gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680994 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 13, 2024, 06:03:53 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fendertones Tribute band  (Read 14755 times)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2007, 03:49:00 PM »

Pretty damn good.  Shocked

http://www.fendertones.com/

The Fendertones is a group of musician friends and family that has been performing together in one form or another since the 60s.
Recently the Fendertones staged a series of benefit shows featuring the music of Brian Wilson and The Beach Boys. No details were spared to recreate the sounds of the original recordings. Using period correct instruments, the music featured everything from marimbas and accordians to horns and strings...the keyboardist even built what is most likely the only exact replica of Paul Tanner's electro-Theremin that he played on the original “Good Vibrations”...and many of your favorite sci-fi movies!
All of this came together as an incredible show of sight and sound in a tribute to America’s greatest band!
Enjoy the clips and be sure to contact us if you have any questions or comments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShnDmOJUB6c

Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 04:04:43 PM »

Yeah, they are doing a real good job.

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 06:53:26 PM »

I was thinking on listening that its what Brians band could sound like if he sacked his lead vocalist.  Grin
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 03:47:50 PM »

Wow!  Saw the Fendertones videos on You Tube.  I am incredibly impressed!  I'd love to see a DVD or get a CD of the entire performance.  Do The Fendertones tour on a regular basis?
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 09:28:10 PM »

The guitar sound is pretty good. I don't like the vocals, though. And so many singers, my god.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 06:37:58 PM »

A lot of singers but I guess they are after the album multi vocal sound.

Looks like a charity gig here but what does a covers band have to pay, if anything, to the powers that be to sing and make money playing BB songs?

We read Mike still pays Brian for the use of the songs in concert but does Brian also pay Mike in return?

Also just wondering why with all the hoo-ha over Al using the BB name, several tribute acts have 'Beach Boys' in their title with no problems?
Marcella
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 08:47:09 PM »

Just discovered these guys and this thread deserved a bump for those that have not yet discovered this unbelievable BB tribute band. Wish they would tour or at the very least release an official CD or DVD, their YouTube videos are incredible and worth a listen. I believe the fendertones web address given in the OP is no longer in use
bachelorofbullets
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 06:55:50 AM »

I've been watching their videos for years they are amazing.  Judging by their you tube reactions I'm sure they would be successful performing live, but they have only done charity concerts.  I would imagine they reached out to the beach boys and were told no. 
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 07:58:03 AM »

They're stunning - and a great way to turn skeptics on to the band (he says from experience).

There take on Monkey's Uncle is almost better than the original (and I love the original!!)

Kayla Williams does really nice covers also - see I Went To Sleep and She's Goin' Bald on YouTube. 
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx