gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680977 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 11, 2024, 02:11:06 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GOOD VIBRATIONS promo video ex-ci-ta-tions  (Read 48259 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: September 10, 2011, 03:30:31 AM »

I'll ask him next weekend, in London.  Smiley

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 10, 2011, 03:51:44 AM »

I'm sure he'll just be a flood of information on this topic.  For sure!

Course, as a journalist, we know you can couch his replay by the way you ask the question.  What,exactly are you going to ask him?

1) Did you shoot the 'Fire' video intentionally for the GV promo?

2) Did you shoot the 'Fire' video for future 'Smile' promo

3) What did you shoot the 'Fire" video for in 1966.

4) there's this a,,,hole on the Smiley board who thinks ............

Please bring your cell and post the audio on You Tube.  I'm sure we will all be anxiously awaiting the audio from Brian.

Finally, we get the final mystery of "Smile"  solved!

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: September 10, 2011, 03:54:11 AM »

#4 looks like a good option.  Grin

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 10, 2011, 04:02:01 AM »

I'll ask him next weekend, in London.  Smiley
And while you're at it, please ask him some questions we'd REALLY like answered on this board:

1) What project has he been recording this past two months?
2) Is he really considering writing with Mike and making a new BB album?
3) Will he appear with, and possibly tour with, the BB's for the 50th.
4) When is he going to get 'WIBNTLA" released and what other vault material is in the pipeline after 'Smile'

We'd all thank you for that interview!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 04:03:19 AM by SurfRiderHawaii » Logged

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 10, 2011, 04:02:40 AM »

#4 looks like a good option.  Grin

Ha, ha, I knew it LOL

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: September 10, 2011, 04:23:11 AM »

And while you're at it, please ask him some questions we'd REALLY like answered on this board:

4) When is he going to get 'WIBNTLA" released and what other vault material is in the pipeline after 'Smile'

1 - no need
2 - no need
3 - no need
4 - he's not interested.

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 10, 2011, 05:15:37 AM »

1 - no need
2 - no need
3 - no need
4 - he's not interested.

1 - no need - WHY?
2 - no need - WHY?
3 - no need - WHY?
4 - he's not interested. WHY? (He, for years, said he had no interest in releasing the 'Smile' sessions)

Here's your chance for some big scoops AGD.  Get back in the game.  Do some investigative journalism!
You claim to have access.  Access and ask.

There's been countless threads on this stuff and you say "no need"?  I think I've read your posting about wanting a release of 'WIBNTLA" two dozen times.  And you won't ask the question. WOW!!!!

Grow a pair!

There's more to life than just reporting things on message boards like "Beach Boys inducted into the California Hall of Fame."
For a change, give us something current and vibrant.  Stuff like the exact date "Surfer Girl " was recorded gets a little old.

Or are you not really meeting Brian and going to make up your own answer?  With your obsession with always being right, I wouldn't put it past you.

So I expect that You Tube audio Sir.  Evidence!  You've made this a big deal so I expect the real deal!

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 10, 2011, 05:26:34 AM »

Can't speak for you, but to me this is but a passing distraction and I've much more pressing matters to truly worry about.

I can see why Sir. Announcing on Brian's Board "Beach Boys inducted into the California Hall of Fame" is quite the important and pressing matter! Indeed!!!!

As a native Californian from Redondo Beach, we've been up in arms over this injustice for years.  Tonight, I can sleep again!

Oh, just had a flashback of hanging out with the Loves and playing three on three against Stan.  Redondo Beach LA - those were the days!

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: September 10, 2011, 05:38:03 AM »

1 - no need
2 - no need
3 - no need
4 - he's not interested.

1 - no need - WHY?
2 - no need - WHY?
3 - no need - WHY?
4 - he's not interested. WHY? (He, for years, said he had no interest in releasing the 'Smile' sessions)

Here's your chance for some big scoops AGD.  Get back in the game.  Do some investigative journalism!
You claim to have access.  Access and ask.

There's been countless threads on this stuff and you say "no need"?  I think I've read your posting about wanting a release of 'WIBNTLA" two dozen times.  And you won't ask the question. WOW!!!!

Grow a pair!

There's more to life than just reporting things on message boards like "Beach Boys inducted into the California Hall of Fame."
For a change, give us something current and vibrant.  Stuff like the exact date "Surfer Girl " was recorded gets a little old.

Or are you not really meeting Brian and going to make up your own answer?  With your obsession with always being right, I wouldn't put it past you.

So I expect that You Tube audio Sir.  Evidence!  You've made this a big deal so I expect the real deal!

1 - no need to ask, all will become clear later this year/early next, if it isn't already from reading the recent reports and applying a little deductive ability.
2 - ditto
3 - ditto
4 - Brian has zilch interest in the past: wasn't his idea to release TSS (any more than it was to do Pet Sounds and BWPS live), someone put the notion in front of him and, instead of saying "no" as in the past, he said "yeah, why not ?" for a change - quite possibly to stop people bugging him about it. As for "(WIBNT)LA", I doubt he remembers its existence: all he did was do a bv session for it 40 years ago, Dennis was the man in change. Brian isn't the go-to guy for that, and anyway, it's not that simple, as you'd realise if you had even the least grasp of dynamic within BRI. Which you evidently don't, so don't worry yourself on this matter. It was almost released a few years ago, and a few years before that.

And if you really think I'm going to try and tape Brian outside of a mutually agreed, officially sanctioned interview situation, either you've got even less nous than I previously assumed (and trust me, it wasn't much) or you're trolling.

Finally:

Or are you not really meeting Brian and going to make up your own answer?  With your obsession with always being right, I wouldn't put it past you.

When someone accuses me of fabricating answers or research, the following things tend to happen: I regard them as idiots, and stop wasting my time on them and interact with folk who are actually interested in the band as opposed to picking public fights while repeatedly evading questions.

Good day to you sir, splutter and puff as you wish: as Brian would say, it's been a trip.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 05:40:10 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 10, 2011, 06:01:29 AM »

1 - no need
2 - no need
3 - no need
4 - he's not interested.

1 - no need - WHY?
2 - no need - WHY?
3 - no need - WHY?

Here's your chance for some big scoops AGD.  Get back in the game.  Do some investigative journalism!

There's been countless threads on this stuff and you say "no need"?  I think I've read your posting about wanting a release of 'WIBNTLA" two dozen times.  And you won't ask the question. WOW!!!!

Grow a pair!

For a change, give us something current and vibrant.  Stuff like the exact date "Surfer Girl " was recorded gets a little old.

Or are you not really meeting Brian and going to make up your own answer?  With your obsession with always being right, I wouldn't put it past you.

So I expect that You Tube audio Sir.  Evidence!  You've made this a big deal so I expect the real deal!

1 - no need to ask, all will become clear later this year/early next, if it isn't already from reading the recent reports and applying a little deductive ability.
2 - ditto
3 - ditto
4 - Brian has zilch interest in the past: wasn't his idea to release TSS (any more than it was to do Pet Sounds and BWPS live), someone put the notion in front of him and, instead of saying "no" as in the past, he said "yeah, why not ?" for a change - quite possibly to stop people bugging him about it. As for "(WIBNT)LA", I doubt he remembers its existence: all he did was do a bv session for it 40 years ago, Dennis was the man in change. Brian isn't the go-to guy for that, and anyway, it's not that simple, as you'd realise if you had even the least grasp of dynamic within BRI. Which you evidently don't, so don't worry yourself on this matter. It was almost released a few years ago, and a few years before that.

And if you really think I'm going to try and tape Brian outside of a mutually agreed, officially sanctioned interview situation, either you've got even less nous than I previously assumed (and trust me, it wasn't much) or you're trolling.

Finally:

When someone accuses me of fabricating answers or research, the following things tend to happen: I regard them as idiots, and stop wasting my time on them and interact with folk who are actually interested in the band as opposed to picking public fights while repeatedly evading questions.

Good day to you sir, splutter and puff as you wish: as Brian would say, it's been a trip.

Sigh.....
1 - cop out (yes, we've been hearing about the rock album for years.  yawn!  Do some real reporting)
2 -  cop out (obviously we'll know for sure, in like three years.  Again, do some reporting)
3 -   cop out (ditto)
4 -   cop out (I do believe Capitol, in a press release, mention forthcoming archival releases.  Since Brian has no interest in the past, (I guess all the work he's been doing on the Smile box  - like approving every mix and acting as Producer is a hoax,) he'll have no involvement in these other projects either.

Wait, I get it, you are now Brian's official spokesman.  "No comment"

I told you, if you don't like my posts, just walk away.  You don't!

Speaking of ethics, honestly and integrity - There's a reason you ain't an 'Honored Guest' here anymore dude.  Curious minds would love to know?Huh?

I'm just an average person and you are considerably full of yourself.  You are soooooooo obsessed with this stuff, it's sad!
Who knows what you say has any factual basis.  "Source for this info is impeccable." reply - "Please present us with the evidence as well!"  You - "Sure... but not right now." (and you NEVER do)

You've done this so many times on this board it's like a broken record.  Credibility?  And you don't own a turntable either. OMG!

puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 10, 2011, 06:41:21 AM »

eh heh heh you only need to watch a couple hours of bw interviews to know that everything he said was 100% true

brian doesnt give a f*** about stuff like that and everything else will be answered within the next few months
theres no need to think about it any further
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: September 10, 2011, 07:30:52 AM »

1 - no need
2 - no need
3 - no need
4 - he's not interested.

1 - no need - WHY?
2 - no need - WHY?
3 - no need - WHY?

Grow a pair!

2 - ditto
3 - ditto

Finally:

Sigh.....
1 - cop out (yes, we've been hearing about the rock album for years.  yawn!  Do some real reporting)
2 -  cop out (obviously we'll know for sure, in like three years.  Again, do some reporting)
3 -   cop out (ditto)
4 -   cop out (I do believe Capitol, in a press release, mention forthcoming archival releases.  Since Brian has no interest in the past, (I guess all the work he's been doing on the Smile box  - like approving every mix and acting as Producer is a hoax,) he'll have no involvement in these other projects either.

Wait, I get it, you are now Brian's official spokesman.  "No comment"

I told you, if you don't like my posts, just walk away.  You don't!

Speaking of ethics, honestly and integrity - There's a reason you ain't an 'Honored Guest' here anymore dude.  Curious minds would love to know?Huh?

I'm just an average person and you are considerably full of yourself.  You are soooooooo obsessed with this stuff, it's sad!
Who knows what you say has any factual basis.  "Source for this info is impeccable." reply - "Please present us with the evidence as well!"  You - "Sure... but not right now." (and you NEVER do)

If someone tells him something in confidence, I don't blame him for not saying who the source is. And for the record, I can personally confirm that what he said about Brian not caring about the past is true.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 10, 2011, 07:50:32 AM »

asking brian about an archival release seems pointless and a waste of time.  now asking him he remembers dennis' song WIBNTLA might be something else. and a throwaway most likely.
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 10, 2011, 10:36:01 AM »

So what is Brian interested in? (except steak, cake etc...obvs  Roll Eyes)

I do realise that the release of archive material goes far beyond solely Brian's wishes.  However, maybe I sound naive, but isn't he at all into the idea of his late brother(s) having their legacy properly honoured and represented?

I dunno, maybe he would surprise us all with some fond recollection of WIBNTLA. Undecided

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 10, 2011, 10:59:57 AM »

So what is Brian interested in? (except steak, cake etc...obvs  Roll Eyes)

I do realise that the release of archive material goes far beyond solely Brian's wishes.  However, maybe I sound naive, but isn't he at all into the idea of his late brother(s) having their legacy properly honoured and represented?

I dunno, maybe he would surprise us all with some fond recollection of WIBNTLA. Undecided
You can always tell the difference between someone who has interviewed Brian VS. someone who has not. Usually the fastest way to turn him off is to ask questions like something about WIBNTLA or another obscure 40 year old track. He'll say I don't know, never heard it... next question...and from that point you have a little less of him with you. If you could PLAY him a snippet of the track it might be different. But those kind of conditions are usually not possible because of Brian's handlers etc... And even f you did play it for him, if he became even slightly uncomfortable with what you are doing he detaches. Some of the questions suggested above are the same ones that BW gets all the time and he glazes over. If you ask him about steak you probably will get a funny response. Interviewing Brian is hard...it usually ends before you ever make a meaningful connection with him. Once in a blue moon you get lucky and he's in a present mood, and in those cases all bets are off...you never know what he might say. But I think AGD had a good handle on this, he can pretty much predict Brian's responses to the suggested questions...unless its one of those rare times when BW's more engaged than usual. I think I've found him in that state maybe twice in more than a dozen interactions. But...he can surprise you...because he's Brian.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 10, 2011, 01:39:39 PM »

asking brian about an archival release seems pointless and a waste of time.  now asking him he remembers dennis' song WIBNTLA might be something else. and a throwaway most likely.
I think WIBNTLA is in the archives and therefor would be an archival release.
Many would agree what's in the vaults would be 1,000% better than any new album recordings.

Well, I guess we are all about the read dozens of pointless interviews as "the Smile Sessions" (also an archival release) hits the streets.  From Mojo to Rolling Stone, "Brian, how do you feel now that the Smile sessions have been released."
Brian just sits in silence with a distant look in his eyes.  Brian's PA, "Mr. Wilson doesn't discuss music over 40 years old".
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 01:53:38 PM by SurfRiderHawaii » Logged

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 10, 2011, 01:46:45 PM »

asking brian about an archival release seems pointless and a waste of time.  now asking him he remembers dennis' song WIBNTLA might be something else. and a throwaway most likely.
I think WIBNTLA is in the archives and therefor would be an archival release.
Many would agree what's in the vaults would be 1,000% better than any new album recordings.

so Jon, on one hand you say Brian will turn off about a question on a 40 year old track and that AGD has a good handle on interviewing Brian and staying clear of that.
But as AGD so clearly states above, he claims to be going to London and asking Brian about some 44 year old video footage.

So if I get you correctly, AGD will be bringing his iPhone and play Brian the 'Fire' footage?

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 10, 2011, 02:07:01 PM »

If someone tells him something in confidence, I don't blame him for not saying who the source is. And for the record, I can personally confirm that what he said about Brian not caring about the past is true.

If you claim to be a Beach Boys historian, you can't constantly say, "I can't reveal my source".  It's one thing if there's some secret project a foot.  But to claim a confidential source on things like the lead vocal parts on an GV take, is nonsense!

Good journalists use citations when presenting facts.  Plenty of people on here trash Brian's book, and many others, for erroneous facts.  If you're making a statement of fact, you need to back it up.  Otherwise, it's as good as useless.

As to Brian not caring about the past, please read the slew of upcoming Brian "Smile Sessions" interviews for a different take on that premise. 

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 10, 2011, 02:33:25 PM »

Let it go, dude.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 10, 2011, 02:39:20 PM »

so Jon, on one hand you say Brian will turn off about a question on a 40 year old track and that AGD has a good handle on interviewing Brian and staying clear of that.
But as AGD so clearly states above, he claims to be going to London and asking Brian about some 44 year old video footage.

So if I get you correctly, AGD will be bringing his iPhone and play Brian the 'Fire' footage?
I'm saying interviewing Brian is usually frustrating because he's usually not interested in being forthcoming...and someone like Andrew who is real good at framing questions well, and coming up with new angles etc...that even with that going for you it can often produce the same "I don't know, I never heard it"...blank stare...Brian. But, as you can see in Endless Harmony with "Kiss Me Baby"... if Brian can hear a track he often comes to life. There's the story about Boyd playing 'A Time To Live In Dreams" for Brian, and yeah he remembered it when he heard it, and reacted positively. So maybe an Iphone with a Fire video would be a good thing...on the other hand it might freak Brian out. And regarding WIBNTLA... Dennis in general isn't usually a good direction to go in if you want positive energy from Brian. My most recent Brian interview material from just a month or so ago (conducted by my collaborator Howie Edelson) contains one of the most negative things I've ever heard anybody say about Dennis. Brian makes a really ugly comment about his dead brother.  Not fun fun fun. Just bad vibes. Back to Smile...Brian is going to be forced to talk about Smile related things now because he, his wife, his management has signed off on his participation in promoting and approving this box set. Those are the things Brian talks about, the things he is currently promoting. Pet Sounds Live, BWPS, TLOS, Gershwin, Disney...Not because that's his hearts desire...but because that's what he's told to do. So a question about Fire footage should be right in line with what's happening in his world these days. But again, you never know...its Brian, anything might happen...but probably nothing will.

Things seem a little combative around here, and I haven't been paying that close of attention to know the nuances. I hope everybody cools out and has a good weekend.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 10, 2011, 02:58:47 PM »

Let it go, dude.
Established minion!

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 10, 2011, 03:02:33 PM »

f*** off.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 10, 2011, 03:03:48 PM »

f*ck off.

Love it! Charming! You guys so quickly show your true colors! 

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 10, 2011, 03:04:44 PM »

I'm saying interviewing Brian is usually frustrating because he's usually not interested in being forthcoming...and someone like Andrew who is real good at framing questions well, and coming up with new angles etc...that even with that going for you it can often produce the same "I don't know, I never heard it"...blank stare...Brian. But, as you can see in Endless Harmony with "Kiss Me Baby"... if Brian can hear a track he often comes to life. There's the story about Boyd playing 'A Time To Live In Dreams" for Brian, and yeah he remembered it when he heard it, and reacted positively. So maybe an Iphone with a Fire video would be a good thing...on the other hand it might freak Brian out. And regarding WIBNTLA... Dennis in general isn't usually a good direction to go in if you want positive energy from Brian. My most recent Brian interview material from just a month or so ago (conducted by my collaborator Howie Edelson) contains one of the most negative things I've ever heard anybody say about Dennis. Brian makes a really ugly comment about his dead brother.  Not fun fun fun. Just bad vibes. Back to Smile...Brian is going to be forced to talk about Smile related things now because he, his wife, his management has signed off on his participation in promoting and approving this box set. Those are the things Brian talks about, the things he is currently promoting. Pet Sounds Live, BWPS, TLOS, Gershwin, Disney...Not because that's his hearts desire...but because that's what he's told to do. So a question about Fire footage should be right in line with what's happening in his world these days. But again, you never know...its Brian, anything might happen...but probably nothing will.

Things seem a little combative around here, and I haven't been paying that close of attention to know the nuances. I hope everybody cools out and has a good weekend.
Thanks Jon, I hear what your saying.  I guess the point I was  making (this time) is that AGD is not really going to quiz Brian over 45 year old "Fire' footage.  It's all bluster!

As usual, your insights are informative and insightful.  Looking forward to your new book!  Congratulations.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: September 10, 2011, 04:30:46 PM »

Before Jules mentioned it, has there ever been a mention of a connection to Philadelphia with that film, or others? There are two specific TV shows which Jules might be referring to, perhaps without knowing what the shows were. The possibility of such a film - if it were in fact delivered to Philly for broadcast - is pretty high considering what the format of those programs included. Interesting development.

Anyone with a bit more info, it would be much appreciated.

Again, I had heard or had been told the film was intended for UK television. And that could be partially true or mostly true. It was definitely shown on UK television, we can prove that.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx