gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681074 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 21, 2024, 10:41:12 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike's autobiography now has a title "Good Vibrations - My Life As A Beach Boy"  (Read 9221 times)
J.G. Dev
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2015, 05:38:48 AM »

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2015, 07:20:10 AM »

If Brian's book comes out with 'Murry f*cked Mike over with some great song credits, me and my brothers were a handful at times, Mike has kept the heart beating for the group for over 50 years.......and I really dug Kokomo', Mikes book will probably tank!
The book will tank regardless of what the lovester writes. Won't even have to place a bet with my Mike Love signed "Surf's Up" poster on that. Happy Dance

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
felipe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2015, 09:24:17 AM »

When he and I wrote songs together, they were big hits

so I suppose Smiley Smile, Wild Honey and Friends were big hits
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2015, 02:02:22 PM »

If Brian's book comes out with 'Murry f*cked Mike over with some great song credits, me and my brothers were a handful at times, Mike has kept the heart beating for the group for over 50 years.......and I really dug Kokomo', Mikes book will probably tank!
The book will tank regardless of what the lovester writes. Won't even have to place a bet with my Mike Love signed "Surf's Up" poster on that. Happy Dance

I'm not so sure. If it was Al or Bruce writing a book, maybe. But Mike Love, unpopular as he is, is controversial enough that I could see it selling at least decently well. More so if he drops his favorite talking points and either lets loose all he's been holding in, or surprises everyone and shows some humility, apologizes for his faults and praises his cousins.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2015, 02:52:10 PM »

I seem to remember Mike praising his cousins...all 3 of them... plenty of times.  And I mean for decades.  He also held them accountable for their drug and booze-related 'issues'.  I may not be anywhere near being considered Mike's biggest fan...but I don't think he's as bad as some make hime out to be.  Nor, on the other hand, do I think he's he nearly as wonderful...or talented...as some make him out to be.  He sure as shootin' ain't prolific.

He's just a hard working guy...'cause he is...with a burning desire to make his payments and keep the ball rolling for as long as he can find a hill to roll it down.  For a certain girl singer..."it's all about that bass."  For a certain bass singer 'it's all about the dough.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2015, 02:59:16 PM »

I seem to remember Mike praising his cousins...all 3 of them... plenty of times.  And I mean for decades.  He also held them accountable for their drug and booze-related 'issues'.  I may not be anywhere near being considered Mike's biggest fan...but I don't think he's as bad as some make hime out to be.  Nor, on the other hand, do I think he's he nearly as wonderful...or talented...as some make him out to be.  He sure as shootin' ain't prolific.

He's just a hard working guy...'cause he is...with a burning desire to make his payments and keep the ball rolling for as long as he can find a hill to roll it down.  For a certain girl singer..."it's all about that bass."  For a certain bass singer 'it's all about the dough.

You know what I mean. And you can see from my other posts I'm no blind Mike hater, though I do think he's a significantly flawed and insecure man. When I said that, I didn't mean to imply that he's never said anything nice about the other guys. I just meant it'd be a shock and promote sales if he did it on a bigger scale than before.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
[
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2015, 03:02:35 PM »

You're talking about Meghan Trainor  and Warren G. here?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2015, 03:08:45 PM »

I doubt that'll happen Mujan...  I saw him 'deliver' at a live in person speaking engagement about 8 weeks ago.  He has an age-old script...in his head...which he seldom deviates from.  He perpetuates both myths and truths alike.

Now my old chum Mr Doe points out that *I* have absolutely NO idea what's going to be included in the book or what twists and turns it'll take.  100% true.  But if Mike has much say regarding it's actual content...I'd be shocked to see any earth shattering moments.

You know what Mike needs...desperately?  A smart PR guy.  He's needed one for a LONG time...but now more than ever he should dig into his pocket and hire some help.

---------------

Yes bgas...You read me...like a book.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 03:13:26 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2015, 03:23:46 PM »

I doubt that'll happen Mujan...  I saw him 'deliver' at a live in person speaking engagement about 8 weeks ago.  He has an age-old script...in his head...which he seldom deviates from.  He perpetuates both myths and truths alike.

Now my old chum Mr Doe points out that *I* have absolutely NO idea what's going to be included in the book or what twists and turns it'll take.  100% true.  But if Mike has much say regarding it's actual content...I'd be shocked to see any earth shattering moments.

You know what Mike needs...desperately?  A smart PR guy.  He's needed one for a LONG time...but now more than ever he should dig into his pocket and hire some help.

---------------

Yes bgas...You read me...like a book.

I agree 100%. He gets a lot of flak for things he shouldn't and wouldn't, if he would just deviate from that script as you said. His plight at being sidelined after penning so many hits is very sympathetic, as is being forced to work alongside a nonfunctional alcoholic who's banging his daughter. If he just told all, I think he'd help win at least a few people over.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

[
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2015, 03:50:30 PM »

Here's an interesting question -- has Mike ever, in any interview, taken responsibility for a single mistake regarding the Beach Boys? His own musical career? Or his own personal life?

If so, I am curious to read it. Not because I want to blame him for not being Brian (about the most nonsensical motivation for those of us who don't care for Mike as can be imagined), but because I'd love him to be a less irritating version of himself.

And I'm sure he has some regrets, and feels as though he has made some mistakes. But the fact that he cannot publicly (to my knowledge) take responsibility for any of them is quite odd.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2015, 06:06:04 PM »

Off the top of my head...I can't think of ANY occaision...at any point...anywhere along the 52 year [or is it 53 now that we're into 2015] path where M.E. has ever suggested that he made an error of any kind.

Oh wait...maybe popping Murry one right on the beak?  No...I think he sees that as a positive.  Maybe one of the marriages?  Cassius vs Sonny?

Anyway...it is what it is.  An ongoing and ever increasing litany of effed-up-edness.  [with a fantastic soundtrack]

Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2015, 06:38:09 PM »

Here's an interesting question -- has Mike ever, in any interview, taken responsibility for a single mistake regarding the Beach Boys? His own musical career? Or his own personal life?

If so, I am curious to read it. Not because I want to blame him for not being Brian (about the most nonsensical motivation for those of us who don't care for Mike as can be imagined), but because I'd love him to be a less irritating version of himself.

And I'm sure he has some regrets, and feels as though he has made some mistakes. But the fact that he cannot publicly (to my knowledge) take responsibility for any of them is quite odd.

I couldn't find the quote, bur Mike once said - I'm sure AGD has the exact quote - paraphrasing: "We wouldn't have said or done many things we did to each other if we weren't related". That basically nails it in so many ways. Bring on more of that you have a winner.

Now if people are expecting that Mike apologizes for killing Smile... oh well, I don't expect this kind of thing in his book or Brian's, and that's alright.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 06:44:12 PM by Dancing Bear » Logged

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2015, 06:50:19 PM »

I don't think Mike killed Smile.  He didn't have that kind of power.  [or influence by that point]  [Mike wouldn't rise back to the top and seem to be in control, as far as I'm concerned, until 15 Big Ones.]  I don't know that he did everything he could to help it along though.  He was openly critical of the 'words' and we've all heard him 'chat' about it.  Condescending?  Oh ya.  Really in a position to EVER be that way?  Oh NO.

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx