gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680888 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 03, 2024, 02:39:10 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rocky Pamplin book about The Beach Boys?  (Read 494840 times)
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #925 on: January 27, 2016, 11:23:52 AM »

This is one helluva roller coaster ride, people. One thing I'll say for Rocky, leaving aside all else, is that he seems to remember how to be loose, live in the moment and not be overly PC and uptight, like so many people are nowadays, an approach that was synonymous with the 1970s but is endangered today. I kind of envy that....

Ron Burgundy anyone!
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #926 on: January 27, 2016, 11:25:53 AM »

Smiley Good morning Smile, am I the only one who greets the site? my my! My manager suggested that I post "ONE" entire Chapter for the benefit of the many intelligent readers of Smile... I said I would be all for it... except we already know there are a handful of people who's only goal here is to criticize , insult, ridicule, demean, and impune someone else's writing! He said... Do not concern yourself with the handful of negative people... who constantly post... concern yourself only with the silent vast majority of the Smile readers who are the target readership of your book... they know that... that's the only way those people can feel good about themselves! I said ALRIGHT I'll do it! I'll post it in segments so they won't take up volumes of space. Now I just have to decide which Chapter? (I told him watch... some wanker will say something like... don't post a whole chapter we just want to read our own brilliant words of abuse)!
You know that there are only a couple hundred readers of this board, right?
At this moment, this thread is averaging <47 views per comment. I'd say at least half that number have chimed in.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 11:36:14 AM by Emily » Logged
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #927 on: January 27, 2016, 11:26:27 AM »

Smiley Good morning Smile, am I the only one who greets the site? my my! My manager suggested that I post "ONE" entire Chapter for the benefit of the many intelligent readers of Smile... I said I would be all for it... except we already know there are a handful of people who's only goal here is to criticize , insult, ridicule, demean, and impune someone else's writing! He said... Do not concern yourself with the handful of negative people... who constantly post... concern yourself only with the silent vast majority of the Smile readers who are the target readership of your book... they know that... that's the only way those people can feel good about themselves! I said ALRIGHT I'll do it! I'll post it in segments so they won't take up volumes of space. Now I just have to decide which Chapter? (I told him watch... some wanker will say something like... don't post a whole chapter we just want to read our own brilliant words of abuse)!

I look forward to it Rocky and I'm sure others will too. By the way, Good morning or evening in the UK!
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 27, 2016, 11:47:38 AM »

Gosh darn it Rocky, don't post a whole chapter, we just want to read our own brilliant words of abuse. Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 27, 2016, 11:51:27 AM »

At this moment, this thread is averaging <47 views per comment. I'd say at least half that number have chimed in.
At somewhere around 600 replies, a staggering 120plus were from Emily, and that number may have trended upwards since, proportionately.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #930 on: January 27, 2016, 12:00:51 PM »

At somewhere around 600 replies, a staggering 120plus were from Emily, and that number may have trended upwards since, proportionately.
Yup. I'm engaged in this topic.
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #931 on: January 27, 2016, 12:27:07 PM »

Smiley  Emily did you just say... YUP...? Is that even a word...? I've heard of YEP... could you ELUCIDATE...?  Not to be confused with hallucinate ! 20% of the posts on this site are from YOU...Emily? Your at #867 posts...I'm at #70 posts...(can we get another YUP) Smiley Smiley Juice, that's the first post of your's I've liked...thanks for pointing that out! Maybe your not so bad? Smiley Manning, that's OK about the JUDGE word (below) I've gotten use to it. Smiley chaki... #TEAMROCKY ? (below) is that a positive note?... WONDERS NEVER CEASE! Smiley Smiley Smiley (you get 3 smiles)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 12:51:25 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #932 on: January 27, 2016, 12:40:33 PM »

Smiley Good morning Smile, am I the only one who greets the site? my my! My manager suggested that I post "ONE" entire Chapter for the benefit of the many intelligent readers of Smile... I said I would be all for it... except we already know there are a handful of people who's only goal here is to criticize , insult, ridicule, demean, and impune someone else's writing! He said... Do not concern yourself with the handful of negative people... "who constantly post"... concern yourself only with the silent vast majority of the Smile readers who are the target readership of your book... they know that... that's the only way those people can feel good about themselves! I said ALRIGHT I'll do it! I'll start tomorrow and I'll post it in segments so as not to take up volumes of space. Now I just have to decide which Chapter? (I told him watch... some wanker will say something like... don't post a whole chapter we just want to read our own brilliant words of abuse)! Smiley Smiley

Appreciate this gesture. This will allow us to judge far better.

Looking forward to it.

(Oh poop I used the "judge" word!)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 12:44:51 PM by John Manning » Logged

“We live in divisive times.”
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: January 27, 2016, 01:03:02 PM »

The last few posts from Balboa are even more disturbing, like a thesaurus as been used to make the post seem "educated".

I'm wondering when the quotation mark and caps lock keys are going to give out on Rocky's keyboard, due to overuse.

Tee-HEE!

Don't you mean "Tee-HEE"?

Sorry, that's going to be my only contribution to this "discuss-ION".

But that's what I did say!  Someone send me RP's coppy editer...
chaki
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #934 on: January 27, 2016, 01:09:34 PM »

#TEAMROCKY
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #935 on: January 27, 2016, 01:33:25 PM »

Correction - unproportionally.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #936 on: January 27, 2016, 02:02:23 PM »

Smiley Well, "WONDERS" never do cease... first "chaki"... #TEAMROCKY! Is that from those teen movies... "Twilight"?... Smiley Smiley and now... I'm not the only one who gets corrected... Alan Smith corrected Juice... "unproportionally""... that would be the same as "disproportionately" would it not? this is a good day  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 01:21:27 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #937 on: January 27, 2016, 03:35:39 PM »

Smiley  Emily did you just say... YUP...? Is that even a word...? I've heard of YEP... could you ELUCIDATE...?  Not to be confused with hallucinate ! 20% of the posts on this site are from YOU...Emily? Your at #867 posts...I'm at #70 posts...(can we get another YUP) Smiley Smiley Juice, that's the first post of your's I've liked...thanks for pointing that out! Maybe your not so bad? Smiley Manning that's OK about the JUDGE word (below) I've gotten use to it. Smiley chaki... #TEAMROCKY ? (below) is that a positive note?... WONDERS NEVER CEASE! Smiley Smiley Smiley (you get 3 smiles)
It's in the MW dictionary, Rocky. Should I wear it as a badge of shame that I'm interested in this discussion? I find it very compelling.
I think you've misunderstood Juice Brohnston all along and are wrongly critical of him, btw.
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: January 27, 2016, 03:43:51 PM »

Smiley  Emily did you just say... YUP...? Is that even a word...? I've heard of YEP... could you ELUCIDATE...?  Not to be confused with hallucinate ! 20% of the posts on this site are from YOU...Emily? Your at #867 posts...I'm at #70 posts...(can we get another YUP) Smiley Smiley Juice, that's the first post of your's I've liked...thanks for pointing that out! Maybe your not so bad? Smiley Manning that's OK about the JUDGE word (below) I've gotten use to it. Smiley chaki... #TEAMROCKY ? (below) is that a positive note?... WONDERS NEVER CEASE! Smiley Smiley Smiley (you get 3 smiles)

I'm way in left field on this, but Rushton's style of writing bears an uncanny resemblance to the decade-old postings from Smilin' Jeannie on the Blueboard. Run ons, non sequiturs, confusing trains of thought. Could it be...? ? ?

You BET!!!!  Cool  Shocked  Evil WEEEEEEEE!!!! YUP! YEP! YOWZER!!!!!!! Razz Cool

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #939 on: January 27, 2016, 03:50:55 PM »

Smiley I think you have been"WRONGLY CRITICAL" all along Emily! Don't even try to pretend you haven't! You and you'r massive number of posts... and you'r buddy doo doo!(nice pic 60s) LOL
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 04:11:48 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #940 on: January 27, 2016, 04:14:57 PM »

Isn't it DISproportionately?  I'll let our resident grammatician, Prof. Pamplin, be the arbiter in this matter.
Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #941 on: January 27, 2016, 04:41:31 PM »

Speaking of nice pics rockyrushton your avatar is what, like thirty years old. Is that from your playgirl shoot or one of your contemplative cigarette ads? I'm gonna bet the belly isn't that flat anymore and the hair isn't quite that full.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #942 on: January 27, 2016, 04:46:44 PM »

It's a cigarette ad!!!!! LOL LOL LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #943 on: January 27, 2016, 06:40:59 PM »

Rocky, look forward to reading a chapter! We have qute a few published authors posting on the board so you might get some valuable feedback from those besides the wanker haters. But manager?  You mean Stephen Love who edited your book, feeds you Hawaiian phrases you don't understand and coherent English copy that you occasionally slip in to your posts?

I am also prone to grammatical screw-ups though using this Samsung tablet doesn't help. Grammer wasn't my best subject but as a fellow college graduate (you did graduate?), let me throw you a couple bones:

1) Yep is in Webster's Dictionary

2) A common mistake not only for students learning English but also for native speakers is the difference between There, Their and They're in written English.

This happens because both words sound the same when they are spoken.

Words that sound the same but have different meanings (and sometimes spelling) are called homophones. Therefore they're, their and there are Homophones.

Which words would make the following sentence correct?

They're/Their/There playing they're/their/there video games over they're/their/there.

The answer appears at the end of the post so let's learn the rules meanwhile.
What is the difference between There, Their and They're?

THERE

There is the opposite of Here. It means 'in that place' not here.

A: Where is my book? – B: It's over there.
    I will look for a hotel to stay when I arrive there.

There is/There are = to show that something exists.

There is a book on the table
    There are many countries in Europe.

THEIR

Their is a possessive adjective which is used before a noun. It shows possession, that something belongs to them.

Their house is big.
    All of their friends were crazy.
    The children put their books in their school bags.

THEY'RE

They're is a contraction of they are.
e.g. They're happy = They are happy

They're is usually before an adjective or a verb ending in ING.

They're very interested in the project.
    I personally think they';re crazy!
    They're singing loudly.

Example sentence...

So now you know the difference let's try the original question:

They're/Their/There playing they're/their/there video games over they're/their/there.

The answer is:

They're playing their video games over there.

Why?

They're playing (they're is used before a verb ending in -ing making it the progressive tense)

Their video games (their is a possessive used before a noun to show possession)

Over there (there because it means not here, in that place)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 07:07:09 PM by OregonRiverRider » Logged

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #944 on: January 27, 2016, 07:01:31 PM »

Smiley I think you have been"WRONGLY CRITICAL" all along Emily! Don't even try to pretend you haven't! You and you'r massive number of posts... and you'r buddy doo doo!(nice pic 60s) LOL
I'm sure you think I'm wrongly critical but do you really think I'm pretending to agree with myself?

It looks like a Winston's ad.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 07:02:58 PM by Emily » Logged
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #945 on: January 27, 2016, 09:32:17 PM »

Smiley Well, "WONDERS" never do cease... first "chaki"... #TEAMROCKY! Is that from those teen movies... "Twilight"?... Smiley Smiley and now... I'm not the only one who gets corrected... Allan Smith corrected Juice... "unproportionally""... that would be the same as "disproportionate" would it not? this is a good day  Smiley

Almost a point, but while correcting Alan you could at least spell his name correctly…

“We live in divisive times.”
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #946 on: January 27, 2016, 10:04:35 PM »

Thank You for taking the time to correct me. However I am still not sure that we have the right word. In my clumsy way, what I was trying to say was that if Emily had written 120 replies out of 600, and we were now at, say 900 replies, that the amount of Emily's replies might be slightly higher over the last 300 replies as a percentage. So I don't think we are talking about an uproportional number (the number referring to the total replies)
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #947 on: January 27, 2016, 11:30:43 PM »

You are incorrectly assuming that all readers of this board are members. At any given time a large number of readers are guests, and thus not necessarily members. And, as previously stated, not all members are active posters, but they may still be readers.
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #948 on: January 28, 2016, 12:14:10 AM »

Well, IRREGARDLESS of all the grammar controversy....
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #949 on: January 28, 2016, 12:28:52 AM »

Well, IRREGARDLESS of all the grammar controversy....

Wink

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 83 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx