gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680996 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 13, 2024, 09:32:51 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian / Talking Heads anecdote  (Read 2108 times)
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: October 17, 2012, 11:31:08 PM »

So tonight I attended a Q&A with Tina Weymouth and Chris Frantz of the Talking Heads, about the Talking Heads concert film Stop Making Sense. I'll try to present the information in the way it was described by Weymouth and Frantz.

They mentioned that during one of the three nights of filming (December 1983 at the Pantages Theater in Hollywood), Byrne had invited Robbie Robertson to see the show from backstage. He came with Peter Gabriel. However, their presence was ignored when Brian walked in, with Dr. Landy. Tina Weymouth was standing the corner, not wanting to talk to anyone, but then Brian said "I want to say hi to Tina," which was apparently an awkward moment.

I wish I could've explained that better, it was really funny when the told they story earlier today. But at least it's cool to note that Brian was a fan of the Talking Heads and that he was present for the filming of Stop Making Sense.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 08:00:32 AM »

What a coincidence, I'm actually going to see Jerry Harrison and his band play at my school tonight.

doing
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 11:09:28 AM »

I've got David Byrne tied up in my basement right now!! Somebody make some calls, we've got a reunion to force!!
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 01:18:08 PM »

I've got David Byrne tied up in my basement right now!! Somebody make some calls, we've got a reunion to force!!

I bet he's thinking, "HOW DID I GET HERE?"

puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 10:54:18 AM »

Holy sh*t.
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 11:01:30 AM »

I'm glad hes tied up , as that 'Psycho Killer' may start 'Burning Down The House'  LOL

PS The Talking Heads are a great band
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 11:02:42 AM by Rob Dean » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx