gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680986 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 12, 2024, 05:42:43 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rocky Pamplin book about The Beach Boys?  (Read 496347 times)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: January 20, 2016, 01:47:01 PM »

I'm pretty baffled as to why Rocky keeps coming here, like what is he getting out of all this? 

And I also don't get why keeps rambling on about "what happened to Brian", I'm pretty sure we all know the answer

Suspect he's looking to make a fortune from the book and knows we're its target readership.

Aren't we?

“We live in divisive times.”
Uncle Jesse
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 20, 2016, 02:03:03 PM »

I'm pretty baffled as to why Rocky keeps coming here, like what is he getting out of all this? 

And I also don't get why keeps rambling on about "what happened to Brian", I'm pretty sure we all know the answer

Suspect he's looking to make a fortune from the book and knows we're its target readership.

Aren't we?

See at first that was quite obviously his motive, but by this point it seems like he's doing way more harm than good to his book sales

"Have mmmmeeeerrrcccyyyy!" - Dennis Wilson
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 20, 2016, 02:06:37 PM »

Smiley   John Manning... very good... they are my target readership!! Yeah... the job offers no longer on the table... you got in bed with Dick (I mean)...If I only "add some" brains... and your not that GOOD! "DUDE"? DID YOU ACTUALLY SAY "DUDE"?... Are you still stuck in the EIGHTIES?  Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 04:57:20 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 20, 2016, 02:12:17 PM »

Smiley   John Manning,.. ONCE AGAIN... VERY ASTUTE!  Would you like a job as a Publicist... YOUR GOOD Smiley

Only if we're talking about a set fee… a percentage of takings just isn't alluring! Wink

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #754 on: January 20, 2016, 02:41:32 PM »

A book?  Who in the name of 'pete' can't write a book?  The question IS...Will  A N Y B O D Y  want to read the dang thing?  Does it have to include pictures?  Will you go with extra large typeset in order to make it at least 100 pages long?  Will it require HEAVY editting and untold assistance in order to make it actually 'work'?  Will it be of any value to the general scheme of things as the years and decades pass us by?  Will it be be "a best seller...2nd only to the Bible"?   Or will it give you away for the un-schooled free-loader you just might be?

AND...will you then take the concept to a site filled with potential buyers and insult them thus derailing the possibility of actually moving anywhere near as many units as you might have if you had just kept your loathesome and sorry ass completely out of sight and under the radar?

Once upon a time there was a guy named Rocky.  His real name was actually Dick.  His 'story' was already known to the masses but he still tried to pass off his sordid past as being some kind of useful glimpse into the great unknown.  He dragged along a caste of unsavory characters in order to attempt to give his little tale an 'angle'.  

In going this route, and while insulting the intelligence of virtually every potential reader he addressed he only further proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that the glimpse of the great unknown he was prepared to 'offer' was ever-so-likely to remain a part of the afore mentioned great unknown.  Why?  Because almost everyone who might possibly be interested already knew the true story along with Dick [and his cronies] part{s} in it.

So Dick undermined his project...as he had...his little itsy, bitsy, teenie, weenie, insignificant corner of the otherwise EXTREMELY interesting sojourn and quickly faded into the oblivion he generally inhabits/calls home.

The End.

See Rocklette?  It can be done.  Just...not by you.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 02:43:45 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: January 20, 2016, 02:48:01 PM »

Aren't we?

See at first that was quite obviously his motive, but by this point it seems like he's doing way more harm than good to his book sales

You're forgetting the level of understanding evidenced in his posts, like his claim that this is "a web site about MY BOOK!" and his belief that the number of times this thread has been read means anything other than that this board has somewhere between fifty and two hundred active users who read every post. Someone who thinks like that will indeed no doubt think he's helping his book's chances.

As for family resumes, my family are relentless underachievers, and so I have nothing much to say there. As far as I know none of them ever even punched a rock star, though my granddad was a year above Paul McCartney (and two years above George Harrison) at the Liverpool Institute, and was a bit of a thug, so he might have done.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 02:49:13 PM by AndrewHickey » Logged

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 20, 2016, 02:59:16 PM »

Smiley There's an old adage "in the business" They can say what ever they want about you... as long as they spell your name right"!  Smiley I also told you, previously, that this was a DOWN and DIRTY "TELL ALL" MEMOIR... That's what the people want to read! I didn't make the rules (or in the case of a book... the guide lines)...I JUST PLAY BY THEM! There's a NEW STANDARD in everything these days...Welcome to the TWENTY FIRST CENTURY! Have you heard of DONALD TRUMP?. Maybe I should say... President TRUMP? In the immortal words of Don Henley. Smiley Smiley

Well the bubble headed bleach blond
                                                                                                               Comes on at five

She can tell you bout the plane crash      
                                                                                                               With a gleam in her eye

Can we film the operation
                                                                                                               Is the head dead yet

You know the boys in the news room
                                                                                                               Got a running bet

Get the widow on the set
                                                                                                               We need dirty laundry

We can do the innuendo
                                                                                                               We can dance and sing

When it's all said and done
                                                                                                               You haven't told you a thing

We all know that crap is king
                                                                                                               Give us dirty laundry

« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 04:31:35 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #757 on: January 20, 2016, 03:03:32 PM »

I did spell YOUR name right...right Dick?

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 20, 2016, 03:09:48 PM »

Once upon a time there was a guy named Rocky.  His real name was actually Dick.  His 'story' was already known to the masses but he still tried to pass off his sordid past as being some kind of useful glimpse into the great unknown.  He dragged along a caste of unsavory characters in order to attempt to give his little tale an 'angle'. 

In going this route, and while insulting the intelligence of virtually every potential reader he addressed he only further proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that the glimpse of the great unknown he was prepared to 'offer' was ever-so-likely to remain a part of the afore mentioned great unknown.  Why?  Because almost everyone who might possibly be interested already knew the true story along with Dick [and his cronies] part{s} in it.

So Dick undermined his project...as he had...his little itsy, bitsy, teenie, weenie, insignificant corner of the otherwise EXTREMELY interesting sojourn and quickly faded into the oblivion he generally inhabits/calls home.

HEY!!!!!! PR is MY job … or did you "MISS" my appointment by MY client earlier in this thread!!!!! Get IN LINE Dude!!!!!!! … … ""!!!

rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 20, 2016, 03:22:13 PM »

Smiley Hey...If I only "add some" brains ... you... and Manning should go out together ... your both starting to write like me....CAPITALIZING and QUOTATION MARKS!... and ....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... You two could be a couple ..." DICK and JANE "Smiley Smiley   THIS IS FUN... BUT I GOTTA GO SIGN SOME "AUTOGRAPHS" Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley : Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 03:48:14 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 20, 2016, 03:27:40 PM »

You're becoming a major effluence on my work, boss! Wink

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 20, 2016, 03:34:18 PM »

Smiley   John Manning,.. ONCE AGAIN... very good... they are my target readership!...  Smiley

Damn… you edited the post. I take it the job offer is rescinded?

Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 20, 2016, 04:35:45 PM »

Rushston's posts are starting to remind me of Donald Trump: you just can't parody either one of them. They come already parodied .
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 20, 2016, 04:57:41 PM »

Rocky and no Mercy? Razz

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 20, 2016, 05:03:56 PM »

There's a NEW STANDARD in everything these days...Welcome to the TWENTY FIRST CENTURY! ................................

In the immortal words of Don Henley... WE NEED DIRTY LAUNDRY!

Are you still stuck in the EIGHTIES?  Smiley
Grin
Sorry. Couldn't help myself.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: January 20, 2016, 05:06:00 PM »

YES LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 20, 2016, 05:15:26 PM »

Dammit!  Gerry beat me to dropping the Rushton bomb! 
Uncle Jesse
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 20, 2016, 07:47:51 PM »

Man this is all getting too weird for me

"Have mmmmeeeerrrcccyyyy!" - Dennis Wilson
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 20, 2016, 08:08:43 PM »

Guys, stop...I'm sure the Thirteenth Amendment prohibits owning people like this.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #769 on: January 20, 2016, 09:12:18 PM »

There's a NEW STANDARD in everything these days...Welcome to the TWENTY FIRST CENTURY! ................................

Are you still stuck in the EIGHTIES?  Smiley
Grin

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 20, 2016, 10:45:36 PM »

I just think it's a bit rich he joins the board and straight away thinks that earns him the right to insult members and put posters down......That's AGD's gig!  LOL
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 20, 2016, 11:25:12 PM »

I just think it's a bit rich he joins the board and straight away thinks that earns him the right to insult members and put posters down......That's AGD's gig!  LOL

LOL LOL LOL

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 21, 2016, 12:35:58 AM »

Are you still stuck in the EIGHTIES?  Smiley
Grin

LOL

Now THAT'S my kind of moderation!!!
Gohi
« Reply #773 on: January 21, 2016, 06:22:33 AM »

Rocky - You can't even write a coherent sentence, so any book you published would most likely be a complete disaster. Have a nice day.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 21, 2016, 07:06:41 AM »

In retrospect my post was really snotty and I shouldn't have said parts of it. If Rocky Pamplin had any humility I would be able to deal with him with a lot more patience. He's chosen to be scuzzy, brags about it and then insults people who express discomfort with his scuzziness which really rubs me the wrong way.

But this has been a very festive few pages and a good release of tension!   Pirate Head Spin High Five Happy Dance
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 07:21:28 AM by Emily » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 83 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx