gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681106 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 23, 2024, 04:56:06 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Northernmost BB concert?  (Read 2616 times)
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2009, 03:37:21 AM »

On July 3 this year the Beach Boys will play in Piteå, Sweden. Since Piteå is located at 65°19′N, would this be the northernmost location for a BB gig ever? They've played in Fairbanks, Alaska, right? That's 64°50′N.

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 05:56:29 AM »

What about Helsinki, Finland? Is that lower?
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 07:55:44 AM »

"Saturn has rings all around it" now how would Brian know to write a lyric like that , have the BB's played there  LOL
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 10:27:21 AM »

What about Helsinki, Finland? Is that lower?
Only about 500 miles. Smiley

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 11:02:03 AM »

Actually it looks like the July gig just maybe the most Northernmost one they have done.
What an interesting thread for all those who enjoy their geography  Wink

I recall that they played Reykjavik  Iceland in November 2004 (After the UK Tour) and i have checked it out (how sad) and its co-ordinates are 64 8' N , that would therefore place it in 3rd place
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 11:36:11 AM »

Didn't they play for Santa Claus at the North Pole right before he went on vacation to Kokomo?!! Grin Grin

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 12:27:58 PM »

Actually it looks like the July gig just maybe the most Northernmost one they have done.
What an interesting thread for all those who enjoy their geography  Wink

I recall that they played Reykjavik  Iceland in November 2004 (After the UK Tour) and i have checked it out (how sad) and its co-ordinates are 64 8' N , that would therefore place it in 3rd place
Rob, that is not sad at all - this stuff is importantGrin Actually, I didn't think about Iceland. Interesting that it's so close North-wise.

Didn't they play for Santa Claus at the North Pole right before he went on vacation to Kokomo?!! Grin Grin
Darn it, that'll be a tough one to beat!

ReggieDunbar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 02:26:03 AM »

Fall Breaks...
Are you going to Piteå or Töreboda?
(better keep it in English)

//Henrik i Karlstad

The pine-scented air smells so good in the snow, in our toboggan well go
screaming down the mountainside. The touch of your cheeks when theyre rosy and cold, feels so cozy to hold. Just to take you close and make you warm and...
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 02:39:53 AM »

Fall Breaks...
Are you going to Piteå or Töreboda?
(better keep it in English)

//Henrik i Karlstad
Piteå. Way after I'd got the tickets, and planned a accompanying vacation trip up North, the Töreboda show was announced. That would've been somewhat nearer... How about you?

/ Martin, Uppsala

shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 02:50:44 AM »

So Mike & Bruce are finally flying to the European mainland again and they're leaving it at two shows in Sweden? A show in Holland or Belgium would be nice... Or western Germany or northern France, even...
ReggieDunbar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 11:48:47 AM »

Going to Töreboda! Americas Band on 4th of July!

//Henrik

The pine-scented air smells so good in the snow, in our toboggan well go
screaming down the mountainside. The touch of your cheeks when theyre rosy and cold, feels so cozy to hold. Just to take you close and make you warm and...
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx