gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680903 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 07, 2024, 11:29:21 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: M & B Tour 2013  (Read 146008 times)
J.G. Dev
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: November 01, 2013, 01:11:43 PM »

Looks like M&B have added some December shows. This is from a write up in a Kansas paper.

Beach Boys to perform Dec. 19 at Hartman ArenaBeach Boys to perform Dec. 19 at Hartman Arena

The Beach Boys will perform their hits, plus songs from “The Beach Boys’ Christmas Album,” on Dec. 19 at Hartman Arena, 8151 N. Hartman Arena Drive in Park City, venue managers have announced.
The concert will feature much of the original lineup of the band. Tickets will go on sale at 10 a.m. Nov. 8 and will cost $29.50, $49.50, $69.50 and $89.50. They’ll be available at Stage1tickets.com, select CD Tradepost outlets, the Hartman Arena box office or by calling 316-927-3999.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2013/11/01/3089499/beach-boys-to-perform-dec-19-at.html#storylink=cpy

The concert will feature much of the original lineup of the band
 Shocked
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 01, 2013, 01:14:18 PM »

They bribed David Marks and found Ricky Fataar. Suck on it Brianistas!
Wah Wah Wah Ooooo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: November 01, 2013, 01:17:59 PM »

Looks like M&B have added some December shows. This is from a write up in a Kansas paper.

Beach Boys to perform Dec. 19 at Hartman ArenaBeach Boys to perform Dec. 19 at Hartman Arena

The Beach Boys will perform their hits, plus songs from “The Beach Boys’ Christmas Album,” on Dec. 19 at Hartman Arena, 8151 N. Hartman Arena Drive in Park City, venue managers have announced.
The concert will feature much of the original lineup of the band. Tickets will go on sale at 10 a.m. Nov. 8 and will cost $29.50, $49.50, $69.50 and $89.50. They’ll be available at Stage1tickets.com, select CD Tradepost outlets, the Hartman Arena box office or by calling 316-927-3999.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2013/11/01/3089499/beach-boys-to-perform-dec-19-at.html#storylink=cpy

The concert will feature much of the original lineup of the band
 Shocked

Much? WTF? 1/6 is much of the original band. I've tried to be kinda neutral on taking sides in the last year, but that is an asinine statement to put in a concert ad, when there's only 1 person from the original lineup there, compared to HALF the original lineup (I believe there were 6 original members) on stage at a Brian show.

"I'm in a band. We're called the Beach Boys." ~ Brian Wilson
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: November 01, 2013, 01:25:54 PM »

Calling it much is well...a bit much  LOL

But I don't think anyone takes the term "original" as seriously as people here do. I think the general public considers originals to be the wilson brothers, mike love, what about that guy...uhh...Al Jardine? He was the keyboardist right? Wait...wasn't Glen Campbell in the beach boys? Or was that The Grass Roots...

My point being, the people that are buying these tickets because they want to say they saw the beach boys (which is most of M&B's audiences) probably don't have a clue or care who is on stage. They'll probably recognize Mike by name and face, and maybe Bruce by face.

If Brian were there, they'd know it. But Al and David? Probably in the same boat as Bruce but even MORE obscure for David...
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: November 01, 2013, 01:31:41 PM »

Calling it much is well...a bit much  LOL

But I don't think anyone takes the term "original" as seriously as people here do. I think the general public considers originals to be the wilson brothers, mike love, what about that guy...uhh...Al Jardine? He was the keyboardist right? Wait...wasn't Glen Campbell in the beach boys? Or was that The Grass Roots...

My point being, the people that are buying these tickets because they want to say they saw the beach boys (which is most of M&B's audiences) probably don't have a clue or care who is on stage. They'll probably recognize Mike by name and face, and maybe Bruce by face.

If Brian were there, they'd know it. But Al and David? Probably in the same boat as Bruce but even MORE obscure for David...

Agreed i was at a M&B show earlier this year and the guy asks me how many of them were originals and i said mike and bruce came a little later and the guy looks at me and says" oh yeah i know Mike Love who are the other people again don't they tour separate?" and i said yes and he says "Do they ever get together?" so that means there are people who didn't even know the reunion took place!!!!!! they just know the name The Beach Boys.

Oh and "the great John Stamos" as he said  Roll Eyes
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: November 01, 2013, 07:04:56 PM »

Agreed i was at a M&B show earlier this year and the guy asks me how many of them were originals and i said mike and bruce came a little later and the guy looks at me and says" oh yeah i know Mike Love who are the other people again don't they tour separate?" and i said yes and he says "Do they ever get together?" so that means there are people who didn't even know the reunion took place!!!!!! they just know the name The Beach Boys.

Weren't you at the Pier Six show too? I was talking to a lovely couple, really nice and fun and all that...this was their first time seeing the beach boys (even though they were in their 50's) and had bought the reunion tour dvd expecting something like that. They knew all the members except David Marks, which is to be expected.

At the other two shows I saw this year, no one said anything at one...but the next one, the woman next to me asked me who Carl Wilson was when they did the "God Only Knows" recording...
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: November 01, 2013, 07:17:54 PM »

Maybe they meant much of the original line-up of the band (that was touring as the Beach Boys prior to 2012 on the temporary  "reunion" tour). That would be accurate.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #682 on: November 01, 2013, 07:22:08 PM »

Uh  huh. I'm SURE that's what it means. So if you somehow get the idea that it's much of the original lineup because the press for it says it's much of the original lineup, it's your own damn fault... not the sliiiightly disingenuous press. Paging Nutty Jerry, Nutty Jerry to the courtesy phone...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 07:24:59 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 02, 2013, 12:56:06 AM »

Uh  huh. I'm SURE that's what it means. So if you somehow get the idea that it's much of the original lineup because the press for it says it's much of the original lineup, it's your own damn fault... not the sliiiightly disingenuous press. Paging Nutty Jerry, Nutty Jerry to the courtesy phone...

While I do think it's a load of crap to advertise it that way...I really, really doubt Mike and/or Bruce or whomever specified that those words be used. They seem to be quite good about that sort of thing. It's typically lazy press work that results in these sorts of things.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #684 on: November 02, 2013, 02:40:27 AM »

Mike's people send out press material for the promoters to use but, as has been noted in the recent past, they can't be held responsible when one of them goes off-topic and prints something like that. I'm guessing that writeup will soon be modified.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 02:50:28 AM by A. Grayham Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #685 on: November 02, 2013, 02:43:16 AM »

I have three grandchildren under 4 years old and I'm teaching them to sing "Barbara Ann."

Bruce Johnston
Montecito
October 23, 2013

Thud

Well OK... that's one less on the Xmas card list this year.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 02, 2013, 12:48:05 PM »

I agree with AGD, thinking it's an error on the press's part. Even if you count Bruce (even though he's not an original), the math still doesn't qualify for a majority of "original" members.

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 03, 2013, 09:08:05 AM »

I have three grandchildren under 4 years old and I'm teaching them to sing "Barbara Ann."

Bruce Johnston
Montecito
October 23, 2013

Thud

Well OK... that's one less on the Xmas card list this year.  Grin
No kind posters, Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba Ba Barbara Ann is exactly what he should be teaching them, especially for the youngest one experimenting with sounds...all that repetition.  Exactly developmentally appropriate.  Then, matching the tones in an appropriate key in the correct range for children's voices.  F, G, Bb, Eb, D. 

Good job!  Beer

The  Beer  isn't for the kids!
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 03, 2013, 06:38:04 PM »

Weren't you at the Pier Six show too? I was talking to a lovely couple, really nice and fun and all that...this was their first time seeing the beach boys (even though they were in their 50's) and had bought the reunion tour dvd expecting something like that. They knew all the members except David Marks, which is to be expected.

At the other two shows I saw this year, no one said anything at one...but the next one, the woman next to me asked me who Carl Wilson was when they did the "God Only Knows" recording...

yeah it's true the name "The Beach Boys" does really carry a lot of weight to the casual fan who doesn't know any better when it comes to the people in the band. Besides bands form the 60's and 70's have such few original members still all touring that few originals is to be expected.
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: December 08, 2013, 07:56:53 AM »

Christmas Set From Last Night:

Do It Again
Little Honda
Catch a Wave
Hawaii
Surf City
Surfin' Safari
Surfer Girl
Don't Worry Baby
Little Deuce Coupe
Shut Down
I Get Around
Ballad of Ole' Betsy
Getcha Back
Why Do Fools Fall in Love
Be True to Your School
Disney Girls
The Warmth of the Sun
God Only Knows
Good Vibrations
California Dreamin'
Sloop John B
Wouldn't It Be Nice
California Girls
White Christmas
The Man With All the Toys
Santa's Beard
Little Saint Nick
Kokomo
Help Me, Rhonda
Rock and Roll Music
Do You Wanna Dance?
Barbara Ann
Fun, Fun, Fun

Wild Honey
Goin' to the Beach
Surfin' U.S.A.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: December 08, 2013, 09:33:09 AM »

Not bad, not bad at all. I have tickets to see them next Sunday - hope they add back "Please Let Me Wonder" and Darlin'!

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 13, 2013, 09:40:46 PM »

Set From Mike's Facebook:

Happy Friday the 13th! Here's the set list from tonight's show!

READING 13 DECEMBER 2013

DO IT AGAIN
HONDA
CATCH
HAWAII
SURF CITY
SAFARI

SURFER GIRL
WENDY
GETCHA BACK

DARLIN
FOOLS
GROW UP

WARMTH
GOD-Carl

DON’T WORRY
DEUCE COUPE
SHUT DOWN
GET AROUND

CAL DREAMIN
SLOOP
NICE

CAL GIRLS
DISNEY

I’LL BE HOME
FROSTY
WHITE XMAS
MAN W TOYS
SANTAS BEARD
ST NICK

VIBES

KOKOMO
RHONDA
WANNA DANCE
BARBARA ANN
FUN FUN FUN - Eb
ROCK ROLL
GOIN TO BEACH
SURFIN USA - E
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 13, 2013, 10:23:05 PM »

Looks like they revved up the hot rods one more time.
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 14, 2013, 01:24:44 AM »

I’LL BE HOME
FROSTY
WHITE XMAS
MAN W TOYS
SANTAS BEARD
ST NICK

That's half of the Christmas album!
Were I'll be Home For Christmas and Frosty The Snowman ever played before?
Was any album half-played before by the Beach Boys?

Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #694 on: December 14, 2013, 02:21:29 AM »

I’LL BE HOME
FROSTY
WHITE XMAS
MAN W TOYS
SANTAS BEARD
ST NICK

Both have been performed in recent years. The only albums that i can think of that were half performed by Mike and Bruce: Still Cruisin and Today
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 14, 2013, 08:19:16 AM »

I’LL BE HOME
FROSTY
WHITE XMAS
MAN W TOYS
SANTAS BEARD
ST NICK

Thanks to Baseball95 for posting the list.  I'm jealous.  Sounds like a great show.

They usually play at least four. This is a great list!

And, I'll  Beer to that! 

Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 14, 2013, 08:42:21 AM »

89.50 to see Mike + Bruce ?  Have the top tier tickets gone up for M+B since C50.. ?   With extra charges that's over 100.00 a ticket.. Bit steep I would think.. In Indio Ca  C50  May 2012 a top seat was a 110.00 plus charges.. So for 20.00 more you got the real BB..
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 14, 2013, 08:46:29 AM »

Exactly, Mr. Wilson! Thumbs Up

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 14, 2013, 08:54:12 AM »

I got two front row tickets on Stub Hub for the show last night $40 a seat, it was a great show!!!
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 14, 2013, 08:55:32 AM »

It depends on the venue. I pointed that out a while back when people were using the excuse that Mike and Bruce preferred the smaller tours to keep the ticket costs down. I paid $80 for a mid level seat for a Mike and Bruce show about a year before C50. I paid $50 for a mid level C50 seat. Now, granted, the C50 venue was larger, so you were not as close to the stage, but cheaper seats are not necessarily a given.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx