gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680949 Posts in 27622 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 09, 2024, 05:57:52 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: TV Alert  (Read 7236 times)
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2009, 08:56:08 PM »

Sorry guys, we won't be appearing after all.  And we were going to do I'm So Young.

Scott

Aww that sucks. I really was going to wake up at 5:30AM too!!!!

Sadly, I still have to wake up at 5:30AM tomorrow...for a trip to the dentist's office.  Fotunately, my dentist is my brother-in-law, so he should'nt torture me TOO much.  Still, a 5:30 wakeup time would be more bearable if the point of it was a Beach Boys TV appearance!
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2009, 11:54:37 PM »

I have no idea what you're talking about (maybe I'm just dense). Huh

And no, the non-appearance of Smile in 1967 was decidedly NOT cool. Cry

Never mind, I was fooling. See: 'I'm So Young' by the BBs was a nice idea but did not get realized (on TV). You wrote that you found the planned event cool; a hallmark of that event was that it did not come true. Same with SMiLE.

I see what you meant now, but it was the planned event that I was enthusiastic about, not the fact that it didn't happen, just like the planned and greatly anticipated release of Smile,
which of course didn't materialize, deflating everyone's enthusiasm (for a very, very long time. Still hasn't achieved closure, IMO and many others') Sad

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2009, 12:06:35 AM »

I have no idea what you're talking about (maybe I'm just dense). Huh

And no, the non-appearance of Smile in 1967 was decidedly NOT cool. Cry

Never mind, I was fooling. See: 'I'm So Young' by the BBs was a nice idea but did not get realized (on TV). You wrote that you found the planned event cool; a hallmark of that event was that it did not come true. Same with SMiLE.

I see what you meant now, but it was the planned event that I was enthusiastic about, not the fact that it didn't happen, just like the planned and greatly anticipated release of Smile,
which of course didn't materialize, deflating everyone's enthusiasm (for a very, very long time. Still hasn't achieved closure, IMO and many others') Sad

I agree wholeheartedly. I will never forget this: after the delayed release of the Pet Sounds Sessions Box Set, MOJO magazine (then the best of the world, now downgraded to a terribly populist average rag) in 1997 had in its 'soon to be released' section: a CD entirely devoted to the genesis and completion of Good Vibrations, and a 3-CD box titled 'The Smile Sessions'. That column was very reliable (I don't recall any false announcements), but as we all know, this was not to come true. Very sad.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2009, 12:12:51 AM »

As the Rev. Jesse Jackson was famous for saying, "Keep hope alive!" Wink

Daly, Chicago 1968
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2009, 11:04:57 AM »

Well I did see The Beach Boys on Bill O'Reilly's show last night. They looked great! Sounded just as good. Bill named them one of America's "Patriots."
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2009, 11:14:56 AM »

MOJO magazine (then the best of the world, now downgraded to a terribly populist average rag)...

Agree! Typical Emap/Bauer Pub. c*ck-up -  take a great product and wreck it.

Do you read Uncut? Alan Jones does a great job editing that - it began to surpass Mojo about 2 years ago, IMHO.

“We live in divisive times.”
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2009, 11:47:35 AM »

Well I did see The Beach Boys on Bill O'Reilly's show last night. They looked great! Sounded just as good. Bill named them one of America's "Patriots."
Darn! I wish I had known about this before I missed not only the show, but both reruns!

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
LittleSurferGirl
Smiley Smile Associate

.Got To Know The Woman.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2009, 01:43:42 PM »

Hey I seen it too! My dad was watching it and goes "Man I love those tunes, miss those times"

"And If you knew how much I love you baby, Nothing could go wrong with you"

www.myspace.com/beachboys4ever [my Beach Boys fanpage]
www.myspace.com/foxybritny [personal page]
Outie 315
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2009, 05:03:57 PM »

The Beach Boys Are Boss:

http://video.tvguide.com/Hot+Topics+Health+Care/Pinheads++Patriots+730/2586235?autoplay=true&partnerid=OVG
The infamous Baldwin Organ
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2009, 06:12:34 AM »

That was worth watching just for the separate story immediately after; with the 7 year old boy who stole the car to get out of going to church. haha  Grin
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2009, 07:25:19 AM »

Who knew that I would actually agree wth Bill O Reily on something  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2009, 09:05:26 AM »

Oh, I'm not so upset I didn't actually see that on TV. That's a really old video -- in it, Kowalski and Farmer are still in the band.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
catman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2009, 01:37:19 AM »

Heartical Don and Alex-  Yeah, the beach boys should play on another network for just those reasons alone...That would be so artistic...

"Cabinessence" can only be understood by the mainstream networks that are economically illiterate, race baiting and promoting of government spending that our children's children will have to pay for...(spending 4X more than the previous administration they criticized justly)

I dont see how any person that holds the US constitution and the rights of man in high regard could possibly like cabinessence...those stupid conservatives...I mean they gave us Bach,Handel, and Mozart but that stuff is not "progressive" enough...

Angry white conservatives, like me, dont like art music. that is why i am on this site. that is why I love smile and watch Fox. I hate art...

(This message makes as much sense as the philosphy that inspired you to write your little political commentary...) 
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2009, 08:20:32 AM »

The Beach Boys appeal to everyone.

Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2009, 01:21:26 PM »

"Cabinessence" doesn't. Sad

Daly, Chicago 1968
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2009, 06:04:42 PM »

Heartical Don and Alex-  Yeah, the beach boys should play on another network for just those reasons alone...That would be so artistic...

"Cabinessence" can only be understood by the mainstream networks that are economically illiterate, race baiting and promoting of government spending that our children's children will have to pay for...(spending 4X more than the previous administration they criticized justly)

I dont see how any person that holds the US constitution and the rights of man in high regard could possibly like cabinessence...those stupid conservatives...I mean they gave us Bach,Handel, and Mozart but that stuff is not "progressive" enough...

Angry white conservatives, like me, dont like art music. that is why i am on this site. that is why I love smile and watch Fox. I hate art...

(This message makes as much sense as the philosophy that inspired you to write your little political commentary...) 

But I honestly thought the enlightened left-wingers liked PS and SMiLE, while the "meat and potatoes crowd" right-wingers preferred Kokomo, SIP, Barbara Ann, and Be True to Your School!!  LOL LOL (I'm kidding, just like I was in my other posts...it's just that these you can't really do a sarcastic or joking tone of voice on these damn intarwebs!)

Seriously, I have no beef against any fellow BBs fans...let's not get into a war..."let's be friiiiiiieeenddsss!" And...

O'Reilly is a tool! (But that doesn't mean you can't like him...)

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2009, 01:42:29 PM »

I'm So Young, South Shore :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGCVpVs5yME&feature=channel_page

Awesome performance......

Nice job!

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

There's a new daddy in town...

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2009, 10:22:39 PM »

"O'Reilly is a tool! (But that doesn't mean you can't like him...)"

Alex, truer words have never been spoken.

A discipline daddy.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx