gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680994 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 13, 2024, 10:52:44 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Al Jardine — Record Store Day appearance + new single art (ex. first look)  (Read 2893 times)
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2011, 07:27:45 AM »

Be sure to check out the slide show for a first look at the single art for "Don't Fight The Sea" and "Friends" (A Capella)

http://www.examiner.com/beach-boys-in-national/al-jardine-what-s-store-on-record-store-day

« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 07:31:33 AM by ESQ Editor » Logged
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 08:24:57 AM »

Does anyone know if the Don't Fight The Sea single will be available in European record stores?
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 08:43:28 AM »

Amoeba is up the corner and around the block from me, so I'll be showing up on Saturday.  Anybody else here going?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 10:20:06 AM »

Does anyone know if the Don't Fight The Sea single will be available in European record stores?

Probably not…The links will be set up via Aljardine.com and Thebeachboys.com next Tuesday.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 10:48:02 AM »

Interesting, a 45 rpm release with a small hole in the center.... Is that common now?

Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 10:54:07 AM »

Interesting, a 45 rpm release with a small hole in the center.... Is that common now?

I've seen singles released like this for decades. It's more of a European-style, right?
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 10:57:12 AM »

No it isn't, MDH.  It's the retro look.  Remember when you had to buy a plastic adapter to fit into the hole in the center of the 45 (single) so you could place it on the spindle of the record player? This record is kinda like a 33 1/3 vinyl album, without the need for an adapter to play it.

I don't think most people are gonna play it anyway. For me it's a collectible to be stored with my Beach Boys 45's.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 10:59:17 AM »

Amoeba is up the corner and around the block from me, so I'll be showing up on Saturday.  Anybody else here going?

So you gonna ask Al a juicy box set related question, or just play it cool?!!

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 11:02:57 AM »

Jardine will also field questions from fans regarding the upcoming SMiLE box set release.

Mikie (and anyone else going to Amoeba): If Al is going to be answering questions about the Smile box, you need to ask some of them (and report back here ASAP on Saturday)!!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 11:07:55 AM »

K.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 11:10:59 AM »

Ask him if it's a Zen Koan.  Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 11:22:45 AM »

Hell no!   He'll look at me with a weird look on his face and say, "Next in line please!"
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 11:24:04 AM by Mikie » Logged

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 12:30:13 PM »

Hell no!   He'll look at me with a weird look on his face and say, "Next in line please!"
LOL

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 01:45:46 PM »

Hell no!   He'll look at me with a weird look on his face and say, "Next in line please!"

He'll probably do that whether you ask him anything or not!   LOL

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
MBE
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2011, 01:57:00 PM »

Of course I will play it. I love the sound of vinyl!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 02:12:25 PM »

I would think track listing etc is a work in progress but I would hope they have a yay/ nay on the Frank Holmes artwork by now. Worth a shot Mikie!
Fun Is In
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 02:25:51 PM »

Just don't ask him to make any barnyard animal sounds Shocked
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2011, 02:30:20 PM »

Are you going to Japantown to see Al play?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2011, 02:34:49 PM »

I would think track listing etc is a work in progress but I would hope they have a yay/ nay on the Frank Holmes artwork by now. Worth a shot Mikie!

Yeah, even though the track listing is probably more important, the Holmes artwork might be worth asking about. I just hope they keep this packaging true to the proposed original release. London already had his chance in 2004 (and did a good job) but........this is a Beach Boys SMiLE release this time. Let's get it right!

I'm not sure Al will know what the track line-up will be. I kinda doubt it, but I'll ask him if it's finalized yet.

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2011, 02:42:34 PM »

Are you going to Japantown to see Al play?

I don't think so.  I already committed to taking the little woman to another concert early Saturday night. Besides, it's a total zoo in Chinatown on weekends, especially to park. Last time it cost me $20.00 to park for just a couple of hours and I had to walk about 5 blocks to get there! 

I'm sure Les and/or other Bay Area BB fans will be in Chinatown and will give a little report.

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2011, 02:53:59 PM »

Just don't ask him to make any barnyard animal sounds Shocked

Yeah! I should ask him about the time Brian made him crawl around the floor making animal noises!

If I have the chance, I'll ask him if he has an update about a Beach Boys reunion this year.....
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 02:57:20 PM by Mikie » Logged

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx