gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680976 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 11, 2024, 11:45:34 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Teardrops On My Bed” (aka “Drip Drop”)  (Read 32361 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2010, 11:20:23 AM »

Actually,  I find it's a load of fun.

Also, I'm a bit of a completist.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
rogerlancelot
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2010, 11:32:13 AM »

Please Make my coked out Brian Dreams come true!

I swear, I could say I've got an 8-track of Brian on the crapper after a long night at a curry house and someone here would want to hear it.  Grin

That would be awesome! A live rendition would be my life's dream!
Menace Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2010, 09:15:39 PM »

My favorite Def Leppard song is:
Pour Some Sugar On Me

(actually it's "Foolin")

"Jeff, you care." --BW
Beckgtr09
Smiley Smile Associate

I've been in this town so long......

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2010, 10:59:00 PM »

Please Mother, may I have some of this wonderful treat everyone is enjoying?  LOL

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2010, 11:21:14 PM »

This entire board is in serious danger of getting banned.  LOL

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2010, 11:56:57 PM »

Banned on the Run is my favorite McCartney song ^_^

But seriously guys...I love it. I like my Brian coked up and scary, thank you.

Musically speaking of course.  police
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 11:58:39 PM by Billy C » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2010, 12:40:31 AM »

If you tweak the pitch a little, he almost sounds like his 1974-ish self. Almost.

Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2010, 07:30:01 AM »

This song needs to be included in the 50th anniversary archival release... They could even throw in some newly-recorded background vocals I continue thinking that I can hear buried deep in the mix. AGD, you know you can make it happen!
summerinparadise.flac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2010, 10:01:18 AM »

I swear, I could say I've got an 8-track of Brian on the crapper after a long night at a curry house and someone here would want to hear it.  Grin

Turds drop endlessly but whats this? Two hours in a melody begins to from...Brian's toilet has become a makeshift waterglass. Hour three and the melody is comprehensible; the unmistakeable sound of, well you know what it is. Friends, join me in singing:

Mama's little baby is shortnin...

"I'll haunt you like a ghost"
-Brian Wilson, the Ruby song from Party.

Please support the Beach Boys without being a rude dude or grumpy gus.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2010, 02:59:50 AM »

Strong similarities to Clangin', to my ears.

I have the version on a 45rpm EP by Rocky Sharp and the Razors (70s UK doowop group) which is, aesthetically speaking, infinitely more pleasing.

Give it a blast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCksilUb5hQ

Anyone know the backing musicians to Brian's version?

“We live in divisive times.”
rogerlancelot
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2010, 02:06:42 PM »

Turds drop endlessly but whats this? Two hours in a melody begins to from...Brian's toilet has become a makeshift waterglass. Hour three and the melody is comprehensible; the unmistakeable sound of, well you know what it is. Friends, join me in singing:

Mama's little baby is shortnin...

"...Clenched so hard,
Turds dropped on my bed!
On the wall...
And on the floor..."

If you play it backward there's a voice telling Charlie Manson to go away.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2010, 11:05:49 PM »

Strong similarities to Clangin', to my ears.

How did you hear Clangin'? I thought it wasn't circulating.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2010, 02:31:07 AM »

I've been PM'ed by a few folk about that, and now I'm struggling to locate it in my collection though I can hear it in my head! Darn sure it's in there somewhere... maybe under a different name -  any other silver disc collectors help out here with the title? (Note to self: must organise/catalogue collection sometime....)

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2010, 02:52:33 AM »

I've been PM'ed by a few folk about that, and now I'm struggling to locate it in my collection though I can hear it in my head! Darn sure it's in there somewhere... maybe under a different name -  any other silver disc collectors help out here with the title? (Note to self: must organise/catalogue collection sometime....)

Possibly you're recalling that parts of "Bells Of Madness" sound something like "Clang".

Allegedly.  Roll Eyes

BTW, "Clangin'" is a different song entirely, derived from the Pied Piper fragment. "Clang", of course, belatedly saw the (re-recorded) light of day on TLOS.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 02:56:38 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2010, 03:21:07 AM »

Ah... I have it - track 13 on Disc Two of From the Vaults (Audition label). And everyone's right - the track I'm thinking of ain't Clangin', it's called Rollin' Up to Heaven. Big similarities with chunks of the Teardrops/Drip Drop backing track to my ears.  Suspect this might also be known as Hard Times.  If anyone has this, and can decipher ALL the vocal lines, I'd be gobsmacked!

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2010, 03:27:29 AM »

Ah... I have it - track 13 on Disc Two of From the Vaults (Audition label). And everyone's right - the track I'm thinking of ain't Clangin', it's called Rollin' Up to Heaven. Big similarities with chunks of the Teardrops/Drip Drop backing track to my ears.  Suspect this might also be known as Hard Times.  If anyone has this, and can decipher ALL the vocal lines, I'd be gobsmacked!

Well, I'm hearing (and the profanity filter is gonna have some work to do here)

"It was a hard time/rubbin' in the tub"

(and in the background, right channel)

"alley oop/wooo/f*** 'er/big tits"

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2010, 03:39:54 AM »

Now THAT would be a great single to mark the 50th anniversary -  takes them as far away from the candy stripes as they've ever been!  Imagine that paired with Teardrops as the B-side... Hitsville!

Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2010, 06:49:56 AM »

I would buy the f*** out of a 50th anniversary 7" single "Rollin' Up To Heaven" b/w "Teardrops On My Bed" because both of those songs own. Delete The Beach Boys' entire post-1977 catalogue and issue that in its place!
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2010, 01:47:50 PM »

What part of TLOS is derived from Clang?

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2010, 02:08:49 PM »

The "Mama yama " thing.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2010, 01:58:52 AM »

Ok, let's recap. There's "Brian's Song", "Rollin' Up To Heaven/Hard Time",  and another totally different song called "Hard Times". Then there is a song called "Drip Drop" that's supposedly another early version of "Ding Dang"(I think?), as well as another song called "Drip Drop" that is a Dion cover and has nothing to do with "Ding Dang". Then there was Clangin', which I've heard was another early version of "Ding Dang", and finally the proper version of "Ding Dang" from the Love You album. Then there is "Clang", which apperantly has nothing to do with any of the songs just discussed. I'm surprised that Andrew can remember this stuff. I would have given up long ago, and had myself comitted.  Grin

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2010, 02:24:02 AM »

Ok, let's recap. There's "Brian's Song", "Rollin' Up To Heaven/Hard Time",  and another totally different song called "Hard Times". Then there is a song called "Drip Drop" that's supposedly another early version of "Ding Dang"(I think?), as well as another song called "Drip Drop" that is a Dion cover and has nothing to do with "Ding Dang". Then there was Clangin', which I've heard was another early version of "Ding Dang", and finally the proper version of "Ding Dang" from the Love You album. Then there is "Clang", which apperantly has nothing to do with any of the songs just discussed. I'm surprised that Andrew can remember this stuff. I would have given up long ago, and had myself comitted.  Grin

Only one "Drip Drop" - the, er, profane cover from 1978.

Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2010, 02:40:01 PM »

I don't blame Brian at all for continually revisiting the "Ding Dang" (and variations) fragments to re-make into new compositions. They're totally awesome... "Rollin' Up to Heaven" should've been on Love You!
Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

There's a new daddy in town...

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2010, 02:23:23 PM »

Papa oom mow mow

A discipline daddy.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2010, 04:35:31 PM »

I think it actually goes like this, first there was "Ding Dang" recorded in '73, lyrics with Roger (Jim) McGuinn, this is the version on Love You.

Then we got "Brian's Tune" which most people know as "Rollin' Up To Heaven" (don't know where it got that name). That is the "hard time" song, not to be confused with Blondie/Ricky's song "Hard Times".

AGD already commented on "Drip Drop". Theres just one of those.

Then there is "Clangin" which is talked about in a 1976 article, maybe Rolling Stone. That has the "mow-mama-yama" deal in it.  Which is used in "Morning Beat". And theres apparently a part of "Clangin" in "Bells of Madness" which I think is recorded with Carnie and Wendy.

"Clang", I have no idea. I think that might just be "Clangin'", but maybe I'm wrong.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx