gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680986 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 12, 2024, 04:23:48 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What TWGMTR Songs Would You Add To The Setlist?  (Read 1686 times)
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2012, 04:03:21 AM »

I would love to hear the band tackle Strange World/From There To Back Again/Pacific Coast Highway/Summer's Gone. The only problem is of course some of the old favorites would have to go. Which oldies would you sacrifice to hear the suite?
mabewa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 04:37:55 AM »

I'd love to hear the suite, too!  I'd sacrifice Why Do Fools Fall in Love, Rock n Roll Music, 409, It's OK, Then I Kissed Her, and Getcha Back to hear it. 
keysarsoze001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 05:07:56 AM »

I don't think the suite would work in this current live context, honestly. I think the audience wouldn't be able to tolerate such a long section of the show being songs they don't know, and which are sort of sparse tracks to begin with. Frankly, I think most of the new album wouldn't do very well in the context of these shows. Maybe "Shelter" or, dare I say it, "Spring Vacation". They could put "Think About the Days" as the intro to something, if they aren't going to keep "Our Prayer", cause it serves basically the same purpose and it's short.
Wah Wah Wah Ooooo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 05:17:15 AM »

I don't like the song that much personally, but "Shelter" would be the next logical choice, imo. 

"I'm in a band. We're called the Beach Boys." ~ Brian Wilson
Wah Wah Wah Ooooo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 05:25:54 AM »

Although I kind of agree on suite (esp. FTTBA), I'd also like to listen to Beaches in Mind or Private Life of B. & S. - just for balancing the setlist. I'd sacrifice Dance, Dance, Dance, Little Deuce Coupe, God Only Knows, Darlin'.   

God Only knows?

Not flaming here, but I'm just curious...why? 

It's one of their most treasured songs, fan favorites, and a lovely tribute to a passed beloved bandmate.

Wah Wah Wah Ooooo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 06:10:50 AM »

Although I kind of agree on suite (esp. FTTBA), I'd also like to listen to Beaches in Mind or Private Life of B. & S. - just for balancing the setlist. I'd sacrifice Dance, Dance, Dance, Little Deuce Coupe, God Only Knows, Darlin'.  

God Only knows?

Not flaming here, but I'm just curious...why?  

It's one of their most treasured songs, fan favorites, and a lovely tribute to a passed beloved bandmate.

'Cause I heard it the great deal of times in various videos. Of course, it's a lovely tribute to Carl and all but there are plenty other songs sung by him that would also turn into good "reincarnations" if I may say that. But anyway, I respect your opinion.  

Fair enough.

It would be interesting to see a few other Carl songs performed the way theyre doing GOK...maybe Long Promised Road, Darlin, I Can Hear Music or something would make a nice tribute to, and then Brian could sing GOK, because I really doubt they'd drop it even if they dropped it as the tribute.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 06:13:54 AM by Wah Wah Wah Ooooo » Logged

Lookit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 07:00:52 AM »

I would LOVE to hear 'Summer's Gone' live, but I just don't see it working in the context of the current live show. If Brian returns to solo performing, it would be nice to hear in that setting.

I talked your folks out of making you cut off your head.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx