gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680908 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 07, 2024, 11:23:35 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where is that %^&$@#&* MIC Box Set @#$%^&*(!!!  (Read 211755 times)
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2012, 04:34:16 PM »

Driving age in much of America is 17 as well.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2012, 04:47:37 PM »

C'mon people, it's 'Betsy' not 'Betsey'!

Eh: potato, cucumber.

I like my cucumbers straight…

“We live in divisive times.”
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2012, 04:53:14 PM »

I prefer pickles.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2012, 07:57:12 PM »

I don't wanna pickle just wanna ride on my motorsickle

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2012, 11:00:21 PM »

Not only potentially homophobic but also top-heavy with innuendo - where's the thought Nazis when you need them ?  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2012, 11:06:34 PM »

deep catalog - yellow (to Joe Q. Public, anyway)

You're So Good to Me

All Summer Long

I don't think anything on Endless Summer can really be considered a deep cut.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2012, 12:26:49 AM »

Not only potentially homophobic but also top-heavy with innuendo - where's the thought Nazis when you need them ?  Grin

Actually it's a politically loaded comment on EU vegetable regulations.

But back to the topic: presume that if this box is coming January (according to dozens of EU e-tailers), there'll be an announcement this side of Christmas so we don't blow everything on leftover tour merchandise?

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2012, 12:52:02 AM »

You're So Good to Me

All Summer Long

Hello ? Are you actually reading what I've said ? "To Joe Q. Public"... oh, and Endless Summer was released nearly 40 years ago: Sounds Of Summer is now the gold standard for compilations.

But back to the topic: presume that if this box is coming January (according to dozens of EU e-tailers), there'll be an announcement this side of Christmas so we don't blow everything on leftover tour merchandise?

I find the use of the word "bl*w" here exceedingly distasteful due to its blatant homoerotic overtones (albeit not in this particular context but, well, it's still the word "bl*w", isn't it ? Disgusting).
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 12:55:14 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 25, 2012, 01:31:23 AM »

The Beach Boys are not The Rolling Stones.

Every day I thank the Lord for that.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 25, 2012, 01:38:16 AM »

The Beach Boys are not The Rolling Stones.

Every day I thank the Lord for that.

well, not all of them. ( or isn't Blondie considered official anymore)

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 25, 2012, 02:36:16 AM »

I wanna see Mick Jagger get on stage with The Beach Boys any day now!!

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
rogerlancelot
« Reply #111 on: November 25, 2012, 02:47:26 AM »

I wanna see Mick Jagger get on stage with The Beach Boys any day now!!

He's too chickenshit for that. But for some reason I'll take "Jumping Jack Flash" over "Belles Of Paris" any day. Actually come to think of it (and to be honest), Tattoo You was a much better album than Keeping The Summer Alive. The former seems relevant to the early 1980's whereas the latter seems to have crawled up it's own ass and went to sleep. I am probably not alone in that opinion either.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 25, 2012, 02:52:35 AM »

Not only potentially homophobic but also top-heavy with innuendo - where's the thought Nazis when you need them ?  Grin

Actually it's a politically loaded comment on EU vegetable regulations.

Dear John -

put aside that Laphroaigh for a sec. The idea precisely is that we blow every penny on that unwanted, cheaply designed merchandise. The BBs sales team knows exactly that the only fanbase stupid/courageous/daring/obsessive/disturbed enough, the world over, that will take risky loans, rob a bank, and risk bankruptcy and jail to get hold of that box coming January, is that of the Beach Boys.

Divorce lawyers also will have a field day in February.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 25, 2012, 03:25:42 AM »

You're So Good to Me

All Summer Long

Hello ? Are you actually reading what I've said ? "To Joe Q. Public"... oh, and Endless Summer was released nearly 40 years ago: Sounds Of Summer is now the gold standard for compilations.

I find the use of the word "bl*w" here exceedingly distasteful due to its blatant homoerotic overtones (albeit not in this particular context but, well, it's still the word "bl*w", isn't it ? Disgusting).

I know jack about disgusting terms, but I'm becoming a tad concerned about an apparent obsession with 17-year-olds.  I'd rather have a mature 18-year-old Ardbeg m'self.

Don – the Leapfrog was just a point of reference. In reality, it's Ardbeg every time by choice (though Grants at the mo' due to circumstances).

Suspect this thread is destined for the scrap heap soon but I blame Capitol's wall of silence rather than any lack of willingness of board members* to discuss the subject matter.  S'been fun this time, ain't it!

* Go on AGD, I dare you!   Grin

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 25, 2012, 03:29:46 AM »

You're So Good to Me

All Summer Long

I know jack about disgusting terms, but I'm becoming a tad concerned about an apparent obsession with 17-year-olds.  I'd rather have a mature 18-year-old Ardbeg m'self.

Don – the Leapfrog was just a point of reference. In reality, it's Ardbeg every time by choice (though Grants at the mo' due to circumstances).

Suspect this thread is destined for the scrap heap soon but I blame Capitol's wall of silence rather than any lack of willingness of board members* to discuss the subject matter.  S'been fun this time, ain't it!

Ha, it sure has been funny, and I didn't expect this to run as long as it did... and we'll have a good whiskey together one day, I can sense that.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 25, 2012, 03:41:05 AM »

You're So Good to Me

All Summer Long

Ha, it sure has been funny, and I didn't expect this to run as long as it did... and we'll have a good whiskey together one day, I can sense that.

Don, y'know that there's no "e" in whisky unless you drink the lesser grade stuff from Canada or the US.  Irish I'll let through though!  Turf's Up!

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 25, 2012, 03:58:59 AM »

You're So Good to Me

All Summer Long

Don, y'know that there's no "e" in whisky unless you drink the lesser grade stuff from Canada or the US.  Irish I'll let through though!  Turf's Up!

LOL

I always mix the two up! But we'll peat some day...

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 25, 2012, 05:04:44 PM »

I have a feeling we'll be hearing something in the next 2-3 weeks

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 25, 2012, 05:07:45 PM »

You're So Good to Me

All Summer Long

Okay, fair enough.  But a lot of film buffs would still know All Summer Long from its being in American Graffiti.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 25, 2012, 05:25:40 PM »

Someone said the same thing 2-3 weeks ago Undecided

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 25, 2012, 07:50:29 PM »

You're So Good to Me

All Summer Long

Okay, fair enough.  But a lot of film buffs would still know All Summer Long from its being in American Graffiti.

HELLOOOOO FUCKFACE, ARE YOU EVEN FUCKING LISTENING YOU IGNORANT DOTARD. GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: November 25, 2012, 10:48:20 PM »

You're So Good to Me

All Summer Long

Yes... but how many would remember this much later, and how many would go to a BB gig ?  Basically, if it ain't on SOS, 80% of the punters ain't gonna know it.

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 26, 2012, 01:37:56 AM »

LOL

You beat me to it! (I was going to post something along the lines of: this is the most widely used sentence on SSnet throughout the years ever by a supertera-long-shot).

Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 26, 2012, 01:52:03 AM »

LOL

You beat me to it! (I was going to post something along the lines of: this is the most widely used sentence on SSnet throughout the years ever by a supertera-long-shot).

I personally have a feeling we'll hear something just before the 60th Anniversary kicks off!

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 26, 2012, 01:57:11 AM »

LOL

I personally have a feeling we'll hear something just before the 60th Anniversary kicks off!

LOL ...and then we'll have a box complete with all the mega-rarities that they'll produce in the studio in the upcoming decade...

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 53 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx