gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681087 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 22, 2024, 03:35:33 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Toni Tennille interview (Beach Boys story)  (Read 1796 times)
GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2016, 03:49:24 PM »

Hello all,
I remember there being a thread on here some months back about Toni Tennille's book and whether she went into her time with The Beach Boys. I interviewed her today and made sure to ask her about that. The Beach Boys portion comes at 6:00 minutes in (but the whole thing is pretty interesting IMO).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axgFqZUNXug
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 07:21:31 PM »

Great interview! You really had her at ease and the interview flowed so nicely. You guys got the Dennis thing wrong. He was the middle child, not the youngest. I was also amazed at how easy she talked about her and Darryl's relationship. Very interesting. The story with Carl was cool and her being the only Beach Girl on stage. All very well done! Thank you for the very interesting interview.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 07:23:14 PM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 07:26:40 PM »

Great interview! You really had her at ease and interview flowed so nicely. You guys got the Dennis thing wrong. He was the middle child, not the youngest. I was also amazed at how easy she talk d about her and Darryl's relationship. Very interesting. The story with Carl was cool and her being the only Beach Girl on stage. All very well done! Thank you for the very interesting interview.

Thanks so much! And yes, shame on me for not catching that about Dennis. Brain fart!  Embarrassed

In my defense, maybe I was a little mesmerized.  LOL It was all I could do to not ask if Dennis hit on her (I mean, he would have had to, right? It was in his nature).
Willy Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Hooga Hagga Hooga

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 06:18:21 AM »

I thoroughly enjoyed that...... thanks for sharing  Love

I bumped my head, the sky turned red, the aardvark said, "Banana!"
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 08:03:12 AM »

Great interview! You really had her at ease and interview flowed so nicely. You guys got the Dennis thing wrong. He was the middle child, not the youngest. I was also amazed at how easy she talk d about her and Darryl's relationship. Very interesting. The story with Carl was cool and her being the only Beach Girl on stage. All very well done! Thank you for the very interesting interview.

Thanks so much! And yes, shame on me for not catching that about Dennis. Brain fart!  Embarrassed

In my defense, maybe I was a little mesmerized.  LOL It was all I could do to not ask if Dennis hit on her (I mean, he would have had to, right? It was in his nature).
I also meant to mention that earlier in the day (Sunday) I saw Toni on an episode of the Love Boat from 1981, I believe. Her acting wasn't too bad, either. What a looker! Smiley

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.