gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681033 Posts in 27628 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 17, 2024, 10:46:25 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New stereo SMiLE mixes of my 1967 Mix and BWPS Mix  (Read 457 times)
soniclovenoize
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: April 01, 2024, 02:56:06 AM »

Hey folks.  Just posted a March 2024 upgrade to my 1967 SMiLE Mix, and my BWPS Mix, for those that are interested (for listening pleasure, or simply gutting it to use in your own mixes)...

MP3:   https://mega.nz/file/es81SRwb#7mNSstZIM6hVUTVF4cJ4Vhho4PVNuK_1ErKw5u_g3J8
FLAC:  https://mega.nz/file/L0VmzJ5Q#UX_qf2IYnZxAkYFlqAYg2M56KxeptcKicuWJ7m-20CQ

I think of interest for you folks...
- complete stereo mix of the Cantina version of H&V.  Particularly the verses (which otherwise only existed in the mono acetate source), in which the bass and vocal is centered, the backing vocals panned right, and the rest is panned to the left.  And yes, as some observed in my previous Hitsville Mix, the "tape Epxlosion" part is in stereo too!  Wink
- complete stereo mix of "Wonderful"!  Brian's vocal centered, bass centered, harpsichord panned left, backing vocals right.  imo crystal clear. 
- complete stereo rebuild of Mark Linnet's 1993 "Vege-Tables" mix, otherwise only in mono.  This was also on my Hitsville Mix. 
- new stereo mix of "I'm in Shape Shape", with a new sync of Brian's vocal and the backing track.  Two separate iterations of it, the 67 version (with Brian singing along with the instruments) and the BWPS (with sound elements being added as the song progresses, and the tape explosion happening like four bars later iirc)
- new stereo mix of "Barnyard".  Really tried to get this one expansive and cohesive; it's not perfect, but I think it's pretty good.  New sync of Brian's vocal, centered with the bass, isolated backing vocals panned right, drums, guitar and animal noises panned to the left. 

Also, for those folks who think the BWPS sequence is the sequence of SMiLE, then for this I really tried to match it as close as possible as an all-Beach Boys version of that version of SMiLE. 

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2024, 03:12:56 AM »

Nice work Jesse. (as usual)

Thanks for sharing.  3D
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2024, 01:32:41 AM »

Thank you so much, this is fantastic

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx