gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680898 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 05, 2024, 11:27:05 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Should this discussion be moved to the Sandbox?
Naahh, Beach Boys, SMiLE and drugs is as on-topic as can be - 99 (67.8%)
It's about time, I've requested this at least 20 pages back - 27 (18.5%)
Who cares, it isn't going to be released anyway - 11 (7.5%)
I don't like drugs and I don't like SMiLE, we might as well delete this discussion - 2 (1.4%)
The SMiLE music and drug use cloud this discussion - 7 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 138

Pages: 1 ... 301 302 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 310 311 ... 380 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SMiLE Sessions box set!  (Read 1740291 times)
homeontherange
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7625 on: October 25, 2011, 12:43:02 AM »

And I just heard Wonderful version 1. Never heard that sh*t before, except in really nasty quality.

And the vocals montage thing... can't believe this is happening. NOW I'll stop listening.
homeontherange
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7626 on: October 25, 2011, 12:44:16 AM »

f*** me, I can't stop!  LOL I'm all giggly now
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7627 on: October 25, 2011, 12:45:55 AM »

OK... interesting. Just listened to the HMV clip of "Barnyard" on disc 2.

It's missing all the stereo vocals.  Shocked

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
homeontherange
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7628 on: October 25, 2011, 12:46:39 AM »

Okay. Child version 1 sounds sick. Absolutely sick.
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7629 on: October 25, 2011, 12:48:29 AM »

Same day shipping was only like 7 dollars extra, I figure it's smile, getting it the first day is worth a measly 7 dollars. You guys could probably still get same day shipping, or at the very least cancel your preorder and reorder it and select same day.

No need to cancel (and you shouldn't cancel if you're locked in at less than the current price).  Simply go to Amazon.com > your account > view open orders > change shipping speed.

Personally, I'm taking my chances on free shipping. As I said, I know from experience that in all probability I will receive the item much sooner than they estimate.  I might even get it on the Tuesday release day (that's happened before).  If it takes a couple days longer, so be it.  
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7630 on: October 25, 2011, 12:52:09 AM »

Something strange happens on the sound clip of the Vega-Tables demo. It's probably just a weird glitch, right?

RIGHT??

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #7631 on: October 25, 2011, 01:00:37 AM »

Gotta…   stop… gotta…

“We live in divisive times.”
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #7632 on: October 25, 2011, 01:01:20 AM »

Something strange happens on the sound clip of the Vega-Tables demo. It's probably just a weird glitch, right?

RIGHT??

I hear that too – and think I recall hearing it on Secret SMiLE also. Maybe an original tape flaw?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 01:02:13 AM by John Manning » Logged

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #7633 on: October 25, 2011, 01:01:43 AM »

Must … stop… gotta

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7634 on: October 25, 2011, 01:04:05 AM »

RIGHT??

I hear that too – and think I recall hearing it on Secret SMiLE also. Maybe an original tape flaw?
I don't remember that. There is also some backing vocals that I don't remember on Secret Smile. Not the "laughing" parts.

Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #7635 on: October 25, 2011, 01:09:41 AM »

I just realised. Are, at least according to Dennis Wilson, all our copies of Pet Sounds going to start creating unwanted odours around the house on Oct 31st/Nov. 1st?

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
John Stivaktas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7636 on: October 25, 2011, 01:11:36 AM »

You see my friends, just like Moses went up to Mt Sinai and came back with the Ten Commandments for his people, AGD has gone before us and prepared the way, from Plymouth on the East Coast to Mauna Kea, the highest point of Hawaii in the West, and brought us the complete SMiLE for the true believers! Smiley Smiley

"It's more blessed to give than receive"

“For me, making music has always been a very spiritual thing, and I think anybody who produces records has to feel that, at least a little bit. Producing a record . . . the idea of taking a song, envisioning the overall sound in my head and then bringing the arrangement to life in the studio . . . well, that gives me satisfaction like nothing else.”

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7637 on: October 25, 2011, 01:14:09 AM »

So, now we know what the "G" stands for. I for one am not surprised.  Grin

chris.metcalfe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7638 on: October 25, 2011, 01:21:45 AM »

So, now we know what the "G" stands for. I for one am not surprised.  Grin

Grin  LOL

I've missed a lot of this build up - what's happened to Rock with me Henry?
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7639 on: October 25, 2011, 01:28:45 AM »

I think it's listed as "Wonderful(version 3)".

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #7640 on: October 25, 2011, 01:54:26 AM »

Uuuurgh… cold coffee.   Gotta do it – Apple-Q…

buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #7641 on: October 25, 2011, 02:14:44 AM »

Sorry not with you. Surely the vocals are on a separate track and Mark just removed them? Or was Barnyard one of the ones sourced from acetate?

Does this mean we don't have a clean version of Barnyard without the Harv vocals?

As for the HMV snippets. My god, listening through good headphones and just knocked out at the sound quality. That vocal montage is going to be cool.

I was hoping the child snippet would include some of the verse but we only get a second or so. Can't wait to hear that in clear quality.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7642 on: October 25, 2011, 02:17:29 AM »

Can't believe you guys don't have the strength to withhold from listening to sound clips when were are 3 days away from it being released (alright, 6 days some places). Personally I will lay down on my bed with headphones on, close my eyes and just perceive for the duration of the 2CD-set.

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
John Stivaktas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7643 on: October 25, 2011, 02:19:30 AM »

Sorry not with you. Surely the vocals are on a separate track and Mark just removed them? Or was Barnyard one of the ones sourced from acetate?

Does this mean we don't have a clean version of Barnyard without the Harv vocals?

As for the HMV snippets. My god, listening through good headphones and just knocked out at the sound quality. That vocal montage is going to be cool.

I was hoping the child snippet would include some of the verse but we only get a second or so. Can't wait to hear that in clear quality.

Track 31, I think Andrew's simply saying that this is the backing track to Barnyard....without the backing vocals. The animal sounds are still there!

“For me, making music has always been a very spiritual thing, and I think anybody who produces records has to feel that, at least a little bit. Producing a record . . . the idea of taking a song, envisioning the overall sound in my head and then bringing the arrangement to life in the studio . . . well, that gives me satisfaction like nothing else.”

Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7644 on: October 25, 2011, 02:21:54 AM »

It'll be such a nice Halloween. I'll stay up all night watching some scary movies (Woman In The Dunes for sure), eat some popcorn, fall asleep on the couch, wake up in the morning and go check the front step for my package. I'll probably load up all the cds onto my mp3 player, and then if it's a reasonably nice day out, I'll go for a walk while a listen to disc one.

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
John Stivaktas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7645 on: October 25, 2011, 02:37:57 AM »

It'll be such a nice Halloween. I'll stay up all night watching some scary movies (Woman In The Dunes for sure), eat some popcorn, fall asleep on the couch, wake up in the morning and go check the front step for my package. I'll probably load up all the cds onto my mp3 player, and then if it's a reasonably nice day out, I'll go for a walk while a listen to disc one.

Oh wow...I absolutely love that movie, my wife watched it and hated it. We had the same exact polarising views after watching The Big Lebowski in 1998.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7646 on: October 25, 2011, 02:43:53 AM »

It's missing all the stereo vocals.  Shocked

No - not the Harv 'demo' but the track on CD2 subtitled "Barnyard" (track 4). On the HMV clips, just the track in mono... on the review stream, same, but with stereo bvs and animal noises.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 02:45:37 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7647 on: October 25, 2011, 03:00:46 AM »

How odd....

I'm not listening to these, btw. In fact, I think i'm going to bury my computer for a week.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7648 on: October 25, 2011, 03:10:46 AM »

How odd....

I'm not listening to these, btw. In fact, I think i'm going to bury my computer for a week.

Be sure to mark the spot well. I had a rather distressing experience trying to locate something I buried a few years ago...

2 and a half
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7649 on: October 25, 2011, 03:35:27 AM »

How odd....

Be sure to mark the spot well. I had a rather distressing experience trying to locate something I buried a few years ago...

I guess we can rule out that being the Phil Cohen hatchet  Smiley
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 310 311 ... 380 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx