-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 12:44:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Exodus Part Three: The Resign Thread + The Long Version Of What Happened
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Exodus Part Three: The Resign Thread + The Long Version Of What Happened  (Read 61494 times)
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2006, 06:57:58 PM »

and just to prove I can be fair, if IF IF the female in question is who I think it COULD be, the avatar itself could be considered provocative...

I don't remember having any issues with her avatars, but I could be mistaken.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Octave Doctor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2006, 07:00:36 PM »

The people that are leaving now have probably wanted to leave for a while, in favor of the oh-so-elite new non-Smile-related Smile Shop (hilarious that the name was never changed.) They're using this as an excuse. Ian in particular, he loves to ridicule this place on "The Shop." There has been a lot of anti-Smiley board sentiment on the Shop since its inception, probably stemming from Jon & John's being "pissed" (as Jon has finally admitted) about Chuck's refusal to allow the community here to die or be assimilated into the new non-BB-related "Smile Shop."

What I see happening here (and is evident in Jon's post) is an electronic lynching of Chuck, fueled by past animosities. I have read nothing that I feel is improper action on Chuck's part, and am left instead with a lousy view of Laurie.

For what it's worth, Chuck, you have my full support. What is happening to you is wrong, and people will eventually figure it out. The ones that won't aren't worth worrying about anyway.
theCOD
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2006, 07:03:48 PM »

The more I read about this situation the more unsure I am about it.

It makes me a little skeptical when two people, who have been posting on these message boards for years, just out of the blue start harassing the same woman.

This does not sound right to me at all.  I will continue posting at both boards as long as I'm welcome.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2006, 07:06:50 PM »

And Posts: 7 and Posts: 8, have fun.

90% of the major-volume posters have de-registered in one day. And it's all a witch-hunt. Sure.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2006, 07:09:15 PM »

Some of you kids take this sh*t way too seriously.

Everyone needs to relax. Chuck, I recommend that you just close this thread down and just let it be. Everyone should move on, and get back to talkin about music and all the good things in life. All this random bickering isnt going to solve anything and is only going to escalate again.

I thoroughly enjoy the SS board, Ive gotten to chat with plenty of amazing people, Ive learnd a ton of info about the BB, and best of all I got to speak to someone I regard highly in the audio engineering world.

So please, everyone, light up, guzzle down, throw on your favorite record and just relax.

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
scooter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2006, 07:11:00 PM »

if by "Laurie" you mean "LaurieArleen",then I might, I said might owe Charles an apology..."Provocative" is in the eye of the beholder...And I DO appreciate the fact that the Christian inside him has kept a fairly low profile,'til now...

I know a lot and I know there's a lot I don't know
Jeff Mason
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2006, 07:14:51 PM »

now I have to decide whether I should stay or not...THE LAST THING I NEED TO HEAR ABOUT IS A SUPPOSEDLY CHRISTIAN MAN BEHAVING LIKE JIM BAKER or JIMMY SWAGGERT...Let me guess, God told you she really wants it...

This is exactly why I felt the need to say what I said.  Now we have people believing I have sexually harassed someone.  Now, as I told Jeff Mason, we are actively attempting to turn me into Professor Part II.  And I will not have it.  

As for "supposedly Christian man,"  Christians were not sinless and perfect last time I checked.  But if I'm going to be accused of a sin, make it factual.

Josh, you get hypocritical post #2, since this one calls me by name.

Charles, you absolutely right that we aren't perfect.  But we also need to be humble and admit when we are wrong.  I have lain at your feet one undeniable sin that you have not responded to -- gossip.  For those who don't know, Charles went to the Smile Shop and implored people there to tell him why Andy Paley had a falling out with Brian Wilson because he knew someone there knew why, and wanted the juice so he could add it to his timeline.  It was made very clear that this was wrong and he persisted.  This was the beginning of my departure from this board.

As to the current events, the jokes and the PMs, my comments have little or nothing to do with what may have happened between you and the lady or whatever.  In the jokes, you justified your behavior by saying that everyone in the Sandbox needed to bring up their posts from the gutter or some such thing immediately after a half-hearted apology that never admitted that the jokes were truly in poor taste.  And in the PMs, you showed no compassion or humility.  Regardless of whether the lady's accusations are wrong or right, to bring our mutual faith into this, Jesus commands us to always take the high road of love into every situation, and I saw no love but bitterness in the words I read in those PMs.  And they matched the PMs you sent me for attitude, as you alluded to the PMs above we exchanged, so I see no reason to think that they weren't the actual words you wrote.  You are more concerned for your reputation than the heart of someone else regardless of what you think of her and that isn't right.  So my objections are strictly factual and have not been rebutted in the slightest.  And I have been consistent in my stance whereever I have posted, so I am not saying anything to anyone else I wouldn't at this point say to you.
Evenreven
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2006, 07:16:42 PM »

What I see happening here (and is evident in Jon's post) is an electronic lynching of Chuck, fueled by past animosities. I have read nothing that I feel is improper action on Chuck's part, and am left instead with a lousy view of Laurie.
Why do you think that is? He deleted all the threads.
Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2006, 07:17:47 PM »

And Posts: 7 and Posts: 8, have fun.

90% of the major-volume posters have deregistered in one day. And it's all a witch-hunt. Sure.

This is not a cut or criticism, but I would emphasize major VOLUME.  The person who has posted only 8 messages here is not less valuable than the person who posted 2000 messages, along with a slew of off topic messages.

This may change, but I don't see much change in the activity outside this forum.  Which is as it should be.

Ian, thank you for posting Jon's reply here.  I wish I had the opportunity to respond directly, but the choice has been made to exclude me from a board where I've become a topic of conversation.  And that's a shame.

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2006, 07:21:20 PM »

Ha. I think even Charles would agree that the accusations made are plenty worthy of serious consideration.

Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2006, 07:22:14 PM »

This may change, but I don't see much change in the activity outside this forum.  Which is as it should be.

It's funny. If this were a few months back I would've been totally oblivious to all of this because I was mainly interested in the BBoys talk.  I wonder how the people who mainly stay in that section view these happenings here.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
scooter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2006, 07:31:10 PM »

in America a man is innocent until PROVEN guilty...innocent men go to jail and guilty  men go free,consider this the beginnig of an apology...Still, in this day and age one has to be ESPECIALLY careful...for instance-what was called discipline when I was a kid is called child abuse now...what was called flirting is sometimes called harassment...

Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2006, 07:35:39 PM »

Charles, you absolutely right that we aren't perfect.  But we also need to be humble and admit when we are wrong.  I have lain at your feet one undeniable sin that you have not responded to -- gossip.  For those who don't know, Charles went to the Smile Shop and implored people there to tell him why Andy Paley had a falling out with Brian Wilson because he knew someone there knew why, and wanted the juice so he could add it to his time-line.  It was made very clear that this was wrong and he persisted.  This was the beginning of my departure from this board.

Actually, I went to the Smile Shop because I knew that someone who claimed to know the true story behind Andy Paley leaving 1) insisted it was so super personal no one else could know, and 2) was at that board telling others this deeply personal story.  I went there, not for gossip, but the truth.  My actual belief is if it's a deeply personal secret of Andy Paley's, then it's not likely anyone really knows it and the person claiming to know this fact is full of it.  Before we get on our high horse, it should be made clear, the people who say it's wrong for others to ask about it are the ones claiming to tell each other this supposed secret.

So there you go.  I'm guilty of attempting to piece together the truth behind BW/AP and BB reunions. 

And, as for me being more concerned about my reputation than humility or love, I've done my best to be loving and humble concerning all this for what I believe is about two years.  I could not be honestly loving and continue to allow the misrepresentations to continue.  Painful as it might have been to write or to read, I believe someone had to say "enough."
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 07:41:04 PM by Charles LePage » Logged

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2006, 07:38:21 PM »

in America a man is innocent until PROVEN guilty...

People here are judging based on statements from Charles that we've read.
I could print them, but I won't, that'd be wrong.

2) was at that board telling others this deeply personal story.

Talk about rumors.

person claiming to know this fact is full of it.

I lived two doors away from Paley. And the story was corraborated by two BB authorities who you would not remotely question.

the people who say it's wrong for others to ask about it are the ones claiming to tell each other this supposed secret.

Uhhhh, what?

Jeff Mason
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2006, 07:40:30 PM »

Charles, you absolutely right that we aren't perfect.  But we also need to be humble and admit when we are wrong.  I have lain at your feet one undeniable sin that you have not responded to -- gossip.  For those who don't know, Charles went to the Smile Shop and implored people there to tell him why Andy Paley had a falling out with Brian Wilson because he knew someone there knew why, and wanted the juice so he could add it to his timeline.  It was made very clear that this was wrong and he persisted.  This was the beginning of my departure from this board.

Actually, I went to the Smile Shop because I knew that someone who claimed to know the true story behind Andy Paley leaving 1) insisted it was so super personal no one else could know, and 2) was at that board telling others this deeply personal story.  I went there, not for gossip, but the truth.  My actual belief is if it's a deeply personal secret of Andy Paley's, then it's not likely anyone really knows it and the person claiming to know this fact is full of it.  Before we get on our high horse, it should be made clear, the people who say it's wrong for others to ask about it are the ones claiming to tell each other this supposed secret.

So there you go.  I'm guilty of attempting to piece together the truth behind BW/AP and BB reunions.  

And that person just posted about this very thing at the Smile Shop.  He said he talked about #2 above all right -- in his personal private messages to someone else that you opened up and read.  In fact, this person said that he posted that PM just to prove that you were reading his PMs and that he never had any intention of telling anyone anything.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2006, 07:46:01 PM »

Susan. Please come to the Smile Shop for a sec.

Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2006, 07:47:06 PM »

And that person just posted about this very thing at the Smile Shop.  He said he talked about #2 above all right -- in his personal private messages to someone else that you opened up and read.  In fact, this person said that he posted that PM just to prove that you were reading his PMs and that he never had any intention of telling anyone anything.

Yet another old complaint.  I remember when Jon Hunt was unhappy, right after the Professor incident, that I didn't learn sooner how to read people's private messages.   Then it became this outrage, 'he can read our private messages?  outrageous!'  Now people actually post their OWN private messages to "prove" what they claim to already know, that I read their private messages. 

Again, I wasn't looking for gossip, I was looking for the truth.  And if there really is a behind the scenes story on Andy Paley and Brian Wilson, apparently it's going to be kept in the inner circle of BB fandom, along with the unbooted songs that only a select few get to hear.

Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2006, 07:47:56 PM »

Susan. Please come to the Smile Shop for a sec.

Yes, we've got to tell you something Charles can't read.  *yawn*

Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2006, 07:50:04 PM »

in America a man is innocent until PROVEN guilty...

People here are judging based on statements from Charles that we've read.
I could print them, but I won't, that'd be wrong.

Since I didn't say not to post them, were you told by the other party not to?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 07:55:43 PM by Charles LePage » Logged

Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2006, 07:53:30 PM »

Everyone needs to relax. Chuck, I recommend that you just close this thread down and just let it be. Everyone should move on, and get back to talkin about music and all the good things in life. All this random bickering isnt going to solve anything and is only going to escalate again.

Good advice, and eventually, this will be locked down.  Just a little bit longer and we should be done.

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2006, 07:54:00 PM »

Do you or do you not read Private Messages from members of the board in the interest of moderation?

Why?

it wouldn't matter to you.

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2006, 07:55:00 PM »

Good advice, and eventually, this will be locked down.

The Sandbox  The place for off-topic, unmoderated, uncensored conversations. 

Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2006, 07:56:45 PM »

The Sandbox  The place for off-topic, unmoderated, uncensored conversations. 

Yep-- I made that change for you, Ian, and we see what good came of that.

scooter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2006, 07:57:02 PM »

I guess the biggest problem with any bulletin board is that it's run by, visited by, and used by human beings...And you know how nutty the human race is...judging by my dog's behavior, there is lunacy in the animal kingdom, too...

Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2006, 07:57:45 PM »

Why?

it wouldn't matter to you.

If it didn't matter to me, I wouldn't have asked.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: