gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680996 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 14, 2024, 06:07:20 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Carl Wilson Video  (Read 5402 times)
GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2016, 09:30:06 PM »

Don't know if this has been posted anywhere else yet, and it should really go in the media section, but here's a short vid John Stamos posted on his ig account today with the late great Carl Wilson:  https://www.instagram.com/p/BCN1ulsCh4S/?taken-by=johnstamos

Maybe seeing Carl's smile can bring some much needed Love & Mercy to this board...
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 09:35:34 PM »

very very cool.  wow a real smile  Grin
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 02:37:44 AM »

Would bring a smile to DW...
bb4ever
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 05:09:56 AM »

That smile really DOES light up the room and hopefully this message room as well!  If Carl liked Stamos, I guess I can try to get on board with that.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 07:22:57 AM »

Don't know if this has been posted anywhere else yet, and it should really go in the media section, but here's a short vid John Stamos posted on his ig account today with the late great Carl Wilson:  https://www.instagram.com/p/BCN1ulsCh4S/?taken-by=johnstamos

Maybe seeing Carl's smile can bring some much needed Love & Mercy to this board...
Thanks for that!   Love

Wonder if there is a whole clip out there of the song? 
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 08:16:42 AM »

very cool.  That is the kind of stuff we need more of...

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 10:25:19 AM »

Carl!!

Love  w00t!
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 10:28:30 AM »

God I wish Carl was around today. Cry
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2016, 10:32:41 AM »

I wish I could've cuddled Carl's face, too  Cry

Is that creepy?
The 4th Wilson Bro.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2016, 12:41:05 PM »

A couple of years ago, Stamos posted a video that featured Carl but also had Al and a few other guys.  Carl was playing an acoustic guitar as they rehearsed a familiar Beach Boys tune in a very informal setting.  For the life of me, I can't recall what song it was, but I do remember the harmony was beautiful.  Can anyone help me remember the song?

YouTube pulled the video after a few months and I haven't been able to find it since.
Christoph
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 01:57:36 PM »

A couple of years ago, Stamos posted a video that featured Carl but also had Al and a few other guys.  Carl was playing an acoustic guitar as they rehearsed a familiar Beach Boys tune in a very informal setting.  For the life of me, I can't recall what song it was, but I do remember the harmony was beautiful.  Can anyone help me remember the song?

YouTube pulled the video after a few months and I haven't been able to find it since.

That was Forever as well, sadly the video seems to be gone… I remember Carl jokingly asking if they were supposed to "aah" or "ooh" at the end of the chorus.

The 4th Wilson Bro.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2016, 02:37:22 PM »

That was Forever as well, sadly the video seems to be gone… I remember Carl jokingly asking if they were supposed to "aah" or "ooh" at the end of the chorus.

You're absolutely right, Christoph.  The last sentence of your post brought it all back.  And the video was great, though much too brief.
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2016, 02:42:15 PM »

I hope Carl knew how much Beach Boys fans love him, I feel like in many ways its only become clear in the internet age. Its crazy to think of how different the dynamic of the whole band is without him. He was literally the glue that held everything together.
The 4th Wilson Bro.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2016, 02:56:32 PM »

I hope Carl knew how much Beach Boys fans love him, I feel like in many ways its only become clear in the internet age. Its crazy to think of how different the dynamic of the whole band is without him. He was literally the glue that held everything together.

What's fascinating to me is trying to guess how things would be today if Carl were still with us.  Would the Beach Boys be Mike, Bruce and Carl (I somehow doubt it)? Would the BBs be Brian, Carl, Al and maybe David?  Or would the band consist of all the original members (minus Dennis, of course)?
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2016, 03:12:56 PM »

What's fascinating to me is trying to guess how things would be today if Carl were still with us.  Would the Beach Boys be Mike, Bruce and Carl (I somehow doubt it)? Would the BBs be Brian, Carl, Al and maybe David?  Or would the band consist of all the original members (minus Dennis, of course)?

I can't even imagine how different it would be, the groups might not have even splintered properly. I'm sure Al would still be there, and maybe Brian would be in and out of the band whenever he pleased. Would Brian even have achieved the same huge level of critical acclaim and notoriety thats came his way since the early 00's?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 03:14:01 PM by SamMcK » Logged
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2016, 07:45:57 PM »

What's fascinating to me is trying to guess how things would be today if Carl were still with us.  Would the Beach Boys be Mike, Bruce and Carl (I somehow doubt it)? Would the BBs be Brian, Carl, Al and maybe David?  Or would the band consist of all the original members (minus Dennis, of course)?
Carl, Mike. Al and Bruce would still be together, touring once a year - although not as much as today's Beach Boys; Mike would have his Endless Summer Beach Band for all the SeaWorld and county fair shows.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2016, 07:48:35 PM »

What's fascinating to me is trying to guess how things would be today if Carl were still with us.  Would the Beach Boys be Mike, Bruce and Carl (I somehow doubt it)? Would the BBs be Brian, Carl, Al and maybe David?  Or would the band consist of all the original members (minus Dennis, of course)?

I can't even imagine how different it would be, the groups might not have even splintered properly. I'm sure Al would still be there, and maybe Brian would be in and out of the band whenever he pleased. Would Brian even have achieved the same huge level of critical acclaim and notoriety thats came his way since the early 00's?
Brian would continue to appear occasionally, as he did in the 80's and 90's. I'm not sure what you mean about the huge level of critical acclaim for Brian in the 00's, though; he was already acknowledged as a musical genius in the mid 60's; most of the critical acclaim in recent years has been for the work he did in the 60's. His solo albums have received mixed reviews at best.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2016, 07:58:08 PM »

Great video. Stamos is a lucky guy, and he knows it. Carl ruled.

Is it just me, or does Carl's head look huge compared to Stamos' head? Maybe it's just the angle.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2016, 07:59:21 PM »

You are right on all counts.
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2016, 08:05:06 PM »

Brian would continue to appear occasionally, as he did in the 80's and 90's. I'm not sure what you mean about the huge level of critical acclaim for Brian in the 00's, though; he was already acknowledged as a musical genius in the mid 60's; most of the critical acclaim in recent years has been for the work he did in the 60's. His solo albums have received mixed reviews at best.
I get that, but I kind of feel like a lot more acclaim has come Brian's way, especially since his solo version of SMiLE got released. I know he's always been respected in the music industry but it feels like he is getting a higher level of recognition from the public now, although you're right that it is definitely based on his past work. (Some examples I can think of include Love & Mercy, BBC's God Only Knows single and the rapturous reception of both SMiLE releases)
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx