 05, 2012, 12:25:26 AM »

So Brian was randomly checking out some older master tapes and inadvertantly played one song too fast ?

I really gotta stop leaving off the smileys...  Roll Eyes

cablegeddon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: March 05, 2012, 12:55:50 PM »

I sit and listen to Add some music and I notice there's no echo. I never paid any attention to that before. Is there like a quick rundown of their use of echo?

Brian Wilson fan since august 2011
Paulos
« Reply #2135 on: March 07, 2012, 12:34:18 PM »

Questions regarding bonus tracks:

I have been searching the net for PT Cruiser/PT Cruiser (a cappela)/PT Cruiser (track) but to no avail - was this only available for a limited time via Al's website? (I do have PT Cruiser on Songs From Here And Back but want the other versions for completeness).

Is there anywhere to legally get Oh Mi Amor & Message Man other buying the entire Itunes version of that Lucky Old Sun? It won't let you buy Oh Mi Amor & Message Man on there own. This also goes for Peace On Earth from In The Key Of Disney, amazon.com won't let me buy it because I'm in the UK and amazon.co.uk doesn't have it.

rogerlancelot
« Reply #2136 on: March 07, 2012, 12:42:31 PM »

I really don't want to start a new topic on this so I suppose this is the place to ask:

Who played the wonderful guitar solo on the In Concert version of "Let The Wind Blow"?
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: March 07, 2012, 01:48:58 PM »

It sounds an awful lot like Blondie to me.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: March 09, 2012, 01:47:43 PM »

We know Brian has a still-ongoing obsession with "Shortenin' Bread" that has lasted for the past 36 years (!!!) at least. Does anyone know where he first came upon the song though? Did someone introduce him to it, or did he find it himself, or what? Someone must know!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2139 on: March 09, 2012, 01:50:42 PM »

Well... the first known recording thereof was in 1973 with Spring. I'll ask someone who might know.

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: March 09, 2012, 01:52:44 PM »

We know Brian has a still-ongoing obsession with "Shortenin' Bread" that has lasted for the past 36 years (!!!) at least. Does anyone know where he first came upon the song though? Did someone introduce him to it, or did he find it himself, or what? Someone must know!

Well:

Donald Duck sings the song while making pancakes in the 1948 animated short Three for Breakfast.
(Source)

I want to believe a young Brian watched this and it all started.  Grin
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: March 09, 2012, 01:58:01 PM »

"Shortenin' Bread" is one of those songs that every child heard or learned from the 40s through the 60s (in the U.S. at least). It's similar to how "Oh Susannah" or "On Top Of Old Smokey" seem omnipresent in our history.

Could "The Baker Man" be one of the first tracks Brian worked a "Shortenin' Bread" groove into?
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: March 09, 2012, 02:14:07 PM »

Is there anywhere to legally get Oh Mi Amor & Message Man other buying the entire Itunes version of that Lucky Old Sun? It won't let you buy Oh Mi Amor & Message Man on there own.

No. The point of them being bonus tracks on the iTunes version of the album is to get you to buy the whole album there. They are not legitimately available elsewhere.

This also goes for Peace On Earth from In The Key Of Disney, amazon.com won't let me buy it because I'm in the UK and amazon.co.uk doesn't have it.

I think you're out of luck here, too.
ivy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: March 10, 2012, 11:12:45 PM »

I read in the Peter Ames Carlin book that Landy had Brian get some kind of facial surgery. Does anyone know more about this?
NatureShowInStereo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: March 10, 2012, 11:20:03 PM »

Quick question- Whatever happened with Brian and Marilyn? What's the story behind that? Did they ever try to get back together after Landy? Or was Brian all for Melinda by that time? What is Marilyn and Brian's relationship like now?

Kind of a noob question, so I asked it here.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2145 on: March 11, 2012, 01:31:49 AM »

I read in the Peter Ames Carlin book that Landy had Brian get some kind of facial surgery. Does anyone know more about this?

Yes - he was scheduled to have surgery on a fractured cheekbone, but the surgeon took one look at Brian's blood pressure, etc. and said "no way". The procedure (which was actually a minor facelift) was performed shortly thereafter, once Brian's system had settled down (i.e. when Landy stopped pumping him full of Thorazine).

Quick question- Whatever happened with Brian and Marilyn? What's the story behind that? Did they ever try to get back together after Landy? Or was Brian all for Melinda by that time? What is Marilyn and Brian's relationship like now?

Kind of a noob question, so I asked it here.

Brian & Marilyn were divorced in 1979, and the current relationship between them is, um, filtered through the existing circumstances. From speaking to Marilyn over the years, it's very clear that she still has huge affection for Brian.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 01:35:29 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

Jaspy
Smiley Smile Associate

That's not me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2146 on: March 11, 2012, 03:05:18 AM »

From speaking to Marilyn over the years, it's very clear that she still has huge affection for Brian.

And vice versa, the Larry King interview comes in mind.

Paulos
« Reply #2147 on: March 11, 2012, 04:35:07 AM »

Is there anywhere to legally get Oh Mi Amor & Message Man other buying the entire Itunes version of that Lucky Old Sun? It won't let you buy Oh Mi Amor & Message Man on there own.

No. The point of them being bonus tracks on the iTunes version of the album is to get you to buy the whole album there. They are not legitimately available elsewhere.

This also goes for Peace On Earth from In The Key Of Disney, amazon.com won't let me buy it because I'm in the UK and amazon.co.uk doesn't have it.

I think you're out of luck here, too.

Bah, bloody bonus tracks! Thanks for the response Wirestone, how about the PT Cruiser bonus tracks? From reading Andrews site I've found that this was an internet only release and I'm assuming it was direct from Al's site but I cannot find them anywhere.
NatureShowInStereo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: March 11, 2012, 08:16:12 AM »

From speaking to Marilyn over the years, it's very clear that she still has huge affection for Brian.

I've heard many references to this interview- is it available to watch online anywhere? I've searched for it before but came up with nothing (I'm always looking for BW stuff to watch).
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: March 11, 2012, 08:22:00 AM »

I've heard many references to this interview- is it available to watch online anywhere? I've searched for it before but came up with nothing (I'm always looking for BW stuff to watch).

A transcript (at least) of the 2004 interview: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0408/20/lkl.00.html

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 ... 286 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx