gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681083 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 22, 2024, 07:03:43 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why do you hate Mike Love?  (Read 168458 times)
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #825 on: August 16, 2015, 01:06:05 PM »

If Mike read this thread he'd see his SSB PR Director, and his minions, have failed miserably.  Hopefully, he take many of the comments to heart and stop making passive aggressive/anti-Wilson comments in his interviews.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 01:47:26 PM by OregonRiverRider » Logged

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Peter Reum
Honored Guest

Serving fine tortillas since 1965

View Profile
« Reply #826 on: August 16, 2015, 01:31:00 PM »

I don't hate Mike Love. Life is too short to hate people.  People  who are worth hating are so much more evil.

If it runs amuck, call the duck
SurferDownUnder
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: August 16, 2015, 06:37:50 PM »

Why is this still open? What is the aim here?
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: August 16, 2015, 08:34:05 PM »

The horse hasn't been properly flogged.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Komera
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: August 16, 2015, 08:40:06 PM »

Wow, I disappear for a couple of days and this thread gains about ten pages.

I have no intention of going back and reading those pages.  Just commenting on how popular this thread's been in my absence.

~~ The MeAjur Komera Waddi ~~
SurferDownUnder
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #830 on: August 16, 2015, 08:43:14 PM »

How did this really get to 34 pages? I stopped at 5... This debate can't possibly have anything new  Roll Eyes
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: August 16, 2015, 09:20:05 PM »

The horse hasn't been properly flogged.

Now that's funny! LOL
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 12:16:25 AM by OregonRiverRider » Logged

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #832 on: August 16, 2015, 11:53:31 PM »

If Mike read this thread he'd see his SSB PR Director, and his minions, have failed miserably.  Hopefully, he take many of the comments to heart and stop making passive aggressive/anti-Wilson comments in his interviews.

The sight and sound of deeply misguided posters digging the hole even deeper is one that never fails to gladden my heart and lift my spirits.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: August 17, 2015, 12:13:30 AM »

The sight and sound of deeply misguided posters digging the hole even deeper is one that never fails to gladden my heart and lift my spirits.
So you finally cracked Andy. You simply have no sense of humor. As Mike's man on the Board, you are doing a piss poor job.               LOL  LOL  LOL
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 12:16:57 AM by OregonRiverRider » Logged

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #834 on: August 17, 2015, 12:22:05 AM »

You keep thinkin' Butch, that's what you're good at. Grin

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: August 17, 2015, 12:37:14 AM »

You keep thinkin' Butch, that's what you're good at. Grin

This is fun. Maybe we can set a record and make the "Why do you hate Mike Love" thread the longest in Board history.

Maybe some posters might even start posting about their real life experiences with Mr. Mike. As some of us know, the real life ML is vastly different than what he'd like us all to believe.

Anyway, thanks for keeping the thread going Andy.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #836 on: August 17, 2015, 01:41:55 AM »

Not gonna happen: current champeen is the "insignificant questions" thread, 230 pages and counting. Which is where this rightly belongs, btw.

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: August 17, 2015, 01:53:22 AM »

Well, in the meantime, we can do justice to this thread by analyzing Mike Love: the man, the myth, the legend Grin
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 02:11:06 AM by OregonRiverRider » Logged

Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #838 on: August 17, 2015, 03:45:56 AM »

Well, in the meantime, we can do justice to this thread by analyzing Mike Love: the man, the myth, the legend Grin

His overpowering need to sing about the beach and exotic locations surely stemmed from a deep-seated need to escape his miserable day to day existence. He was disappointed in the world so he built one of his own in the music. Hence why he disliked Brian's sad or drug-inspired songs--these added discord and depression to Mike's happy place. I believe many of his lyrics stemmed from deeply rooted mommy issues and insecurity. Just take "everybody's in love with you" for example...

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #839 on: August 17, 2015, 05:07:19 AM »

The last year or two we have seen pictures of a couple of Mike's beautiful homes on the market. Another of him and his hot wife beside their pool.

I wish I could have his miserable day to day existence!
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #840 on: August 17, 2015, 05:42:07 AM »

The last year or two we have seen pictures of a couple of Mike's beautiful homes on the market. Another of him and his hot wife beside their pool.

I wish I could have his miserable day to day existence!

Don't we all? Although it is worth noting that money doesn't buy happiness (just all the things necessary to be happy)

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 17, 2015, 05:46:38 AM »

That's why all of the bickering is not worth the effort. No one's mind will change. People really think without a touch of sarcasm that Mike actually has "paid" trolls on here. If that's not potentially actionable...

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

clack
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 17, 2015, 06:56:00 AM »

The idea behind the thread is fine. I mean, I could see an interesting article being written questioning why so many fans of the Beach Boys hate the band's chief lyricist and main lead singer.

In practice, however, the thread was always going to be an omnishambles.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 17, 2015, 07:09:44 AM »

It was a classic example of shitposting that inspired a good fifteen pages of same. We should not be surprised.

Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 17, 2015, 07:37:22 AM »

The question could be taken on another level because of course it isn't just about what Mike Love is like as a person and as a member of the Beach Boys but what it is about each of those who dislike him that makes them feel this way. We could also ask why some take Mike's side the way they do. Both extremes reveal things about the people who feel that way, not just about Mike Love. This is perhaps a more interesting question - and not a leading question either.

It is perhaps true that people like a black/white, heroes/villains situation rather than those interminable shades of grey that so often make up real life but I don't think I'm being unfair to suggest that Mike does lend himself to the role of villain upon occasion.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 17, 2015, 07:45:12 AM »

Both extremes reveal things about the people who feel that way, not just about Mike Love. This is perhaps a more interesting question - and not a leading question either.

And it has a simple answer - people have too much time on their hands worrying about people they've never met.

Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #846 on: August 17, 2015, 07:45:43 AM »

That's why all of the bickering is not worth the effort. No one's mind will change. People really think without a touch of sarcasm that Mike actually has "paid" trolls on here. If that's not potentially actionable...

Well, at least you toned the rhetoric down to "potentially" actionable.  Questioning whether or not people are on Mike's pay roll, especially when it is meant figuratively (the clear meaning being that they are doing his bidding), is hardly actionable.  The one person I can recall actually being accused of being on Mike's payroll, AGD, to my recollection, has never been accused of being paid to post in Mike's favor here.  His possibly being on Mike's payroll has been used as an explanation as to why he is so pro-Mike and ready to defend him here.  A huge distinction no court of law would fail to recognize.

EoL
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 07:47:14 AM by Empire Of Love » Logged

Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 17, 2015, 07:49:48 AM »

We're also talking about the same guy who claimed that a compilation in a UK rag tarnished the band's name. LOL

Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #848 on: August 17, 2015, 07:53:09 AM »

Both extremes reveal things about the people who feel that way, not just about Mike Love. This is perhaps a more interesting question - and not a leading question either.

And it has a simple answer - people have too much time on their hands worrying about people they've never met.

As opposed to worrying about people they've never met who worry about people they've never met.  But who would do such a thing?  Cheesy

Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 17, 2015, 07:56:35 AM »

Too many people! :D

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx