gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680986 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 12, 2024, 04:28:40 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The First Gig: Anselmo Valencia Ampitheater Tucson, AZ 4/24/12 (SETLIST/REVIEWS)  (Read 200012 times)
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: April 26, 2012, 10:26:56 AM »

Are we sure its autotune? Backing tape maybe? Some new technology?
He started late on some songs and was filled in on in some places.

This guy told me it's autotune

IS THIS JEFF FOSKETT?

Evil

Ninja

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: April 26, 2012, 10:35:40 AM »

Has anyone posted on the Blueboard about the autotune thing sounding bad?  It wouldn't be cool to say a person heard it on a circulating illegal live recording, but you'd think someone who went to the show (or heard the show and can pretend they were there) might mention it.  Even if the comment on Brian's board winds up being deleted, it would be doing him a favor to point out that it sounds bad and they're not fooling anyone.  It's like a lady having her slip or bra strap showing, most appreciate it if it's pointed out and will do something about it.
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 26, 2012, 10:39:00 AM »

Are we sure its autotune? Backing tape maybe? Some new technology?
He started late on some songs and was filled in on in some places.

This guy told me it's autotune

IS THIS JEFF FOSKETT?

Evil

Ninja

Haha. No but I wouldn't mind if T-Pain paid Foskett's mic a visit. "Don't Back Down"? Eeeek  Undecided
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #703 on: April 26, 2012, 10:46:57 AM »

Funny how everyone's suddenly an expert on autotune.

Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: April 26, 2012, 10:53:52 AM »

Wait: I thought this board was full of pro-tools experts who know what 'autotune' is and what setting to set it on, and they had all agreed that it was auto-tuned, in a live setting, on only 1 microphone.  

NOW YOU'RE TELLING ME MAYBE THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT?Huh??

I thought it was there until I listened to the recording. Listen to Mike's speaking parts, they sound the same as Brian's singing parts. It was recorded on an iPhone for Wilson's sake.

I imagine it's something like that, I just couldn't resist the opportunity to poke a little fun at all the autotune nerds. 

You know what I saw at the mall today?  Autotune.

You know what I saw when I made breakfast this morning?  Autotune.

You know what I saw when I took my clothes out of the dryer?  Autotune.

When I looked in the closet you know what I saw?   ....  No Autotune.... but when I turned around

HE WAS RIGHT BEHHHINNNNNDDD MEEEEE

I am pretty sure there was Autotune in my coffee this morning and I am not imagining this..

And and can I have a PMS?

Cool Guy

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: April 26, 2012, 10:55:27 AM »

Funny how everyone's suddenly an expert on autotune.

It's not hard to tell.  I'm not sure why people even use it that much anymore because it's not something that fools most people.  
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: April 26, 2012, 10:55:57 AM »

Wait: I thought this board was full of pro-tools experts who know what 'autotune' is and what setting to set it on, and they had all agreed that it was auto-tuned, in a live setting, on only 1 microphone.  

NOW YOU'RE TELLING ME MAYBE THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT?Huh??

I thought it was there until I listened to the recording. Listen to Mike's speaking parts, they sound the same as Brian's singing parts. It was recorded on an iPhone for Wilson's sake.

I imagine it's something like that, I just couldn't resist the opportunity to poke a little fun at all the autotune nerds. 

You know what I saw at the mall today?  Autotune.

You know what I saw when I made breakfast this morning?  Autotune.

You know what I saw when I took my clothes out of the dryer?  Autotune.

When I looked in the closet you know what I saw?   ....  No Autotune.... but when I turned around

HE WAS RIGHT BEHHHINNNNNDDD MEEEEE

I am pretty sure there was Autotune in my coffee this morning and I am not imagining this..

And and can I have a PMS?

Cool Guy
I swear my college roomate's snoring is autotuned. Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Paulos
« Reply #707 on: April 26, 2012, 11:15:16 AM »

Oh my, there's a lot of sandy vaginas and twisted titties out there at the moment isn't there? Between autotune rages and rants against new members daring to ask for PM's you would almost forget that this is one of the greatest times ever to be a Beach Boys fan, lighten the heck up people!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: April 26, 2012, 11:20:41 AM »

Oh my, there's a lot of sandy vaginas and twisted titties out there at the moment isn't there? Between autotune rages and rants against new members daring to ask for PM's you would almost forget that this is one of the greatest times ever to be a Beach Boys fan, lighten the heck up people!

Hear Hear! Buy this man a drink.
Paulos
« Reply #709 on: April 26, 2012, 11:25:02 AM »

Hear Hear! Buy this man a drink.

A White Russian would be most appreciated.
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: April 26, 2012, 11:33:33 AM »

Apologies if this has already been posted but I just found it on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rA46mECuM0
myonlysunshine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: April 26, 2012, 11:42:56 AM »

My friend was sitting in the seventh row last night. I told him about what's happening on this board, all the talk about Brian being autotuned, and he told me he did not notice anything going on with Brian's vocals from where he was sitting. He thought Surfer Girl sounded fantastic, and sounded shocked when I told him that there's accusations that autotune might have been used on Brian's voice. Undecided
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: April 26, 2012, 11:47:22 AM »

TWGMTR is the most obvious instance of Robo-Brian

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: April 26, 2012, 12:01:49 PM »

Bw88 disagrees
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: April 26, 2012, 12:03:48 PM »

Apologies if this has already been posted but I just found it on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rA46mECuM0

One good thing about Robo-Brian is that he's pretty easy to detect in the backing vocals

"Bah bah bah bah bah bahhhh bah bahhhh bah bah bahhhhh bah bah"
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #715 on: April 26, 2012, 12:07:27 PM »

Even though I coined the term "Robo-Brian," maybe we need something more creative. "The Robrian"? "The BriBot2012"?

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
Eireannach
Smiley Smile Associate

bedårar

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: April 26, 2012, 12:08:32 PM »

A White Russian would be most appreciated.

"You mix a hell of a Caucasian, Jackie."
b00ts
Smiley Smile Associate

Greldont

View Profile WWW
« Reply #717 on: April 26, 2012, 12:13:07 PM »

I've got to be honest, I am a big autotune hater and I hear it everywhere daily (commercials, songs, etc), but I don't notice it in the Youtube video - Brian makes some flubs and mistakes that are audible. I do notice Jeff doubling him, and perhaps they fed the autotune and Brian's live signal at alternating levels...

- B00ts
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: April 26, 2012, 12:15:57 PM »

Even though I coined the term "Robo-Brian," maybe we need something more creative. "The Robrian"? "The BriBot2012"?

B-Pain son
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: April 26, 2012, 12:16:23 PM »

I think B-Pain is a pretty good one. Though I have reason to believe there was no pitch correction being used on Brian's vocals and it's simply distortion from the frequencies of his voice being recorded on a cellphone.

No mas, por favor.
myonlysunshine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: April 26, 2012, 12:21:15 PM »

From that Youtube video, I'm just not noticing it guys. Undecided I hear what can be described as an echo coming after Brian's vocals, but I have no idea whether that is definitively autotune, Jeff doubling his parts, or just distortion coming from the equipment.
Stegibo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 26, 2012, 12:22:39 PM »

I think B-Pain is a pretty good one. Though I have reason to believe there was no pitch correction being used on Brian's vocals and it's simply distortion from the frequencies of his voice being recorded on a cellphone.
I really hope that`s the case!

Are you ready for some Fun Fun Fun?!
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 26, 2012, 12:23:00 PM »

Not to beat it into the ground (oops too late!) There is most definitely autotune (or a pitch correction effect of some sort) on Brian's vocal. I deal with pitch correction day in and day out, and I'd put it on anything that this is more than just an opinion.
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 26, 2012, 12:25:25 PM »

No, more like limp dicks and masticated balls.

anazgnos
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: April 26, 2012, 12:26:06 PM »

Even though I coined the term "Robo-Brian,"

Aw hell no you didn't son
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 37 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx