gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680897 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 05, 2024, 01:41:05 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smile Sessions wins a grammy!!!  (Read 25907 times)
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2013, 03:54:53 PM »

From the brit board.

BRIAN WINS A GRAMMY FOR THE SMILE SESSIONS ALBUM
Posted on February 10, 2013 at 09:38:07 PM by Bruce Johnston

The best news ever:
Brian Wilson wins a Grammy today in the Best Historical Album category for The SMiLE Sessions (Deluxe Box Set).
How wonderful to be able to go back in time when Brian was in his mid-twenties and then to release his fascinating SMiLE music recordings from 1967 in 2012.
Also, what a perfect day for Alan Boyd, Mark Linett & Dennis Wolfe for being the other three Grammy winning members of this SMiLE Sessions compilation production team.

Congratulations everyone!

Bruce Johnston
Montecito
February 10, 2013

I would like to point it out to runnersdialzero that even Mr. Bruce Johnston types it as SMiLE. I know that one's gonna bug ya!
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2013, 03:56:57 PM »

God bless you Brian you absolutely deserved this, some of the other McCartney fans on his official forum are annoyed that SMiLE won the award, and I have to just say as one of the biggest McCartney fans out there...f*** RAM! Grin Brian, Alan, Mark and the boys totally deserved this award way more than McCartney with his 50 million awards already!
SMiLE-addict
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2013, 03:57:39 PM »

A man of few words!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 03:59:19 PM by SMiLE-addict » Logged
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2013, 04:02:10 PM »

Doesn't it just make you want to give him a big hug! Grin
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2013, 04:13:38 PM »

A well deserved win. Nice to finally see Brian get recognition over McCartney.

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
Les P
Smiley Smile Associate

Cheese Pizza and Apple Pie

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2013, 04:17:38 PM »

Well-deserved congratulations to all, especially Alan and Mark for their tireless efforts to bring the perfect gift to fans.

Now we have the perfect epilogue to the BW biopic.  Let cameras roll!
Kurosawa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2013, 04:18:46 PM »

You could tell he was very, very nervous and that it meant a lot to him. Can't help but be so happy for Brian.

Member of the Anaheim Azusa and Cucamonga sewing circle book review and timing association (the double-ACASSN).
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2013, 04:19:58 PM »

I see the media has decided that there will be no more BB reunions, regardless of whether any happen in the future -- just like they decided that Brian was fired or that he was going to retire in 2012. Sheesh!

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2013, 04:21:42 PM »

From Brian's Facebook page:

"I'm so happy I could cry. I guess Van Dyke and I were on to something after all. Thanks to the Boys for such beautiful vocals." - Brian
SMiLE-addict
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2013, 04:22:31 PM »

Is this a record for this forum? LOL!
SMiLE-addict, Lowbacca, Les P, Kurosawa, pmb, Moon Dawg, wantsomecorn, drbeachboy, Shane, Paul J B, AndrewHickey, jammer730, SamMcK, kagentry, Sam_BFC, WWDWD?, Golden Al, Chris Brown, gfac22, Jason Penick, The Amazing World of Billy Castillo, Smiling Pets, aeijtzsche, metal flake paint, Tony S, musicismylife101, ThunderRyan, scoop1966 (+ 2 Hidden) and 51 Guests are viewing this board.
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2013, 04:22:41 PM »

Beautiful news. I agree completely re SMILE and RAM. RAM was underrated in its day but does not compare with SMILE in terms of musical or cultural significance. Paul himself might agree. Congrats to Brian & his team.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2013, 04:24:39 PM »

Nope. The record stands for when H&V was "leaked" and the forum crashed for about 25 minutes Razz

Shane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2013, 04:25:46 PM »

I'm so happy to see The Smile Sessions box, or as I refer to it, "The Mother of All Boxed Sets" win a Grammy.  Congrats to all involved.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2013, 04:27:32 PM »

SMiLE-addict, Lowbacca, Les P, Kurosawa, pmb, Moon Dawg, wantsomecorn, drbeachboy, Shane, Paul J B, AndrewHickey, jammer730, SamMcK, kagentry, Sam_BFC, WWDWD?, Golden Al, Chris Brown, gfac22, Jason Penick, The Amazing World of Billy Castillo, Smiling Pets, aeijtzsche, metal flake paint, Tony S, musicismylife101, ThunderRyan, scoop1966 (+ 2 Hidden) and 51 Guests are viewing this board.

Far from it. You must have not been here for last years Grammys lol

Love that Facebook post from Brian. I'm so happy I could cry

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
SMiLE-addict
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2013, 04:28:10 PM »

Here's the Grammy page with the official notification for this category. I think I'll take a screen shot of this:
http://www.grammy.com/nominees?genre=15
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2013, 04:28:20 PM »

A year ago, Grammys again, the boys' GV performance (1st public 'reunion' appearance). That might have been a record..  Wink
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2013, 04:30:22 PM »

Great news! Brian, the boys and those who put the set togetehr (including Mark) certainly deserve this. The ydid a splendid job in the 60s and in the 2000s. I love the Beach Boys!

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2013, 04:35:01 PM »

I feel so proud, even though I had to nothing to with it, except to buy it and listen. Congrats to Brian and Van Dyke for writing it. To The Beach Boys for singing their hearts out on it. To Alan, Mark and Dennis for the super job of putting it all together. The guys are finally getting some hard-earned recognition over the past year or two.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2013, 04:39:13 PM »

Holy sh*t !  Hooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttt !

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Yes, Andrew!  Been waiting since high school for this SMiLE music to get the recognition it has always deserved!  

Persistence has been rewarded, finally.

Bravo!

The rest can eat their words with a fork and spoon.

leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2013, 04:55:43 PM »

3D WONDERFUL  3D

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2013, 05:02:58 PM »

So happy for Brian, Mark and Alan.  Nice to see their hard work acknowledged and rewarded.
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2013, 05:09:45 PM »

So So Proud , and MANY thanks to Alan mentioning our recently departed good friend Les Chan xx
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2013, 05:30:00 PM »

I cannot find the video in that link--only home page and endless other videos. sorry. Please help
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2013, 05:33:12 PM »

Well derserved, fellas.  Congrats!
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2013, 05:33:37 PM »

I cannot find the video in that link--only home page and endless other videos. sorry. Please help
The link was just for the main page which is constantly updated with new video, it seems. Brian's spotlight is passé by now - I guess 'his' clip is buried somewhere beneath newer material although I can't find it at the moment. Might pop up on YouTube in a couple of hours.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx