gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680955 Posts in 27623 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 10, 2024, 09:30:01 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Should this discussion be moved to the Sandbox?
Naahh, Beach Boys, SMiLE and drugs is as on-topic as can be - 99 (67.8%)
It's about time, I've requested this at least 20 pages back - 27 (18.5%)
Who cares, it isn't going to be released anyway - 11 (7.5%)
I don't like drugs and I don't like SMiLE, we might as well delete this discussion - 2 (1.4%)
The SMiLE music and drug use cloud this discussion - 7 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 138

Pages: 1 ... 298 299 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 307 308 ... 380 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SMiLE Sessions box set!  (Read 1741063 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #7550 on: October 24, 2011, 07:00:34 PM »

Man, I was hoping this wouldn't happen, now the wait is so much harder

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Bud Shaver
Smiley Smile Associate

Let Us Go On This Way

View Profile
« Reply #7551 on: October 24, 2011, 07:01:18 PM »

Am I a bad person for listening to all of the previews? Evil
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #7552 on: October 24, 2011, 07:05:45 PM »

Am I a bad person for listening to all of the previews? Evil

uh,

no!

Grin

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
alanjames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7553 on: October 24, 2011, 07:07:08 PM »

Wonderful version 2 is f****ng brilliant! Incredible!
This set really have so much new music!
Can't wait!
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #7554 on: October 24, 2011, 07:09:08 PM »

Hardened old cynic and curmudgeon that I am, when the box arrives I will spend maybe half an hour just sitting with it in my hands, unopened, looking at it... running my fingertips over it... hugging it to my chest now and then as I rock back and forth gently smiling, eyes closed. I will very probably weep a little with pure joy.

Because this is a day I never expected to see.  Smiley

Ronnie strikes again.  Grin

All Hail AGD: Moses of Smile-dom!

Grin

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
PhilCohen
« Reply #7555 on: October 24, 2011, 07:10:22 PM »

People being introduced to the music, people who don't own any "Smile" bootlegs(or few "Smile" bootlegs): these people will be delighted by the box set
........ but, to the avid collectors who have collected every circulating note of "Smile" music? Their responses will be mixed.

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #7556 on: October 24, 2011, 07:13:09 PM »

Oh My God, I FUC*ING LOVE TEETER TOTTER LOVE, it's really great actually Tongue

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #7557 on: October 24, 2011, 07:24:52 PM »

Oh My God, I FUC*ING LOVE TEETER TOTTER LOVE, it's really great actually Tongue

Ok, so it's been called "terrible" and "great"

Now I'm really excited to hear it

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #7558 on: October 24, 2011, 07:26:24 PM »

It's just so funny, it's amazing.

Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

There's a new daddy in town...

View Profile
« Reply #7559 on: October 24, 2011, 07:26:44 PM »

The Fender Rhodes version of Dada is gorgeous.

A discipline daddy.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7560 on: October 24, 2011, 07:33:18 PM »

People being introduced to the music, people who don't own any "Smile" bootlegs(or few "Smile" bootlegs): these people will be delighted by the box set
........ but, to the avid collectors who have collected every circulating note of "Smile" music? Their responses will be mixed.

Yeah, this arsehole is totally a troll. Please re-ban this moron!!
PhilCohen
« Reply #7561 on: October 24, 2011, 07:34:12 PM »

You've heard Vigotone's fan mix, Sea of Tunes' fan mix, my fan mix, Purple Chick's fan mix....and soon you'll hear Mark Linett's fan mix, but are any of them the "real" "Smile"?

Maybe there's no such thing as the "real" "Smile", but Mark Linett's interpretation gives us a few more products to add to our collections.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #7562 on: October 24, 2011, 07:34:33 PM »

The Fender Rhodes version of Dada is gorgeous.

I know right?

Wow, I thought that would spoil the box, all
It did was make me scream like a little boy arriving at Disney,
Then realizing he has to go back to the room for 5 days,
But then... Gets unleashed Smiley

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #7563 on: October 24, 2011, 07:35:02 PM »

Wasn't there supposed to be an itunes exclusive version?

I really wonder what happened to this; a lot of people get their music from itunes, and a new vintage Beach Boys album would surely get a lot of downloads.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7564 on: October 24, 2011, 07:36:11 PM »

I love how many of you already hate "Look" based on, what, 12 total seconds of vocals from a low quality MP3?

I think it all sounds great.

So you’re criticizing people for “hating” something based on 12 seconds, but it’s okay for you to form the opinion that it sounds great based on those same 12 seconds? You see how this sort of thing always goes both ways?

Putting aside the very low streaming quality and the fact that these are only 30 second snippets of each track, some thoughts on the stuff from the German page:

I don’t get it. Aren’t young kids in their bedrooms on a laptop using software to extract elements of audio like what was done to make a stereo GV recently? That could not have been done to isolate the vocals on the Humble Harv demo? I love how Andrew kept lecturing us about how Linett has professional equipment and stands at a clear advantage over fans, yet he didn’t isolate the vocals? How could he not have? Barnyard sounds...so bad. Wow. Talk about totally unnecessary additions. And the fly-in track totally drowns the backing track. The backing track sounds amazing though. I can’t believe how clear that shaker is.

Surf’s Up. Um, wow, are you all serious? That lead vocal is off time. Totally lagging. That just sounds like poor time stretching, not intentional syncopation. Every fan mix that i have heard has done a better job of flying in the vocals. I officially do not trust Linett’s ear. The trading off with Carl sounds surprisingly good, i think.  

Worms: I CANNOT believe they cross faded the rock, rock roll section with the bicycle rider section. Wow. Goodbye hard edits.

Look: Unbelievably unnecessary fly-ins. Why? Fear of instrumental pop music. The idea is actually so bad that it’s kind of great. What’s with the rough/bad edit/the hiss changing when the trumpet comes in?

I think flutter horn before and after H&V is a great idea.

Don't be eccentric, this is a BEACH BOYS forum, for God's sake!
PhilCohen
« Reply #7565 on: October 24, 2011, 07:36:40 PM »

All that I'm saying is that, based on the audio samples, some people will like the official product, and some people won't. That is undoubtedly true. Is it a crime to say that?
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7566 on: October 24, 2011, 07:36:55 PM »

He's stating what many of us have already said in the last 5 months.....and it is totally true. How is this trolling?

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7567 on: October 24, 2011, 07:37:26 PM »

"Teeter Totter Love", what the heck was Brian thinking? LOL
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 07:42:37 PM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7568 on: October 24, 2011, 07:37:40 PM »

You've heard Vigotone's fan mix, Sea of Tunes' fan mix, my fan mix, Purple Chick's fan mix....and soon you'll hear Mark Linett's fan mix, but are any of them the "real" "Smile"?

Maybe there's no such thing as the "real" "Smile", but Mark Linett's interpretation gives us a few more products to add to our collections.

Hey d*ckhead, were Sea of Tunes of Purple Chick authorized and given the thumbs up by the artist, Brian Wilson? Was the Phil Cohen version? Nope. So guess facking what?!? This is it baby!
GeorgeFellInHisHorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7569 on: October 24, 2011, 07:38:29 PM »

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7570 on: October 24, 2011, 07:40:15 PM »

He's stating what many of us have already said in the last 5 months.....and it is totally true. How is this trolling?

Because he's Phil Cohen and he lives to just be an downer. He has some odd interest in not giving this release credit. I don't think he's said ONE positive word about the entire release. And I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure NONE of those bootlegs had the breadth of sessions or as nice and clean versions of "Child Is Father Of The Man" or "Holidays".
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7571 on: October 24, 2011, 07:40:31 PM »

Hey skull of Dick Reising, were Sea of Tunes of Purple Chick authorized and given the thumbs up by the artist, Brian Wilson? Was the Phil Cohen version? Nope. So guess friggin' what?!? This is it baby!

Brian also gave the thumbs up to his recorded album called SMiLE. So which one is it? TSS or SMiLE? Roll Eyes

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7572 on: October 24, 2011, 07:41:28 PM »

I'd say both. And there's no problem with that.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7573 on: October 24, 2011, 07:42:54 PM »

Also, calling AGD....we need you here to combat the stupidity of Cohen!
theCOD
« Reply #7574 on: October 24, 2011, 07:43:10 PM »

THIS IS JUST A DREAM Brian's Trip

Here's my own theory: some will buy it, and some won't. Thoughts?
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 307 308 ... 380 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx