gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680904 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 07, 2024, 03:43:05 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 166 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New album info (as it rolls out...)  (Read 1064852 times)
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1350 on: April 21, 2012, 05:43:59 AM »

Roll Eyes

this is what i thought of.  granted, i don't own SIP or KTSA so my thoughts on "islandy songs" are skewed to little pad. 

Of course, there are no "islandy songs" on KTSA.

Roll Eyes
anazgnos
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: April 21, 2012, 08:20:28 AM »

The credits on TWGMTR will be interesting. I hope it doesn't make me lose my believe in prior Brian Wilson-credits.

I don't think it's unheard of for people to purchase songs outright, credits and all.  If Peterik or whoever isn't credited...
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: April 21, 2012, 12:28:12 PM »

this is what i thought of.  granted, i don't own SIP or KTSA so my thoughts on "islandy songs" are skewed to little pad. 

Is that a joke? Surely, "Sunshine" more than qualifies as a piece of faux-island tripe.
SBonilla
« Reply #1353 on: April 21, 2012, 12:57:39 PM »

The credits on TWGMTR will be interesting. I hope it doesn't make me lose my believe in prior Brian Wilson-credits.

I don't think it's unheard of for people to purchase songs outright, credits and all.  If Peterik or whoever isn't credited...
Giving, sharing, selling, buying, and appropriating song credits has been going for a very long time. Credit with no money can be more valuable than money with no credit. Peterik's name will be there.
doc smiley
Smiley Smile Associate

Timeless pounds the livin' daylights outta trendy

View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: April 21, 2012, 03:02:27 PM »

Ok all
after looking at the TWGCR promo, I noticed the ending seems to refer to the new CD as "The BEACH BOYS 50"
at least that is what It looks like to me...    Smiley

"A voice or a song can be so comforting to someone who really needs it."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1990
SBonilla
« Reply #1355 on: April 21, 2012, 03:19:04 PM »

Ok all
after looking at the TWGCR promo, I noticed the ending seems to refer to the new CD as "The BEACH BOYS 50"
"Five Guys Hang Ten" means about the same thing.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: April 21, 2012, 03:22:03 PM »

Ok all

i don't get that sense at all
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: April 21, 2012, 03:43:01 PM »

Yeah, that's been the reunion logo since the reunion was announced iirc. Wonder if they'll go the self-titled route again, it doesn't seem to have a title yet.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: April 21, 2012, 06:50:51 PM »

TWGMR would be a good title.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: April 21, 2012, 07:18:52 PM »

TWGMR would be a good title.

Not enough vowels.

No mas, por favor.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1360 on: April 21, 2012, 10:40:02 PM »

Is that a joke? Surely, "Sunshine" more than qualifies as a piece of faux-island tripe.

it's arguable, I'll give you that. but my point was, don't discount the album because you think it's full of kokomos when it's nothing of the sort.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: April 22, 2012, 04:59:06 AM »

this is what i thought of.  granted, i don't own SIP or KTSA so my thoughts on "islandy songs" are skewed to little pad.  

it's arguable, I'll give you that. but my point was, don't discount the album because you think it's full of kokomos when it's nothing of the sort.

i discount it because what i've heard is crap, never thought it was full of kokomos (which probably would be a popular album).  I was probably misremembering hearing more islandy songs on it
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 05:02:08 AM by Runaways » Logged
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: April 22, 2012, 07:17:58 AM »

Ok all
at least that is what It looks like to me...    Smiley
Yup. I thought the same thing after watching it this morning. I was so psyched about hearing the song, I didn't notice it yesterday, but this video rather plainly refers to the new album as 'The Beach Boys 50', or maybe the official title will simply be '50'. I  would have liked a title with more razzle dazzle, but I honestly don't know how else to interpret what it says. It could be that my original concept for the album title 'The Beach Boys Five-0' wasn't far off the mark.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 09:18:08 AM by krabklaw » Logged

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: April 22, 2012, 07:34:31 AM »

I saw it more as the logo that has been used on everything. 
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: April 22, 2012, 08:18:27 AM »

It is the logo that's been used on everything, but it may also be the title of the album.  Here's what it says:

Brian Wilson, Mike Love
  Al Jardine, Bruce Johnston, David Matks

The Beach Boys 50 (logo)
         The Brand New Studio Album
                     June 5, 2012

Includes The New Hit
     "That's Why God Made The Radio"
                   Available Now

So, this promo video was produced with the thought that it would be released at the same time as or just after the single release (see Available Now) to promote both the single and the album.  Why then would they not put the name of the album on there?  Well, maybe they did.  "The Beach Boys 50", the brand new studio album.  Doesn't make sense to produce the video like this, and then go back later and change it to put the name of the album in there.  That's how I'm seeing it.  Of course, I could be wrong.  We'll see.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 08:45:56 AM by LostArt » Logged
gsmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: April 22, 2012, 09:25:50 AM »

"50 Big Ones"!  My, how time flies.

Quote from: So cold I go burr
There are people who have taken LSD thousands of times and are as sane as Jeff Foskett. Well, that's a bad example, because Jeff hates Love You and that's INSANE.
SBonilla
« Reply #1366 on: April 22, 2012, 09:36:39 AM »

It is the logo that's been used on everything, but it may also be the title of the album.  Here's what it says:

Brian Wilson, Mike Love
  Al Jardine, Bruce Johnston, David Matks

The Beach Boys 50 (logo)
         The Brand New Studio Album
                     June 5, 2012

Includes The New Hit
     "That's Why God Made The Radio"
                   Available Now

So, this promo video was produced with the thought that it would be released at the same time as or just after the single release (see Available Now) to promote both the single and the album.  Why then would they not put the name of the album on there?  Well, maybe they did.  "The Beach Boys 50", the brand new studio album.  Doesn't make sense to produce the video like this, and then go back later and change it to put the name of the album in there.  That's how I'm seeing it.  Of course, I could be wrong.  We'll see.

If this is a test version of the commercial using the BB50 logo as a place setter, it is just a matter of replacing  the logo graphic with the new album artwork. I don't think that's a major editing job.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: April 22, 2012, 09:54:06 AM »

i wish someone would hype up some of the songs on the album, i need some details on the original tunes
Wilson Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: April 22, 2012, 11:17:50 AM »

i wish someone would hype up some of the songs on the album, i need some details on the original tunes
Yes indeed.
slickman9696
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: April 22, 2012, 03:34:31 PM »

Yea, it's probably not called Beach Boys 50. I mean, the promo did say the single was available now, and it's clearly not. All probably a place holder to show the guys what it would look like. Then they can give their yes or no to it and replace the appropriate information. But, as always, one could be wrong.
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: April 22, 2012, 04:47:27 PM »

Adele started the trend with her albums '19' and '21'. Now it's the Beach Boys' '50'.

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: April 22, 2012, 05:34:04 PM »

This photo however, yuck. Nice hair, Al? And what is up with Bruce's scrunchface smile? It seems to get worse as the years go by. Its super annoying, and it always bothers me when I see photos with him looking like that, cuz it makes him look older, and the group look cheesier, in my opinion.
The BBs at low tide.... They look like parodies of themselves with the worst clothes the 1990s could offer.

they look great!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: April 22, 2012, 07:43:07 PM »

If it was just called "50"... that might make sense.  I hope they come up with something better, but something like "Summer's Over" isn't really any better.  I'd be alright with "50", though... but hopefully something more classy comes along. 
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: April 22, 2012, 08:42:06 PM »

holy sh*t i need to hear the wilson/love songs GAAAAAAAHHHH
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: April 22, 2012, 11:55:05 PM »

This photo however, yuck. Nice hair, Al? And what is up with Bruce's scrunchface smile? It seems to get worse as the years go by. Its super annoying, and it always bothers me when I see photos with him looking like that, cuz it makes him look older, and the group look cheesier, in my opinion.
The BBs at low tide.... They look like parodies of themselves with the worst clothes the 1990s could offer.

they look "great"!

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 166 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx