gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681017 Posts in 27627 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 15, 2024, 11:58:03 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Al Jardine at Union Square Barnes and Nobles  (Read 2705 times)
Clare
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2009, 12:04:02 PM »

In the New york post 10/17/09 Page Six there's a blurb about Paul Shaffer's book signing (David Letterman's band leader) and appently Al Jardine was in the audience - Paul persuaded him to sing a rendition of Help Me Rhonda and the whole audience joined in!  Wish I was there! Smiley
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 01:18:15 PM »

Cool, hope some video surfaces

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 03:22:26 PM »

Are Paul & Al good friends?  I seem to remember Paul mentioning Al's name on Late Night or the Late Show a few years back, at least once.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 03:25:40 PM »

Are Paul & Al good friends?  I seem to remember Paul mentioning Al's name on Late Night or the Late Show a few years back, at least once.

Don't know if they're friends, but Paul is a Beach Boys-fan.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 04:51:25 PM »

and a Spector fan!

Wish Brian woulda showed up and did a rendition of Metal Beach

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
GLarson432
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 09:03:24 PM »

Dave, not Paul, made a few references to "Al Jardine" when it seemed funny to him.  Usually at the end of a 'bit'.  This was 7 to 3 years ago (2002-2005/6)?

I don't watch "Late Night" every night so I can't say it hasn't happened since.  But for a while he (Dave) was on an 'Al Jardine' roll'.  He wasn't knocking Al,  just using him as a semi-obxcure reference.

If the in studio or viewing audence 'got it' then great.  Otherwise, move on the the next joke, guest or whatever...
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 09:14:45 PM »

Paul is a great musician, but Letterman is a total jackass.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 09:49:08 PM »

I seem to remember jokes along the line of 'I was at the airport and this little guy came up to me and said I'm Al Jardine and can we be on your show?' Who is he Paul?

I think as a rule the artists performing have a product to push, not a old hit, however a few months later they sort of did when they were on doing 'Little Deuce Coupe' from the SaS album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP3_WoUQe84
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 11:32:07 PM »

BB including Matt Jardine in 94 sang the top ten list on the show..Dave asked if BW was doin well..On the 93 box set tour Fall 93..BB introduce Paul + he comes out of audience to introduce BB + made a reference to 64 Shindig show..Its on a 2cd sounboard boot..Bw has been on Leterman many times.. 1st time was in 88 where he sang Nitetime then something else.Only time BW sat in chair + was interviewed by Dave....Paul + Dave have allways shown support for BW + BB...
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 11:10:23 PM »

Dave, not Paul, made a few references to "Al Jardine" when it seemed funny to him.  Usually at the end of a 'bit'.  This was 7 to 3 years ago (2002-2005/6)?

I don't watch "Late Night" every night so I can't say it hasn't happened since.  But for a while he (Dave) was on an 'Al Jardine' roll'.  He wasn't knocking Al,  just using him as a semi-obxcure reference.

If the in studio or viewing audence 'got it' then great.  Otherwise, move on the the next joke, guest or whatever...

Letterman hasn't been doing Late Night since the early 90's.  He's been doing the Late Show ever since.  :-)

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
GLarson432
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 01:35:43 PM »

Letterman hasn't been doing Late Night since the early 90's.  He's been doing the Late Show ever since.  :-)

Mea culpa.
Wilsonista
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2009, 01:48:19 AM »

Mea culpa.

He graduated from doing Late Night female staffers to  doing Late Show female staffers in the early 90's too.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2009, 09:43:39 AM »

heeeeyoooooooooo

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2009, 06:52:18 PM »

Mea culpa.

He graduated from doing Late Night female staffers to  doing Late Show female staffers in the early 90's too.

Zing!

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx