gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680898 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 05, 2024, 09:14:49 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike and Bruce 2009 photo  (Read 15194 times)
Wilsonista
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2009, 08:57:55 PM »

Oh my, is this thread a time warp and I'm back in Mike Wheeler's Cabinessence Board circa '96?  LOL

AKA, Rob's Glory Days.
Nicole
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2009, 09:04:04 PM »

I think the Beach Boys are better than the Beatles, too. I love both bands, but I don't think I've ever been as interested in (or obsessed with?!) anything or anyone as I am the Beach Boys.

Btw RobMac, I love your picture and the caption under it, LOL. TMZ's my guilty pleasure Lips Sealed
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2009, 09:08:05 PM »

Oh my, is this thread a time warp and I'm back in Mike Wheeler's Cabinessence Board circa '96?  LOL

AKA, Rob's Glory Days.

All Things Must Pass, man.

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
Wilsonista
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2009, 09:15:49 PM »

AKA, Rob's Glory Days.

All Things Must Pass, man.

I have practically every post on this  board to remind me of that!
Wilsonista
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2009, 09:17:46 PM »

Btw RobMac, I love your picture and the caption under it, LOL. TMZ's my guilty pleasure Lips Sealed

Mine too. I am dying to know what's in Harvey's sippy cup!
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2009, 02:03:06 AM »

There are people here that were on there back then too?  Wow, I remember having to take a years-long break from any BB message boards after the bashing I took on there.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2009, 02:06:56 AM »

Am I really alone in thinking that the BB could have been SO much better than The Beatles  if everyone instead of whining about Brian's "ego", got behind him 100%?
Actually, I think that the BB are SO much better than the Beatles, period.  No ifs, ands, or buts about it.  I will take the Beach Boys over the Beatles any day, 100% of the time, for the rest of my life.
Outie 315
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2009, 02:58:57 AM »

The Beach Boys were boss!
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2009, 05:10:27 AM »

There are people here that were on there back then too?  Wow, I remember having to take a years-long break from any BB message boards after the bashing I took on there.
There are a few, but some monikers change, then it's hard to keep track.

But... Why did you take the bashing?  Smiley

Cowsii
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2009, 09:32:24 AM »

Tell us more!!!

...and who's the chick with the drumsticks? Grin
Unfortunately it's me with ("suggested staightened hair") and a wax museum make up job...enjoy. No one is enjoying (or not) this picture more than the subjects in it...oh dear. I am playing my favorite music and putiing my kids through school doing it. Wouldn't you?...lol
The infamous Baldwin Organ
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2009, 11:17:23 AM »

And doing a great job! By so many accounts, you really add a lot to the show. Thank you for that.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2009, 12:27:33 PM »

Tell us more!!!

...and who's the chick with the drumsticks? Grin
Unfortunately it's me with ("suggested staightened hair") and a wax museum make up job...enjoy. No one is enjoying (or not) this picture more than the subjects in it...oh dear. I am playing my favorite music and putiing my kids through school doing it. Wouldn't you?...lol

Welcome to the board!! I loooove "The Rain, The Park, and Other Things"!!!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Wilsonista
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2009, 01:10:47 PM »

John, I apologize for mistaking your lead vocal  on "The Path of Love" for your sister. 
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2009, 01:43:44 PM »

Count me in as another Wheeler board guy -- I think I was calling myself Clay back then, too. Rob and I bonded back in the Imagination days.
Wilsonista
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2009, 01:57:36 PM »

A certain Sexy Moderator was another Mike Wheeler regular.

Susan Lang was a regular before she became the mod.
Wilsonista
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2009, 01:59:11 PM »

As in what was the reason or why did he take it?
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2009, 02:34:05 PM »

As in what was the reason or why did he take it?
The reason.

Wilsonista
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2009, 02:39:04 PM »

Eric praised Summer In Paradise.

And yes, I was probably one of the ones giving him a hard time about it.
LittleSurferGirl
Smiley Smile Associate

.Got To Know The Woman.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2009, 02:42:56 PM »

I really think Mike has a good voice. I don't see much harm in him having the rights to the Beach Boys name, personally. It would be nice if Brian did, but it still wouldn't be the actual Beach Boys even if Brian could use that name, even though Brian pretty much was the band. It would most likely just be him and his band, right? That's basically what Mike and Bruce are doing.

I see what people mean about biographers and people in general being more interested in Brian, but look at what the man's been through. Sensational stories like his are what sells, and that applies to everything. Brian's breakdown, drug use, Landy's involvement in/takeover of his life, etc. all while being the mastermind behind one of the greatest bands of all time makes Mike's life look like a walk in the park, which isn't interesting to most people.

That being said, the two just have some different interests, anyways. Brian likes being known as Brian Wilson, not just a Beach Boy. Mike recently said that being a Beach Boy was the biggest honor and the most fun he could ever have, and that's just what he wants to do. So really, it's working out fine for them.

Nicole I agree...well I still dont think Brian is the Beach Boys though, but overall I totally agree with what you all said. I get so tired of people bashing on Mike & Bruce's Beach Boys. If they enjoy doing it, people attend the shows...leave em alone.

"And If you knew how much I love you baby, Nothing could go wrong with you"

www.myspace.com/beachboys4ever [my Beach Boys fanpage]
www.myspace.com/foxybritny [personal page]
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2009, 02:57:34 PM »

I'm starting to find that Beach Boys related message boards are starting to become as self referential as the Beach Boys ....  Wink

I loved the old Cab Board - living in a global backwater of Beach Boy info, news and fandom it was a relevaton to go online and discover I wasn't alone in this universe. I especially used to enjoy the chat feature and having direct interface with others - Mike Wheeler actually taught me a lot about internet marketing that I used in my job at the time.
Outie 315
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2009, 03:07:13 PM »

It’s a lovely photo
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 06:28:28 PM by Outie 315 » Logged
Wilsonista
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2009, 03:07:58 PM »

I loved the old Cab Board - living in a global backwater of Beach Boy info, news and fandom it was a relevaton to go online and discover I wasn't alone in this universe. I especially used to enjoy the chat feature and having direct interface with others - Mike Wheeler actually taught me a lot about internet marketing that I used in my job at the time.

Those truly were the days. and I mean that in all seriousness. It was the newness of having all of this access that made it seem glorious.  Andrew Gladwin and Susan have done a wonderful job keeping the flame alive, but the innocence of that website was gone when Mike vanished.
Wilsonista
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2009, 03:12:20 PM »

Count me in as another Wheeler board guy -- I think I was calling myself Clay back then, too. Rob and I bonded back in the Imagination days.

I STILL think of Imagination as recent even though it was 1998!
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2009, 03:23:02 PM »

Another Cabinessence veteran here!

That really was THE place to go for BB stuff at that time, back in 1995-98..  Old Man
That and the PSML..

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2009, 04:14:49 PM »

Tell us more!!!

Lets just say that Times are a Changin' and Bruce's job isn't as secure as he would like us to believe it is.

Hmm that's interesting news SurfDude147 but don't you think Mike would be up the creek if he fired Bruce ?  It's kinda hard to have "The Beach Boys" with just one person, at this point Bruce is the only one keeping things The Beach Boys given that there are no more original members besides Mike and Bruce left in the group thanks to Mike and his habit of firing people.

If Bruce was to be fired all that would be left  is Mike Love and his (insert your own name here) band and let's face it how many people are gonna wanna just see Mike Love ?

Interesting...

puts us closer to my dream of having the Beach Boys reunited sans Bruce but with Brian, Al, and David Marks...probably won't happen but would be cool.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 04:16:56 PM by Billy Castillo » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx