gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680894 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 04, 2024, 09:31:01 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Background vocalists on In My Room  (Read 3264 times)
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2015, 09:27:07 PM »

Planning to see the Darlene Love Holiday show this Christmas I reviewed her discography and it says she did vocals on In My Room.     this is news to me but it is mentioned in her bio discography.     News to me....how about you........especially those who keep detailed records of recording sessions?      We often hear about session musicians but how about session vocalists?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 09:44:14 PM »

I remember a discussion here a while back...basically she's full of it.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 10:43:49 PM »

Planning to see the Darlene Love Holiday show this Christmas I reviewed her discography and it says she did vocals on In My Room.     this is news to me but it is mentioned in her bio discography.     News to me....how about you........especially those who keep detailed records of recording sessions?      We often hear about session musicians but how about session vocalists?
If you searched by key words "darlene room" instead of starting new topic, you'd find this: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,14876.0.html

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 01:06:21 AM »

Just my opinion, Darlene Love is an angel walking the earth, if she says she sang on In My Room i'm going to smile and nod my head, like I do when my crazy Grandma starts talking about how she's going to learn to use the computer. 

SBonilla
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 06:18:51 AM »

That's a harsh thing to say.

I think it's entirely possible she sang on Nancy Sinatra's IN MY ROOM (not the same song) and for whatever reason  the Beach Boys name was attached to it.
Listen to that track.

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 07:22:07 AM »

Sorry, but that's pretty whack. As far as I can tell, the only voices on In My Room are these 5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV-dWhYklqE
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 07:30:12 AM »

If you searched by key words "darlene room" instead of starting new topic, you'd find this: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,14876.0.html

forgot about looking there first.    In fact, I posted on that in 2014:).     but I have been rereading her bio prior to going to her Xmas show this year and had just read the IMR claim and immediately picked up my I Pad to ask you guys......
Sorry about the redundant thread,  cause I know how some of you just hate that Roll Eyes
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2015, 07:40:08 AM »

I think it's entirely possible she sang on Nancy Sinatra's IN MY ROOM (not the same song) and for whatever reason  the Beach Boys name was attached to it.
Listen to that track.

Claims she sang on BBs "In My Room".

She didn't. There is a girl called Love on that track, but she's not singing.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 07:40:52 AM »

Mike Love?Huh Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Bill M
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 07:57:31 AM »

Listen to that track.

Did Mike's sister play the harp?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 08:16:35 AM »

Still does... Smiley

AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2015, 08:17:13 AM »

Listen to that track.

Did Mike's sister play the harp?

Yep. Maureen Love played harp on that and on Catch A Wave.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
LeeDempsey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2015, 08:27:39 AM »

Perhaps Ms. Love's records show a date for an unspecified Capitol Records recording of "In My Room" -- as in this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQKkvwqvRtQ

Released May, 1964, recorded in L.A., and definitely features female background singers.

I can't count the number of times that I've been thumbing through a stack of records, and seen that orange and yellow Capitol swirl label with "In My Room (Wilson / Usher)" at the top, only to look further down and see Jody Miller's name on it...

Lee
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 08:32:48 AM by LeeDempsey » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2015, 09:13:50 AM »

Just had a brief word with Someone Who Would Know: seems the only woman at the BB "IMR" session was white and played a harp...

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2015, 09:41:39 AM »

Perhaps Ms. Love's records show a date for an unspecified Capitol Records recording of "In My Room" -- as in this one:

Released May, 1964, recorded in L.A., and definitely features female background singers.

I can't count the number of times that I've been thumbing through a stack of records, and seen that orange and yellow Capitol swirl label with "In My Room (Wilson / Usher)" at the top, only to look further down and see Jody Miller's name on it...

Lee
I think this is a good suggestion. It might not even be based on her records. It may well be that her memory tells her she was in the studio at Capitol singing to a backing track called "In My Room". Later, a BB recording of obviously the same song was released by Capitol and she thought, "Ah yes, I worked on that." Doesn't think about it further, but now that's lodged in her mind.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2015, 09:46:56 AM »

"In Mr Room" was released September 1963.  Cheesy

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2015, 09:49:58 AM »

"In Mr Room" was released September 1963.  Cheesy
Wow. That early? OK. Well... uhh... so much for that attempt to guess what she's thinking.  Huh
Maybe she was in Antarctica from Nov '63 - May '64.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 09:54:19 AM by Emily » Logged
Bill Ed
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2015, 02:59:34 PM »

Lee

I really like this video, for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdMISGruB0Q
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx